Convince me to eat meat again

Been vegan for a year now mainly due to ethical reasons.. however i've started wondering recently whether im a cuck missing out on some glorious gains, maybe it's time to revert.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ueqDkY3aNAY
cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cooked-meats-fact-sheet
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3942738/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24587071
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4512604/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good point. Time to start eating dog, too.

Omfg user. Going vegan is literally making up problems because you're a priviliged white nu-male that doesn't have any real problems. Nobody respects you if you're vegan, not even animals.

i eat both

No fag, do whatever the fuck uou want, literally noone cares. That goes for ur vegan bitchfrkends too: noone fucking cares.

Dog is not that tasty, it's quite gamey. Must because they run around a lot. In any case, I could never understand why people are so hung up about animals you can or cannot eat.

I mean you can eat lion meat too.

an animal was killed regardless of you eating it. if no one eats the animal it's death would be a waste. the consumption of an animal should be a sign of respect for the lost life, the animal was killed so that you would become stronger in it's place. in closing, just eat meat you pussy.

m8, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what being vegetarian is for.

If less people are eating meat, then the market for meat will shrink. If the market shrinks because there is less demand, then less animals will be killed in the future to meet that demand.

They abstain from meat to lower the demand, thus lowering how much meat (read: animals for slaughter) are produced and sold.

I can respect that

I don't know if this is b8 but in any case it's a pretty important subject for me so I'll weigh in.

>inb4 hippy vegan
No I'm not. I also worked a year slaughtering animals (chicken, quail, rabbit, duck, guinea fowl) when I was 16, so I've seen it first hand. I think its pretty hypocritical to stuff your face full of meat when you haven't killed/can't kill anything yourself.

You can eat vegetarian most of the time with an occasional piece of fish, beef, chicken, whatever. That's what I do, I just try and get meat from reputable sources. Fish I mostly catch myself, and I'll hopefully be getting myself a hunting license soon. Otherwise I pick up some salmon/tuna from a brand that I looked into and they catch wild fish responsibly, or meat from a group of local farms that seem to do things well.

I think most people are eating way more meat than is necessary. This obsession of beef/bacon/cheese everything is retarded. Same thing here with guys eating 4 chicken breasts a day, or 2 lbs of ground beef. Fucking ease off it man, bake some taters and eat some beans.

If dogs were tasty I'd eat them too. I eat meat because I like the way that it tastes.

>an animal was killed regardless of you eating it. if no one eats the animal it's death would be a waste.

How would it be a waste? You eating something's body isn't what gives it worth.

Oh yeah addendum: its also a super easy way to get dat dere preotein

i prefer not to eat my friends, but if i needed to i could eat dog

the same way organs left in a human body post death would be wasted if they weren't used to help someone survive

Dogs are tasty though, just go to Asia

Could you kill and break down the animal yourself in good conscience?
I've butchered chickens, turkeys and even goats and never gave it second thought because they died to nourish my family and myself and I felt grateful for that. It is simply their place in the food chain and I know I provided them with a happy life until their harvest.

I could not kill and eat a dog in good conscience so I don't do it, they are much more useful alive anyway.

It's a false equivalency and totes that "holier than thou" bullshit.

Simply put, if you feel as though you can't kill the animal yourself, maybe you shouldn't eat it.

I don't have a problem with eating meat, but I try to limit how much meat and fish I consume. Among other things, it's a lot cheaper to avoid meat and fish.

dubs confirm they are bretty good

Not the same way at all. You're talking about eating something out of respect, as if a human not eating it means nothing ate it, and it somehow disappears from existence unexplainably. Should we start eating other humans for the same reason?

human meat is much more likely to give us diseases.

Could I convince you to not let your dreams be dreams OP?

But don't you want to respect your mother's life?! If you don't eat her, her body is a waste! Let's atleast make furniture from her skin!

Because predatory/scavenger animals almost always taste bad and prey/grazing animals almost always taste good. Fish have numerous exceptions to both.

Also, dogs are smart and relateable to humans. They were the first domesticated animal for a reason. Cows are very, very stupid. It is natural for a predatory animal like a human to eat a prey animal like a cow. You will also notice that in nature most predators don't eat other predators. There isn't enought nutrition to make it worthwile and they aren't worth the fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=ueqDkY3aNAY

I'LL DO IT

Don't eat meat you fucking idiot. Your body will hate you after years of adjusting to your plant based diet. Keep eating those beans and be happy

I've been around cows a lot and they don't seem any dumber than other animals.

