ACNE

How do you guys keep your skin and face acne free?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BMnparqmJ5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Visiting a dermatologist

I honestly don't know.

In my teens I had pimples on my face all the time.

Now in my late 20s it seems like all those pimples transferred from my face to my back. Face is clear all the time now, but back seems to never not have pimples occurring.

Fucking random. Literally changed nothing about my lifestyle.

Wash your face twice a day with mild soap.
Change your pillow case often.
Moisturize.

That'll take care of like 80% of it unless you have fucked up hormones.

By not being nasty and greasy

Forgot to mention, make sure the moisturizer is oil free and non-comedogenic

What will get rid of this
I use E45 cream daily

dont touch your face and stay away from greasy food

ask ur doctor to perscribe Minocycline. i take it everyday and make me never have acne

is that a T blocker?

This shit never worked for me.
good advice

If I feel my skin is oily an any time of the day, I'll use warm/hot water and rinse my face and moisturize after.

cold showers, nofap

Stop eating dairy and processed sugar, seriously. I had pretty bad acne and 2 months with strict diary and processed crap off and my skin hasn't been like this for years. I do follow a decent skin care routine though but before the diet change It did nothing.
If you are desperate go full paleo, if you are not, cut the processed crap like sodas and cookies, then dairy, then fried food, etc. See what you can and cannot eat.

On a keto run figured out I had celiac disease. Dropped gluten containing foods and saw ~80% reduction in acne within 2 weeks. Now I only get a little bit, flares up if I eat something contaminated.

It's worth looking I guess. I'd never heard of celiac until a year or so before I tried a keto diet, always thought it was bullshit but then I stopped getting the shits all the time and started gaining weight.

Basically, anything that causes inflammation will exacerbate acne.

>acne in highschool would go away in a couple of weeks
>acne as an adult lasts a month or more
has this happened to anyone else?

Should you moisturize at night? Google gives mixed results, I also use a cleanser.

Said fuck it and started getting actuane from a steroid source. 2 weeks in already clearing up nicely

never had it in high school, still don't. kek.

Night is when I moisturize more heavily because I don't have to worry about my face being shiny or oily from over using it. You might have to change your pillow case more often though.

Use whatever cream my dermatologist gave me and vitamin B3 + zinc.

You have to understand acne first to understand how to prevent it.

The hair follicles, or pores, in your skin contain sebaceous glands (also called oil glands). These glands make sebum, which is an oil that lubricates your hair and skin. Most of the time, the sebaceous glands make the right amount of sebum. As the body begins to mature and develop, though, hormones stimulate the sebaceous glands to make more sebum.

Pores become clogged if there is too much sebum and too many dead skin cells. Bacteria (especially one called Propionibacterium acnes) can then get trapped inside the pores and multiply. This causes swelling and redness — the start of acne.

So whatever you are doing with your body, it is resulting in excess sebum production.

Start there

I had cystic acne all throughout high school, tried all kinds of products and nothing worked. One day in 2012 some user on /fit told me to always sleep with a clean towel over my pillow/part of the bed i rest my face on and i shit you not my face has been clear ever since then. If you sleep on your side or on your stomach with your face against the pillow or sheets, this is probably one of the sources of your acne. Some random guy on Veeky Forums literally changed my life by taking me from a 5/10 to a 7.5/10 just by sleeping with my face on a clean towel every night.

you're supposed to be getting blood tests while taking accutane so you don't die

I know [le]ddit is frowned upon here but the skincareaddiction sub is a really good resource.

I had shit acne all over my face for a long time until i started a skin routeine. I started using a specific facewash (I use cerave but that works for me and might not work for you). Also AHA which is a chemical exfoliant. AHA might not work for you, you can get sample packs from places to try it out before you drop $$$ on it

Also a moisturiser is really good for you (unless it has shit additives which might cause your skin to flare up) because it provides a protective barrier from shit getting in your skin. It won't look shiny unless you're a retard and rub vaseline on your face.

>pic related, master tier cream

Would a clean shirt work too?

A face peel might work if it's scarring

I suppose, the point is your face should never be touching something dirty throughout the night. A clean pillowcase is recommended by many but I as a stomach sleeper sometimes just lay my head right against the sheets without a pillow so I have a towel draped over my pillow and then also hanging off the edge of the bed so even when I move my face off my pillow im still in contact with the clean towel.

I had moderate acne in high school, but around 21 I started to develop cystic acne.
I recently got sick of waiting for it to go away by itself so I've been using a salicylic acid cleanser or exfoliator, retinol and then moisterize with cetaphil.
I sleep on my back and still get acne but so far this combo has been working well.

how can you sleep on a towel? shits so uncomfortable to me

>tfw 25 and still have acne

You can do a clean pillowcase every night too you'll just probably have to buy a lot more pillowcases so you always have clean ones. I happen to already have plenty of towels and like i said earlier i can also drape the towel off the edge of the bed for when ive got my face pressed against the bed sheets without a pillow so it's just easier for me. Again, the underlying point is that you don't want to press your face against something that you're body has been secreting oil/other shit onto every night. You could even just train yourself to be a back sleeper and make sure your face is clean before bed every night too but I personally can't sleep on my back.

like that thing from the beginning of american psycho?

I know that
Im taking low dose just for a few months

Solid advice.

I can't live without dairy though.
I use it for my protein shakes
Is dairy that bad? I'm not lactose intolerant

Or just do two days. You can flip the pillow.

