How are you investing in this man besides lifting?

How are you investing in this man besides lifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

eisenhower.me/eisenhower-matrix/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Learning German and Spanish. Trying to find time to read more often. Budgeting my time is always a struggle.

>Lifting
>Completed college without student loans
>Hiking
>Working
>Lifti-
Wait already said that
>Going to the gy...
>Working ou-
Oh I know
>Daily exerci-
uhh
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
fuck.

I'm not. History has shown it's a bad investment.

I picked up learning a language so I have a reason to not kill myself

I just bought a new professional graphics tablet.

i got 12K in anonstocks, they're can only go up from here right?

what is anonstocks?

What should I pick up after these two?

the most beneficial would be mandarin

Even if you lack experience in the IT sector, knowing mandarin can land you in high paying jobs you could never expect, however a downside is that you will be flying to china a lot

>quit spending money on shit I don't need
>saving some of that money/ using some to pay off my loans faster
>going back to school to get my Master's

China is the bomb tho.

Whats the best way of learning a new language? Reading books? Using language apps?

4.0 GPA starting third semester of skool next week

Putting money in my IRA

Taking loads of MDMA (trust me)

I know this sounds pretty stupid, but I've cut my group of friends down to like 4 people.

For a while I had alot of trouble deciding what type of person I was, and I realized it was because I hung out with too many different types of groups -- So i've ghosted everyone except my best friends.

The ones who I don't have to be anyone but myself around.
I already feel like i'm living a much more fulfilling life.

Besides that and career stuff, I've taken a break from pursuing women and focusing on writing poetry.

>Besides that and career stuff, I've taken a break from pursuing women and focusing on writing poetry.

good luck on that masters, what ya studying?
>taking MDMA
why? explain
Nice, I consider myself pretty successful but not even multilingual beside a bit of conversational german

keep it up man

iktf brah, its good you're investing in others aswell as yourself

Consistency, regular practice, dedication and discipline. Changing up your routine every now and then.

You know, like lifting.

>hiking
my friend

So it doesn't matter what you do as long as you do it? I'm using the duolingo webapp.

just made 50 bux today!

quitting things that are unrealistic

videogames, camsluts, junkfood

im feeling better already, more isolated but happier

>tfw i do g4p camming to pay rent
feel kind of bitter about this.

i heard the money is good (up to 300 a night)

Getting CPA certified
Running half marathons
Hiking 200 miles of the Appalachian Trail this summer
Kayaking and crabbing the Chesapeake
Hunting Texan hog with my cousin next fall

I've stopped hanging out with my highschool friends too, feel like they were a terrible influence on me

Do you start with the alphabet? When should I start to learn the grammar?

what language are you learning

what's your native language

I'm learning Czech, and my native language is English.

>somehow getting through uni
>trying to make a bit of money/"experience" on the side
>learning to dance and play table tennis, which also helps with social gains
>if i got spare time i read random articles on an independant/"objective" news site

memes

that's if you go hard on aquiring patrons/donators

i'm real chill about it, log on about once a week prob pull in about 150-200 a wk.

More if I do deranged shit

>Attending teachers college
>Volunteering at church
>Working at a gym with athletes who have disabilities
>Going out with friends to concerts for social gains
>Going to text a qt 3.14 10/10 Lebanese girl to make dinner plans

Veeky Forums, what are some good hobbies I can develop from home? With course load, gym, church, work, commuting and volunteering, it gets hectic.
How can I make myself make mental gains?

from sydney?

heaps of leb sluts here

im not on those sites to make friends. im there to pretend im smashing a babe. when she (or in g4p case, you) talk about how you smashed a guy the day prior and treat my tokens like its a business you can fuck right off because thats the polar opposite to why im there in the first place

which is why i left, its unrealistic. i will never have a hot babe like those sites because they are sluts fucking new guys biweekly. leaving gets my head out of that mentality so i can focus on meeting a person who may not be as attractive but will form a meaningful and committed relationship

idk i do sometimes enjoy the banter with the lads in my chat.

but you're right, if you're happy with fapping to pixels you'll never have the drive to go out there and meet girls. Good on you man.

MDMA is good and all, but please don't abuse it - you can easily fuck up your brain.

I'm not some christfag conservative telling you about the dangers of drugs, I'm speaking from experience.

Being on the verge of crying constantly.

>redoing grade 12
>reading regularly
>spending more time with family
>paying attention to politics and current events
>trying to be more hygienic and have better posture

Being Veeky Forums literally makes your life better. It's hard to believe that last year I was smoking pot every day, doing cocaine on the weekend, smoking a pack and a half a day with 35% body fat.

>reading useful books and literature
>Getting my business started
>Going to a good college for a stem degree
>Lifting
>Reading up on investing
>Stopped Vidya and bs

>>redoing grade 12

What are you, retarded or something? How did you fail high school?