I don't like to arbitrarily decide what forms of life are off limits for my diet. Only exception is human because that's literally degenerate.

They're not any dumber than other animls I eat. They are certainly dumber than dogs or wolves or bears or dolphins or whales etc. This could be a long list. I mean fuck, they're significantly dumber than pigs.

cost outweights the benefit in the scenario you're presenting. Human leather would be a lot more expensive to manufacture.

It doesn't even have to be farmed since people live and die regardless. Why don't we make something out of grandma's corpse when she dies? If we don't, her body will just mysteriously disappear without benefiting anything

I went vegan for two years and it was the cleanest my body ever felt. Girls were attracted to how calm i was. Def cause i was vegan. Besides eggs, milk and fish.. and turkey/ chicken. Had rock hard erections too

honestly that could be a nice way to honor the dead, like use their bones to make some nice ivory stuff or whatever

>he doesn't go to Korea and eat dog specifically bred for eating, just like cows are specifically bred for eating

I never understood this meme. Asians have no problems eating whatever.

>we can't let all these animals suffer and be killed

But every animal that has ever lived has suffered and died. I don't think it being at the hands of humans is relevant at all

I'LL DO IT

>tfw vegetarian for financial reasons

Who says I'd only eat one? If necessary, I'll eat whatever is required to continue my existence.

You are telling me you don't want increased risk of heart disease and cancer op? ARE YOU CRAZY FOR NOT WANTING YOUR CHEST SAWED AND PREYED OPEN FOR A CORONARY BYPASS?

Good reasoning. Nobody should care about anyone or anything.

Cancer from red meats only correlatives to how they're cooked. Read --> cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cooked-meats-fact-sheet

Don't overcook or smoke your meat and you'll be fine.

I'LL DO IT

we eat meat because we are omnivores. we are atop the chain. even animals understand the difference between superiority and cruelty. when my kitty comes home and brings me dead birds as a gift, its because he acknowledges that humans eat meat.

That link doesn't say that at all. It only talks about one of several things in cooked meat that contributes to cancer, not that it's the only thing.

>if you feel as though you can't kill the animal yourself, maybe you shouldn't eat it.

I don't think I've been in more agreement with a statement in a couple months.

>I think its pretty hypocritical to stuff your face full of meat when you haven't killed/can't kill anything yourself.

What about the clothes you wear on your back? They were made by little kids working in sweatshops whose lives will be literal hell for 40+ years which is quite worse than an animal who dies within 3. Plus the human actually has the brainpower to understand suffering. Sounds like you're being a little picky with your elitism

KEK
U
C
K

Pigs are smarter than dogs, but trying to come up with a logical reason why we don't eat dogs is futile because it's emotionally driven. We like dogs

>I think its pretty hypocritical to stuff your face full of meat when you haven't killed/can't kill anything yourself.

It's good that you think so. It's where all vegans fall flat when trying their perverted ethical approach, since I have slaugheterd and eaten animals which I have delivered, raised and cared about.

I hate to be the one who breaks this to you, but here goes.

As developing areas like China, India and South America experience a growth in middle class citizens, a greater number of people (world wide) will begin to eat meat, as they can now afford it and don't have to rely on vegetable/grain/starch based diets.

In China particularly, this process has already begun - evidence of this being their increase in average height due to better nutrition.

The problem for vegetarians and their cause is the fact that these countries rely on those nations with established meat industries to supply their growing middle classes. For example, over a 1/3 of Australia's beef is exported to high-end kitchens in Asia.

If anything, the meat industry is growing - despite the retarded efforts of vegetarians who know so little about the industry they despise.

Pay for good grass feed beef. Eat that 1-3 times a week, eat as you do normally the other days, enjoy a long and healthy life.

>cared about
>slaughtered and eaten

China and India are enjoying record high diabetes rates as more meat enters their diets too.

sure, be an ignorant bitch and blame meat which is unrelated to diabetes instead of the logical move towards high sugar processed foods....sterilize yourself

Phaggots good luck with your cancer goals of 2017 and beyond

Nope, that's to do with children being introduced to aggressively marketed, high-sugar foods associated with luxury. Companies like Coca Cola, McDonalds, etc. are trying to capitalise on the emergent middle classes of developing nations, just like the meat industry. Parents who were raised in less fortunate times don't yet understand the implications of an unregulated diet, so their children are suffering the consequences.