Protip: use old/unwanted shirts as pillowcases for unlimited supply of fresh pillowcases

youtube.com/watch?v=BMnparqmJ5I

fyi don't use a towel, it absorbs too much moisture from your skin. just use a different pillowcase every night or a tshirt or something.

either that or sleep on your back.

change your pillow case regularly
drink so much water
don't touch your face
DO NOT FUCKING FUCK WITH YOUR ZITS AND CYSTS LEAVE THEM THE FUCK ALONE they will hang around and cause worse scarring if u pop them (i learned the hard way)
and see a fucking derm

also some people have success (myself included) eliminating as much dairy as possible from your diet, i fucking love whole milk and cheese but i always break out the days following even just a glass of milk, this is anecdotal evidence so take it however you want

Peanuts and chocolate (each) are a huge acne trigger for me. I find that every time I eat any, the next day my acne is notably worse.

been using a towel for 5 years now and my skin is 100% clear. Still have some mild scarring on the right side of my face (the side i sleep on) but zero acne.

It's a tetracycline class oral antibiotic
>what is Google

It has inflammatory properties that can exacerbate acne.

-

What I do:
Put a fresh towel on my pillow every night
Take a Minocycline pill
Wash my face with a prescription face wash that has sulfur and sulfacetimide in it
Moisturize
Use a prescription topical retinoid cream at night
Use a prescription topical antibiotic cream in the morning
Get a glycolic acid peel once a month to help treat scarring and hyperpigmentation

This but I also splash my face with water every now and again.

Its nothing you can do from the outside about that, for example wash, dont touch your face, etc...
Just dont eat shit!
Go for 1 Month raw vegan and your face will be cleared.

Took accutane in high school before I started lifting. Face forever clear but still got spots on back.

My face was like OP pic for years, then acne just disappeared when I started changing my pillowcases few times a week.. That was it. A shower a day and clean pillowcases.

Ask your boyfriend, they usually have a skincare/haircare thread up like

or have a balanced diet with no refined or processed and sugary foods and not by into the retard meme that is vegan dribble

Acne is a medical problem with roots in your genes, diet, and hygiene habits. I had awful acne for five - six years even after trying a general antibiotic (tetracycline, then doxycycline) from my general doctor. I was sick of it and decided to close the book on all the broscience cures like

>no dairy
>sleep with a towel over your pillow
>don't use conditioner
>soap 2x/day, rinse, acne wash + face peel, cold showers

and all the other crap you read on this anonymous malysian pokemon trading imageboard and others. Do you really think everyone with perfect skin does all that nonsense? I went straight to a dermatologist who prescribed a six month course of accutane and my face is perfectly clear except for some residual scars

If you're female make sure to not get pregnant while on accutane, it's as bad as thalidomide for your fetus. All the hoo-hah about accutane leading to depression and suicidial thoughts is bias since only the most acne-ridden teens take the drug and those are the ones likely to kill themselves

Seriously see a dermatologist if it's bothering your life in any significant way instead of shitposting online

This
I've been monkeying around with my acne for 4 years and I'm just now getting rid of it. It all depends on your skin type.
I tried everything, from fragrence-free detergent to 2 prescriptions and 2 types of body wash all at the same time.
What finally worked? Drinking more water. If I would have known that my skin would have responded to water that well 4 years ago, I would have a lot more confidence
pic almost related

>>soap 2x/day, rinse, acne wash + face peel, cold showers
This isn't broscience
Washing your face twice a day prevents the formation of comedones. "Acne" face wash, if you look into how the different active ingredients work, is also more of a preventative measure. Face peels, especially glycolic ones, are good for treating minor scars and pigment issues. Cold water causes your pores to decrease in size, but It's a temporary thing, so there's only some truth behind it.

But you're right, accutane is almost always the end all be all for most people.

i thought he wanted a shortcut.
A balanced diet is good but why promote and Support the meat industry, that is doing only harm...
well i dont want to turn it to a Vegan/Raw/Meat discussion. A balanced healthy diet without refined or processed and sugary foods is good

I went to a dermatologist and he gave me some pills (i forgot what it was called, its been 8-10 years ago since), the pills worked great only had to us the pills over the summer so it was perfect timing before going into my junior year, he also gave me some cetaphil soap and I use cetaphil cleanser twice a day. Thats how I keep my face acne free. You can also drink apple juice to help with your skin during the process.

I have always had terrible assne. Like really bad since I was young. Rest of my skin is fine - it's just the ass.

In the last year I managed to get it under control by following some dermatological theory. I simply have an excess of sebum producing glands on my ass and they get clogged easily.

Twice a day rest a hot wet cloth on the area to open the pores, then rub the area with oil free spot wash, then wipe the area down. It's important that you wipe down to actually carry sebum off the skin and don't wash in circles which would just rub it back in again.

Ensure that your underwear is washed on a hot cycle and was your bedsheets at least every two weeks.

That should handle 80% of it.

This.

>why promote and Support the meat industry, that is doing only harm...
>i dont want to turn it to a Vegan/Raw/Meat discussion

take the trip off, and examine your life choices that have led to this poor decision.

thank you for the advice.
Examination fulfilled, took best choice there is.

Examinate yours my friend, you may be wrong.

Seriously see a doctor and get pills.

OP, it is important to realise that every individual has different skin qualities. It ranges from excessively dry skin to excessively oily skin and there are many inbetweens. It would be better to go to a dermitologist and determine what you have. Then u can do ur research from there on how to best treat it. (Cleaning, not necissarily taking prescripts)
Also obviosly diet plays a role as well as hygien practices.
Good luck!