>stopping Vidya and BS

I really want to quit. I believe once school starts that it will help cure me of this addictive ailment. I only play like an hour a day but it just kills me to know that I can't quit it entirely.

studying machine learning, math and stats

>tfw you want to learn multiple languages but can't settle on which one to learn first

fuck

I want to learn Japanese (games that will never get translated) and German (last german speaker in my family, grandpa, died last year. Didn't teach it to anyone because he grew up when speaking German in public was illegal)

got the gf finally so now I am trying to get a job at bank of america

how do you fail in high school?

Studying Finance/Economics at university.

Reading one book per week.

Want to try more activities like swimming and hiking, but no friends :(

Also plan to improve my cooking skills this year.

I also write/produce music so hopefully that goes somewhere. I aim to dedicate time to further my knowledge of music production & theory, but time is scarce.

While I understand the logic, I think that drastic and immediate action like that is a bit of an overreaction.

You can be acquaintances with many people and friends with a few. You should have kept those connections. You never know when you may need them.

Duolingo is too easy, get a grammar book.

Hike on your own mate. I designate Sunday as my hiking day, get up early and have an audiobook downloaded, then I go hiking until I finished the book.

I live in NZ, so the trails are a plenty, but it might be harder depending on where you live. Nevertheless I find hiking more fun on my own, it's almost meditative.

akl?

Duo lingo every day plus watching simple media = casual as fuck learning.

Why make it harder then it has to be?

>I know this sounds pretty stupid, but I've cut my group of friends down to like 4 people.
I'm pretty sure this happens to a lot of people as they get older whether they want it to happen or not.

It's funny you just so happen to reply to me 'cause I'm from New Zealand too.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it. Any trails you'd recommend?

Auckland here

fuck replied to the wrong person

() this was meant for you () my bad

Seconded

I sorta grew outta it. Bought a GTX 970 and the next thing you know I don't give a shit about getting Geralt do his quest. But then my friend got me into dota and we thought we will play together and have a swell time but that rarely happened and after burning 1.2k hours I deleted that shit too.

>Working full time on a salary better than like 85% of my age bracket
>Judo 2-3x per week
>Gym on most nights that I don't go to Judo
>Golf on sat or sun
>Reading old world philosophy when I get time
>Looking at apartments so I can finally move out of home
>Finally getting back into writing music in spare time

Meanwhile I'm pretty sure my ex is doing fuck all other than working, going home, cooking meals and going to sleep

>Comparing yourself to your ex and not your ex-self
Never gonna make it

>Taking loads of MDMA

Be careful dude. Easy path to feeling down all the time that you aren't on and becoming generally apathetic. You look like a bit of a retard when you're out and you go too hard as well.

Working full time and going to the gym/martial arts cured me. I honestly get like 2 hours from when I get home to when I go to bed at night and I spend that time browsing Veeky Forums or other bullshit to unwind. Cbf playing games anymore senpai.

Whelp fuck you got me. It's only been a month so it's pretty fresh. I'll get there.

>Studied in Germany for MSc
>Travelled a lot
>Got swole with some refugees
>Moved to DC to work at the NIH
>Study every day for MCAT for MD/PhD
>Lost gains during transition
>1/2/3/3 -> 0.5/1/1.5/1.5
>joined gym here

Looking good bros

Ease up. Its theraputic and life changing at first. Then it fucks your shit up.
I couldnt feel happy for 4 years. Now i cant stand the thought of ever touching any drug again, not even weed.
I really did a number on myself in my teens.

trying to get my bachelor in Computer Science, but it's going poorly. I like the subject and it does get me exctied, also it will land me a good job eventually, but I still slack off 90% of the time I should be studying..

It's been two years of trying to get my shit together, slacking off, regret, anger at myself - it a vicious cycle I can't seem to get out of..

>It's been two years of trying to get my shit together, slacking off, regret, anger at myself - it a vicious cycle I can't seem to get out of..

I feel you user, sounds exactly like my predicament. I don't know what else to say, I hope we can both break out of this cycle of laziness and lack of motivation.

Need to find the motivation.

Due to work, I have to wake up at 5-6am every day to study.

I say to myself, "if you want to get into xyz grad school, you have to do this"
There's always someone out there who is out performing you, so motivate yourself to not let them get ahead of you.
But, you have to find your motivator. A fancy grad school is mine, but it may just as well be a paycheck, job, or lifestyle for someone else.

So you can actually make some progress.

>Budgeting time
eisenhower.me/eisenhower-matrix/

That's generally good advice, but honestly I think motivation is a bit overrated. The thing you have is goal, which is important to keep in mind, but to get shit done discipline will always beat motivation.

Motivation is making yourself feel like doing it.
Discipline is doing it even if you don't want to.