It was pretty cool how you avoided the main point and spat out another vegetarian myth, I guess.

This end thread/

Also theres been reports of country chinese men being taller and stronger thanks to a meat diet. Country men are going into lu mode

I hope all you overly proud meat eaters, who feel some sort of accomplishment buying a wrapped up steak from a store, get literally eaten by a tiger

The only worth animals have is the one we assign to them.

You aren't missing out on glorious gains if your diet is literally perfect.

Meat has the amino acid chains that are closest to what humans need for the gainz. Technically, human flesh would give you the best amino acid profile but that's beside the point...

Eating a plant-based diet is healthiest for you. But meat is yummy and is a guaranteed source of high quality protein that meshes well with our bodies

>this was back when you could just throw rocks at annoying people till they shut the fuck up.

>meat which is unrelated to diabetes

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3942738/

One is an animal specifically bred over thousands of years for the purpose of being loyal and friendly towards humans, and acting as guardians/guards when needed.
A cow is a semi-intelligent animal bred for the purpose of feeding the population, is quite temperamental, and absolutely unpredictable when compared to a dog.
They are also far harder to defend again when throwing a tantrum, and make for a variety of delicious dishes and is a staple for some populations in the world.

TL;DR fuck cows, they're tasty and stupid compared to dogs who are bros

>chinese are taller now because they have good nutritous meaty diets
>but also they've got a diabetes epidemic because they have poor processed diets

???

Are you actually retarded? Do you also wonder why Europeans and Americans tend to be physically larger than those from developing nations, yet carry a higher risk of obesity, heart disease, etc.? Think before you post, perhaps then you'll look like less of an idiot - or, better yet, perhaps you won't validate as many vegetarian/vegan stereotypes.

you have to beat the dog to death to make the meat bloody, tastes better that way

Actually I have a 350lb gran about to die of heart failure, we can make many fine suits from her loose skin if anyone's up for it?

>genetics aren't a thing

Aaand missing the more important point which is the high sugar shit being shoveled in China nowadays.

>Height has increased steadily in most first world countries

>Risk of weight related diseases has also increased

>¿???????¿

Veganism doesn't exist in the first world. Some form of animal products or are are so ubiquitous in everything from building materials to cosmetics to pharmaceuticals that you ARE using at least some of them, period.

as well as meat

>meat, which is more expensive - yet is also far more available than before - somehow happens to be consumed less than high-sugar products.

Who will solve this question of the ages???

>You can force a child to work in a coal mine, only feed it coffee grounds and egg shells, and administer regular beatings for underperformance, but genetics will always prevail! The child, if genetically predisposed, must always become 6'4" - regardless of upbringing!

You're straight-up retarded. Do you get confused when people leave the room? Do you wonder where they go?

Please respond to the main point behind:

Thanks.

I've decided to go vegetarian for 3 months, I'm 3 days in and it's smooth so far, don't feel quite as full as usual after meals but my macros are on point.

Got any tips for a newcomer? And I don't give a fuck about the animals and moral side of shit I just like trying out different diets.

>3 days in

Do it for 3 months please before posting about it. So many diet threads are people who do it for under a week and feel special and then list a million benefits of it, despite only doing it for a negligible time.

Here you go: your physical performance is more important than your stupid hippie feelings. Stop feeling them, rep out 405 instead.

I did keto for 9 months in 2016 I stick to diets buddy, I was asking for tips that might help a rookie out. It's not like this is a challenging diet, just make some fucking chili with more beans and less meat.

Okay so first i'll give you my point of view as an animal lover.
Not eating meat doesn't make that animal not die in a torturous way, but sourcing your meat from good farms that treat their animals humanely until they're eaten will help ensure in the future animals that are farmed aren't living in singular stalls the entirety of their own life being pumped full of hormones. That's how I see it.

You not eating meat will not save the environment. At this point in time, agriculture as a whole (both farming and raising livestock) are harmful to the planet. Yes animal farming is worse but vegan and vegetarian diets are terrible for the soil. The high demand means poor crop rotation. I don't know a lot about plants but my husband is a plant science major and has explained it to me before and it made sense when he said it since he knows what he's talking about.
At this point in time, it isn't helping or hurting to have either diet because they both do their own kind of harm.

