Can knowing your DNA composition be useful in getting fit?

I wanna know if getting your DNA examined and studying the sequence can help you determine the best routine for you? Have any of you tried it, if so, did it help you at all or was it a waste of time? Certainly knowing your code to the digit has some benifits, right?
pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

isegoria.net/2004/06/myostatin-belgian-blue-and-flex-wheeler/
gym-talk.com/flex-wheeler/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cute pic mind if i save

this is adorable. do you think if people asked every time to save a pic there would be so many cancerous memes or even pepe?

i havnt, i dont really know what they can ascertain from your dna other than lineage, but i am almost positive there isnt any research into routines for certain dna. and if that were possible in the first place, it would likely be from a potential hormonal profile linked to your genetics, that i also highly doubt there is research on, save for hormones involving obesity, like leptin and ghrelin

Veeky Forumsfags get out.

asking to save pic is a meme.

fitness is science. you fags just rely on the broscience

yes. myostatin deficiency will be present or not present upon testing.

that wont help with a routine. and a deficiency would be pretty noticeable id imagine

people who did routines and technique that was more aligned to their somatypes and genetics (recovery, frequency, density, rep ranges... the list goes on) made 20% more strength and size gains within the same time frame as control, and those that had purposely mismatched ones had -10%.

source

knowing if you have a myostatin deficiency won't help you with a routine. holy fuck you are new.

maybe if flex wheeler had a better routine he would have won Mr. Olympia, as his was constantly criticized by other bodybuilders and coaches as too low intensity. which his myostatin deficiency made up for. stop posting anytime.

When looking at such studies its important to know who bankrolled the study.

how exactly was the best routine for a particular person genetics determined?

did somebody hurt you, user? any feels you'd like to share?

This assumes that Flex actually had a myostatin deficiency, rather than the other usual explanation given (that rather than use and train year round, he slammed his whole budget into five or six months worth of truly absurd dosages).

yeah, this doesnt look like a myostatin deficiency to me

using this unironically.

there is no assumption. there is no point in educating you while you try to argue with me. educate yourself before speaking, the have proved yourself a fool.

>In fact, out of the nine men who had this myostatin deficiency, Flex had the rarest kind – the ‘exon 2’ gene.
isegoria.net/2004/06/myostatin-belgian-blue-and-flex-wheeler/
gym-talk.com/flex-wheeler/

knowing you are force sensitive has nothing to do with what kind of jedi training you should receive.

I notice you're not actually providing any source or evidence for this claim.

It's odd. I can find a press release and a bunch of sites saying that the University of Pittsburgh said Flex had the mutation, I can't find the actual research from the uni saying this.

Got a link?

Wondering this too. Any links or sources?

>spoonfeed me more please
find it yourself. or find claims disputing the study.

It's hard to find rebuttals of a study that doesn't appear to have ever been submitted to any journals, let alone published.

Not yet but science is on the verge of being able to "sequence" out muscle types in humans. That will tell us what type of fibers (1,2,2x) and how many myonuclei and mitochondria there are. Give it 5-10 years OP

let me know when you do.

FLEX WHEELER IS MY FAVORITE NATTY VEGAN BODYBUILDER AND CAN DO NO WRONG

>educate yourself before speaking, the have proved yourself a fool.

found the 16 y/o

Even if we had an accurate way of interpreting it probably not super useful for anyone who wasn't an elite athlete.

solid rebuttal