twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anytime Fitness Kallangur

Time to check craigslist for cheap plates

>wahhhhhh look how well equipped my gym is now wahhhhhh

I don't get it, is the pic related or?

>more than 6 plates on the bar and still place to go
>bumpers

bumpers = 4 plates on bar and its fucking full

Bumper plates are shit compared to calibrated plates.

why? Are they less accurate?

Yes. In calibrated plates can be out by at least 10%

Calibrated plates are ground to be within 10g of the weight. Any other plates are +/- 5%.

did not realize, thanks

>gym replaced the locker room twink gimp with a female model

How the fuck am I supposed to make gains now?

kek

>Tfw its my turn to be the gym twink and a black guy comes in

>calibrated plates

Nigga, you don't know plate confusion, if you don't go to a fucking dungeon gym.
After 4 years of lifting the owner comes up and says, that I pulled over 220kg, when I had four 20kg pl8s, one 10kg and one 5kg pl8 per side, with collars on.
'yeah, those rubbers are custom made, so the 20kg are 20,6kg, the bar is 18kg, the 10kg plates are 10.5kg, I don't even know how much the 5s are, they're all different. And the collars are 1.7kgs'.

Every time I went to a different gym on vacation, I broke fucking PRs on everything and wondered if I'm not getting enough sleep and rest.

Turns out instead of having to compensate for not having 45lbs pl8s, I've had 46lbs pl8s instead.

Except decent bumper plates are still more accurate than most plates

And even non-terrible plates are enough except if you are actually competeing

If this was true wouldn't you notice? One side of the bar could easily be lighter if the weights were all over the place.

It's true but pretty unlikely to occur and even then you wouldn't notice it

Exactly

Your body doesn't care if the bar is 223 instead of 225 as long as you keep adding weight/reps

I like bumper plates, they are thicker and make you look like you lift 1000 lbs when you actually just doing 1/4 of that.

That's why they use them for crossfit. Makes people feel like they are SUPAH STRONG

but bumper plates are good for beginner deadlifts so that you always have the bar at proper height even at baby weight

>not pulling 60kg your first day
Not trolling, are people not strong enough to do this?

On sunday I went in for deads and waited for some early 20s guys to finish doing deads.. 1 plate... I got sick of walking on the mill and went over to ask to work in. They let me and as soon as I started upping the weight they decide it was time to start doing push ups... I kept asking if they wanted to do a set and even took the weight down to 1 plate and asked again.. wasnt trying to gym bully.

>not trying to gym bully
Your devillish trips say otherwise

38 first time deadlifter.... i use one pussy plate for form cause scared of killing my back till im comformtable.

God damn, the super fucking lanky manlet swarm of NYRs has been bad this year, apparently.

Also, doing pushups at the gym is autismo as fuark.

Personally I've never seen anyone deadlift less than a pl8 (unless it was obvious that they could lift more and just had no clue they should go heavier). There is this nigger doing a billion reps with 1pl8, but it's obvious he can lift more, he jsut never does.

sorry but can someone explain to me what the fuck bumper plates even are?
i keep seeing people recommending them but have no idea what the difference is between different kinds of plates

>yfw there's no such thing as calibrated plates
Bumper plates are standardised so I don't know why you're complaining.

kek one guy at my uni gym has a DL 1rm of 300lbs (I watched) but he always does 2pl8 for reps (and I'm talking about 20+ and more here) because he "likes the burn"

some people have no shame

>300lbs
meant 400, typo

That's weird.

I think they're just metal plates like normal, except covered in a thick plastic.

yeah. fun to watch though. if you've seen a 6'6 nigger sweat waterfalls in 5x25 DL sets, you have seen everything

They're made out of rubber, which means you can drop them safely on the ground. See: youtube.com/watch?v=00SWOUnAgL0

Gonna need a source on this, famalam

Fuck your octagonal bullshit Im tryin to deadlift

thats actually spooky how high they bounce

is it also true that all the weights are the same diameter?

The 10, 15, 20 & 25kg plates are all the same diameter. Increases the surface area for shock distribution so even less damage to the plates/ground, plus if means you can pull snatches/cleans from the standard height from as little as 40kg (35kg if you use a women's bar)

thanks now i am #aware

What the fuck Jacked Harry Potter's snatches are pretty close to the olympic elite

Because
>muh iron plates classic bb plates baby get some man getter naytcha boi rice flair wooooo

those arent 45lb plates dummy

Google.com

Compare any noncalibrated plates to calibrated plates.

My gym has two floors. The upstairs is full of machines and morons, but it has steel plates and one power rack. The basement has many power racks but all bumper plates. I do everything downstairs except for max attempt deadlifts and squats, because you can't fit more than 5 20kg bumper plates on a bar. Pretty f'n stupid to have ALL bumpers if you ask me.

yeah my dude clarence0 is bretty good

he held a world record once

yeah gonna need a source of something which is described in its own name. CALIBRATED PLATES.
Fucking mongs.

Where do you go, some crossfag place?

Why do you care if you only deadlift 160 and change? :^)

ayy yo never knew someone else from 4503 was on here. Jetts MD here.

KEK, go spew your bullshit elsewhere.

Also, so buying handmade plates from Botswana.

>doesn't know bumper plates can be calibrated

At least people can actually do a real lifting sport in your gym, olympic lifting.

They all don't bounce that high, he's using training plates. Competition plates that are used in the Olympics don't bounce that high.