If you want to eat more naturally, try to eat meat more similar to what we would've eaten in nature (So instead of beef, go for bison, or game meats like venison. I personally can't stomach the smell but my husband eats bison because he can't digest beef. Pork is another to avoid).

I suggest either keto or a paleo diet if that kind of thing interests you at all, both are more closely based on pre-agricultural human diets.

Not to mention the fact that meat is absolutely delicious and can be good for you if you don't eat certain meats in excess (like beef).

Just be aware user, your body may have lost the enzyme needed to digest meat so you might be in for a transitionary period where eating meat makes you feel sick. It doesn't mean being vegan is better. My proof: Look up the girl who can only eat chicken nuggets because it's all she's eaten for 18 years. She literally can't digest anything other than chicken at this point.

Just power through it, don't eat too much of it at once.

Vegetarian + poultry is god tier

I'LL DO IT!

Not that guy, but the other possible contributing factors aren't supported by hard evidence as of now.

you not eating meat won't stop it from happening, besides, plants are living things, too, it's kind of worse to be vegan, both for your body, and that you push a hypocritical stance of not eating living things, the difference is you're eating living things that you've been convinced aren't alive.

being an Omnivore is the only thing that's really fair in this food chain on earth.

It's just fuckin' tasty too.

We're all going to die. It doesn't matter. Just fuckin' enjoy it man

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

Please read the study and its flaws. I dislike meta analysis papers quite a lot, as does my supervisor.

Here:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24587071 LEAN fish intake associated with lower incidence of T2DM.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4512604/
Meat consumption ,particuarily processed DOES increase incidence of T2DM

BUT, if you read it properly and it is even stated in the conclusion, not just the results, that very lean meat is NOT associated with type 2 diabetes. The same can be found for the other papers in your cited paper which controlled for fat and did include low fat meats.

The point is clear: It's fat that's the culprit. Vegetrian diets tend to be low in saturated fats for obvious reasons and high in PUFAs.

Therefore, eat lean meats, more lean fish, get your PUFAs from nuts & fish oil and you will not risk diabetes at all. Therefore; meat is not entirely related to diabetes. It's only fatty meat that's related to it.

plz learn to read papers and search better, it's a basic skill even undergrads have.

Again back to this, for OP. Eating meat isn't going to hurt your health assuming it's lean meat.

Now whether it's ethical or not is another question, if you are happy doing what you are doing for your own reasons then go for it. I personally love meat, as much as I hate mistreatment of animals. But as a geneticist that grew up with parents who were farmers before going into their business, I also have been dulled to seeing animals killed and know how they can be so easily reproduced.

But you will likely be missing out on some gains being vegan, be a vegetarian. Eat free-range eggs, drink milk and drink whey. Then you'll make gains.

Nah, it's good for you and the planet and animals. Seriously stay on a vegan diet maybe just pay more attention to protein consumption.

You have to be eating a bunch of red meat consistently for that shit. Anglos just need to stop stuffing their faces with bacon and eggs every fucking morning.

I'LL DO IT

Idgaf what you want or don't want to eat OP and I ain't convincing nobody.

do it
society sells this idea that you have to be somehow 'justified' in everything you do when the truth is you just have to be able to do it
is a volcano justified when it erupts and fries a village? is the ebola virus justified?
justified is a silly meme

Just eat fish for morals bro. While plants and animals feel pain and suffering when killed (especially plants who are still alive while you eat them) fish experience pain in a more "oh shit, get out before i get killed way" rather than a /torturous scream/ kind of way.

I don't actually feel great about that sweatshop point, there just aren't a ton of other options as far as I know. I started buying most of my clothes used though. The whole textile industry is pretty bad though, but it'll never change since everyone needs to be on fleek and we love spending money. I'd be willing to buy Canadian made stuff, I just don't know any companies.

Pretty sure animals understand suffering too. Their behaviour changes a lot if they've been abused.

Bones aren't the same as ivory at all

Almost thought this wasn't b8.

>You eating something's body isn't what gives it worth.

Do you not understand what domestication is? Modern cows, chickens, and pigs literally only exist as species because of the food they provide for us. They do not exist in the wild except feral animals whose ancestors have escaped