Left = 24 years old, 150 pounds

Left = 24 years old, 150 pounds.

Right = 29 years old, 180 pounds.

Why is there such a minimal difference, despite 30+ pound gain, and what appears to be slightly less bodyfat (judging off size of waist)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4X2DFfaTvjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Simple. Your diet has been shit and you aren't putting the work in. Can't cheat being natty with trying to get a physique and cut fat.

theres muscle there you just need to cut

Thank you op, you have made me realize i must be my best 100% as if i half ass it ill be like you. 5 years later and you got slightly bigger. Maybe you should have noticed you werent doing something right when people can be fit in half that time according to there befor and after pics. You are an inspiration to us all.

I wouldn't say the difference is minimal. It's not huge but it's solid. Just cut a bit. Also dude... work your traps every once in awhile they're lagging behind.

yeah his traps are seriously small

How has it been shit exactly? I gained 30 pounds, and my body-fat went down slightly. What else was I supposed to do? magically lose more body-fat while gaining muscle for years on end? I don't understand.

Also, I am only 5'7 (171cm). I am pretty sure natural bodybuilders at this height only compete at like 150lbs range.

Pic related: GH15 made this "guide" on what natties should weight for their height at stage-competition. He has 5'7 as being stage-shredded at max limit of 151 pounds.

What are your lifting stats, OP? How long have got been lifting for? Is this time frame consistent with no long (more than a month) breaks?

Don't ignore this post.

Yeah I do shrugs 5-7 times a week now. (home gym)

mine wanna add in some cleans and rows are great too.

4.5 years.

bench 247.5 @3x8
squat 341 @3x8
chins BW+44 @3x8
press 165 @3x8
deadlifts 425 @1x8

I don't do anything

Everyone has a different body and body type with different metabolism rates. You need to figure out yours and see what works for you. Mine is extremely fast, so I need to eat at least a 500 calorie surplus (outside of what I am comfortable eating) to maintain weight. Gaining weight is even harder but all of that can be changed based on intensity and workout time.

To lose weight: up the intensity, throw some cardio in, and take a serious look at your diet. Are you constantly hungry? Are you not hungry and feeling full? People who cut are mostly always hungry. Also make sure to drink at least a gallon of water per day. Drinking before meals helps kill the hunger a bit so you will eat less.

There's a science behind bodybuilding and when you come to a place to bitch about your weight gain and minimal muscle gains, you'll soon realize it has been your fault all along.

fuck i've been lifting longer and I don't come close to those numbers.

fuck

You have an ugly body

Your strength is fine, imo, but you should start increasing reps if you're looking for noticeable size difference now. work up to sets of 12 brah, I guarantee you'll start to fill out soon.

>be me not p
>start lifting at 18
>120lbs - 175Lbs in 8 years
>strength is shit
>can't get passed 175lbs
>"eat more" -fit
>"rep range" -fit
>gain fat
>strength increases
>lose fat

fuck man. I get triggered thinking about it. new year and new goals.

Your strength will decrease when you start to lose weight through cutting.

The delusional is real with this one.

Protip: You'll look average if you're natty no matter how strict your regiment is. But you're delusional and will probably quit before you even get to that point of realisation.

Well that's genetics for you.

>4.5 years

K-kilograms, right???

Disregard Just saw that it was 8 reps.

Still a little slow, but not irredeemable.

>2 years
>bp 215x1
>ohp 135x2
>sq 275x3
>dl 315x4
i spent a year dicking around and not keeping up on my diet.
am i doomed?

I have seen maybe 2 or 3 people at my gym deadlift 4 plates for reps and they were all like 300lbs.

I think people here overestimate the strength of 99.9% of lifters in the gym. Too much time on Veeky Forums and watching YouTube instead of actually going to a gym and lifting. Starting to think most people here are just roleplayers.

Noob gains wasted lel

You gotta quit for 1-2 years then come back and try again sorry buddy

k fag

You mad bro you fucking mad bro

Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin’ & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling

>minimal difference
Dude, your body went from / \ to \ /. I'd fug you as you are. Obviously maybe you have greater goals but to say there's a small difference is wrong. I think you're underestimating how bad you used to look and how good you look now.

By definition it isnt a surplus if you maintain weight

Dude it took me less than a year to go from 150 to 187, and my bodyfat is lower than yours
What the fuck have you been doing this whole time

this desu. So much delusion/warped reality when you spend time on either youtube, IG or fitness/bodybuilding forums. People legit forget what the bell curve actually is either by comparing to roiders/professional or believing e-stats..

OP you're strong as fuck if not e statting, probably top 5-10%. Track your calories religiously for 1-3 months with bi-weekly weigh ins and weekly measuring of chest/waist etc to see that actual changes. Adjust calories based on measurements/mass. Aim for 0.25kg/week of weight loss and you will look god tier to normies and solid as fuck to serious gym goers.

Also realise lighting/photoshop is rampant so don't compare yourself to IG/youtube.

I'm 5'7. How tall are you? Also post pic. I don't think it's even possible to gain 37 pounds of muscle in 1 year. Sounds like you might be a tall guy that was just extremely skinny before lifting? Also what age did you start? If you started when you were still growing all of your gains aren't from lifting etc.

Cutting now, no more bulking.

>he actually thinks he gained 37 lbs of pure muscle mass in 12 months

lol

Welcome to the world of e statting where everyone's "gains" are lean....... Check out some actual studies (Greg Nuckols is great for summaries) generally speaking, for natty, you can expect ~2-5kg lean gain a year. The dude you replied to is full of shit or in denial about the actual muscle change. All these heroes who "lean gain" 10-20kg a year are either full of shit, not natty (even then I'd honestly be suspect as fuck at that impressive a change lean) or gained a shit load of fat and their ego won't let them honestly appraise themselves. Note how none will ever have actual evidence it is lean gain from skin calipers, dexa, BIA etc.

>People here don't remember 5 years ago that OP used to post his before picture 5 times a day complaining about his starting base

lmao

I'm not gonna lie and say it's all muscle, that's pretty much impossible. Probably went from like 6% bf to 12%.
Oh, I didn't realize you were a manlet. Progress seems a little better then. Yeah, I'm 6'4" and began as a super skelly.

6%......................................

Holy fuck you are delusional mate, you were not and have never been 6% in your life,

Watch 2 mins of this to see what an ACTUAL MEASURED 6% looks like
youtube.com/watch?v=4X2DFfaTvjI

Check your legs before and after, they grow as motherfuckers

Auschwitz 6% looks totally different than bodybuilder 6%.
Anyway I looked close to pic related

I do. :-)