lichess.org/eKNYyBOd
lichess.org/XuFCQinA
en.lichess.org/team/fit
en.lichess.org/@/Lance5500
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck yes been waiting for this thread

>not using alpha alekhine defense
>uses pussy beta sicilian defense

What is your go to chess music playlist to get your concentration pumped, Veeky Forums?

it's

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

youtube.com/watch?v=zKN_pnzIM7k&t=712s

youtube.com/watch?v=B6Mi3fcVd4M

I just got home from the gym

please only come play if you are too intelligent to lose:

lichess.org/0cvlpbb0

I listen to Lose Yourself before tournament games. Also have had great results meditating before tournament games.

22xx USCF.

>not autistically throwing the board and pieces everywhere if you're forced to play black

>tfw love chess but am shit at it
how do i get gud?

Tactics.

Read books, play a lot, do the tactics / drills / puzzles on chess.com, and watch some youtube lectures. It's a field with incredible amounts of depth.

what reading/viewing/listening material would you recommend?

Post workout studying after an early morning session are god tier.

I'm getting pretty good at the tactics puzzles, but only because I KNOW they have a solution that leads to a definite advantage. In a real game I just freeze up and see all the pieces and have no idea what the fuck to do because I don't know if there's a "perfect move" like the puzzles or just a bunch of random shit.

I watched the chess network and Matojelic when I was a beginner.
I think they helped me improve tremendously.

Tactics just helped me with pattern recognition, seeing forks / pins / skewers or whatever in advance, both in my opponent's side or in my own, and also how to recognise and play lines of forced moves, even just a few moves deep to a better position

Who here /chessboxing/?

youtube.com/watch?v=pJk0p-98Xzc

Tobacco and a nice beer post workout is very relaxing.

youtube.com/watch?v=huSqq-akvOI

>that guy who shadow chesses between sets

Were you actively playing while learning? irl or online?

There's always a "perfect move" for a given position (after the opening). The puzzles are just showing you arbitrary positions that exemplify a certain tactic.

>tfw not good enough at chess to be a chessboxer

;_;

Learn it. Chessboxing is the only sport with the approval of French comic writers, The Wu Tang Clan and the Egyptian God Horus.

youtube.com/watch?v=Towyw2BGbqI

Wold master race. If you can't play chess to Wold you are weak. Condition your mind.

lichess.org/KruB4d8c

are you me

When I'm playing bullet I usually listen to some high bpm nightcore playlist chessbrah used once.
Just the other day I was thinking about why is there no chess general on any board, there are so many generals for retarded shit, but no one seems to care about chess. Can we make this a regular thread?

Chessbrah and John Bartolomew. They are GM and IM respectively. I mainly watch chessbrah for entertainment only. Bartolomew has some very entertaining and also some very good instructional videos.

Hi this is Jerry from chessnetwork and today...

lichess.org/JScZYd4K

Hi auw

just getting into chess

lichess tactics were stuck at 1300, watched an hour and a half of John Bartholomew videos, instantly 1400 lol

>sicilian in 2017
lmao

Sharpen your tactics is hands doen the best book when you are bad and it's still useful once you get good.

>not fucking qts raw and impregnation them like a man

Fucking nerd lmao

Since when is Veeky Forums into chess? Not that I'm complaining.

>not working out the muscle of the mind
lichess.org/eKNYyBOd

My father forced me into a chess club when I was 5 years old until I was 11 or so, so I know a good deal. I've just not been on Veeky Forums for a couple of years and I was surprised you guys took this up.

I watch based Croat Mato Jelic videos on the bike after workouts

>Hi this is Mato, welcome to my online chess lecture. In this video I will show you a game between...

>not having control over that portion of the biological imperative
Sex is beneath me you fucking animal

>tfw going to Veeky Forumschess and there is a new thread
this is a good feel

come on then, whoever is white has to open with a4

lichess.org/XuFCQinA

I made a team on lichess for Veeky Forums:

en.lichess.org/team/fit

It's gonna be like all those chess films with minority kids from the ghetto going to the world championships, except it will be a bunch of dyel's from Veeky Forums spouting memes and taking sips at the board.

>tfw broke 1900 in bullet
>still at 1600 for blitz
>not patient enough for anything else now
>don't really like to study books

This guy has the comfiest fucking voice.

I joined. Dis gon be gud

Similar position for me, broke 1900 for classical, still stuck mid 1600's for blitz.

I did manage to go over 1900 in training though recently. Had to force myself to actually calculate further instead of just throwing moves on the board that look interesting.

You're in

I do the same as you used to in tactics trainer. I love the game but for some reason I'm just not interested enough to really dive into positions. I prefer being sneaky in Blitz.

Only in the last few weeks have I actually started looking at openings and various lines, I spent all of my time on tactics and strategy because it's more fun. Noticed in league games though it would help if I knew some lines better so I don't have to calculate so much in opening.

if anyone is looking for great chess coaching on Lichess message Lance5500, notice how he wins all of the blitz tournaments and is rated over 2700! en.lichess.org/@/Lance5500

Go away lance

join the team

en.lichess.org/team/fit

1900 in bullet
what lol do u just stall game so they run out of time?

cuz thats what i do. lol

accept me in.

I try not to lose and keep more time on the clock than they do until there are around 20 seconds left.

At that point the goal is to make the other person think. When the other person is thinking, they're taking more time than they actually have. They're trying to go for a win, or for a checkmate - both things they don't have time for. This costs them the game. I premove everything under 10 seconds, which usually puts me well ahead in time. Then the game becomes not getting checkmated while keeping at least one pawn, which is easy - just put the king in the center.

I would say I'm in a losing position for 75% of my bullet wins.

Done

this guy is based as fuck
also tal and jobava are goat, i love these sacrificial playstyles

Dont have an account but I'll make one in a bit