Setting yourself a schedule is following it is very hard, but once you do it, the progress you make and gratification you feel will actually get you motivated.

Spaced repetition studying, use anki for mobile phone, i use it for medschool but it is more optimized for learning another language

this

Having a daily schedule where you study/work on assignments daily, even if there are no imminent due dates, is what helped me turn my undergrad around. Just make it a habit to go to the library or whatever for at least a couple hours per day. You'll get shit done early and your exam performance will increase, while your studying will be less stressful, AND you'll have more free time come finals, etc.

Why are you guys so obsessed with learning languages? It's so arbitrary. Never understood it.

>Going to College
>Learning "aesthetics" and how to look good
>Learning a little bit of finance/investment
>Learning and investing in Ethereum (cryptocurrency) so i'll have a nice good pile of cash when I get out of college
>Have a pupper now
>Have a gun now
>Have a Sportbike
>Learning about fashion and adopting new wardrobes

underrated

Every single computer science student I know is like this, except the ones from developing countries who knows how it feels to have no clean drinking water

My advice is to turn programming into a hobby, treat it like Vidya

This.

I did this for my most recent semester. Everyone around me was pulling all nighters, stressing and generally hating life and themselves around the exam period, whereas I was having time to train 4 times a week, sleep late and see friends. Even took days off.

It's about learning the content solidly, then revising it, then revising it again, and by the time exams roll around, you're looking for work to do cause you've already done it. And I'm not doing some Mickey mouse degree I'm doing physics at a respected school.

That's great, good luck man.

I don't remember the exact science behind it, but basically learning new language stimulates a part of your brain that usually get neglected after childhood. It keeps your brain fresh and active, which will benefit your life in more ways than you can imagine.

Also it's practical. IDK but in USA it seems the variety in languages is pretty low, English, then Spanish is far second, and few others that take up small percentage. While in Western Europe we have lots of relatively small small countries that have their own language and cultures. Borders are nearly non-existant, so we have a large mixed pool of different nationalities living closely together.
Sure English is considered an international language by now, but some countries will make it harder to settle in and get a job without knowing the native language.

Then there's social status angle - I can't help but always get impressed by people who can speak 5 or more languages, and I know other people(and girls) think the same.

Duolingo is OK for basic shit, but don't think that it's the only thing you have to use. find some easy reading material, learn how to make your own Anki cards, listen to a bunch of podcasts in the language every day. once you get past beginner Duolingo is a meme

>tfw i only have like 6 days to learn 200 pages script

Is it possible?

sounds easy as fuck tbqh

listening to music in that language, audiobooks too. until you fall asleep

Seriously?
The slides are quite packed at times and almost all of the things are just shit that i have to remember, almost no logic in there.

I hate myself. Lifting is the only real thing I do besides work eat shit piss and sleep.

>recently started learning how to build PCs
>write some poetry
>trynna finish college and take a second degree
>been reading some philosophy and getting better at socializing though am still socially awkward at most
>been hanging with thinn qt from the gym who wants to get thicc often on weekends

>speaking german in public was illegal
why

These breakup feelings really don't help me doing well this semester, fuck.

I treated her so well lads ...

I became fluent in english by watching amerifat movies.

>>recently started learning how to build PCs
How do I start with this?

my buddy's studying computer engineering and we're housemates so we just taught each other stuff
taught him about getting fit while he teaches me how to build PC and sometimes programming

Wait, this stuff is taught in CmpE courses?
Also what's your major

>why
WW1 and to a lesser extent, WW2, but anti-german sentiment was pretty high in that time

Comsci(kek i know) which is focused more on programming and occassionally networking than building PC

I am man, I finally am. It's hard though. Even though I'm a super privileged white boy or whatever, it's fucking hard. Sometimes I wish I could just end it all. I could never do that though, because I know that life is a gift, and I don't want to hurt anyone.

My study permit was refused, for reasons that I don't really understand yet. I will re-apply though.

In the meantime I'm going to work and learn how to program.

The hardest part is disappointing my parents. It's hard telling them bad news when you know it's going to hurt them. I swear though, I'm trying to make it so that I never have to give them bad news ever again. That's #goals

Oh yea, I should probably start lifting again at some point. Tonight.

Thank you for still being here Veeky Forums. Talk to me if you want. I'll check this thread again later.

We're all gonna make it

you didnt have gains to begin with

Kek

For good use of easy music theory in production check out busyworksbeats on YouTube, it's helped me a fuckload

Shut up cunt

How so? I'm learning Mandarin myself

>playing golf, pool, and riding bmx to stay active
>reading the harvard classics
>took care of an outstanding warrant
>got my GED and CRC
>1 month pot free tomorrow
>went down to a temp agency the other day just waiting on the call and drug test now
Still having an existential crisis as to whether it's all worth it and what my end goal could possibly be but for the time being I feel great