Guys, please

Guys, please.

Do these 2 to 3 times a week at the end of your workout.

It will make sure that all tickets to snap city are sold out. Your Deadlift will get better. Your Squat will get better. Your Row will get better.

EVERYTHING will get better, including your well being.

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/training/back-extension-technique.html/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.
/thread

I do these every morning as part of my stretches.

My lower back is stronger and i really think they've helped to improve my posture and my squat.

Bruce lee wrekt his shit doing them, so be careful. But they're ok in my book.

I'd rather do reverse hypers but my gym doesnt have a place to do them weighted. Only bench + gymnastics ball-variation is possible

stretching also helps

>Bruce lee wrekt his shit doing them
what did he do?

He fucked up his back doing good mornings. Google it.

1. this is not a GHR machine
2. improper position of the pad causes problems
3. hand arrangement affect resistance
4. you get no "traction release" from this

>it won't make you taller, Frodo

I'm pretty sure my gym has nothing like that, I've done time like this before though

Done some *
Mobile posting a shit

My gym has one but the angle of the machine is so fucked it works more lower back than hammies and glutes. I just do stiff legged deadlifts as a replacement for it.

That's the point though. You want to get your lower back stronger, you want to pump some blood into your lower back after your workout.

what is gym does not have that piece of equipment? i refuse to do it lying on the floor like a dog

Do it at home

WITH WHAT E Q U I P M E N T

Do a "superman" exercise. You don't need any equipment, though its not gonna be as effective.

you may as well not have even replied, i already said that I don't want to do it on the floor. I'd rather the full range of motion

Then put your entire lower body on a table and have someone hold them or whatever. What the fuck do you even want from me. leave me alone oyu asshole. just fucking go away and let me be oh my god

i assumed because you keep on bothering to post that you actually have some knowledge on the subject. I was wrong.

DPT student here, can confirm that back extensions are very important when it comes to rehabbing tons of injuries

went over some literature this year (ill try to find the articles) and the general consensus was that americans have far too much spinal flexion (bending forward) and thats the root of tons of issues associated with sitting/driving/lowerback/radicular pain

best thing you can do is do back extensions and hang from things 2-3 times a day every day

Is this the same idea?

pretty much, but you are also working your glutes and hams way more there

Thats not a good morning you moron.

Are you talking about back or hip extensions?

Bruce lee died taking fucking placebo salt tablets

Doesn't surprise me the little bitch boy snapped his shit up on back extensions

I do them with a 15kg plate on my lower body days to warm up my glutes, only difference it's a roman chair.

As long as I'm getting the back help, I have nothing like OPs pic at the gym

Threw my back out yesterday in the gym. Will incorporate. Also, strengthening your core will go a long way as well.

Don't add weight to this exercise - easy to snap shit up without realizing it. I think it's best to do this the way OP said as an end of workout stretch.

I only do these when Boris says to do them like a good boy.
underrated

Always had a shitty lower back. Hurt it last week when deadlifting. Started doing these instead of DL for now. Even without weights I feel em working on my back. Pretty good shit.

If you do too much of these, congratz you get chronic back pain.

What kind of hanging? Can I now excuse my habit of doing pullups everywhere by saying it's for medical reasons?

Yeah I like both back extensions and hypers.

I use a 10kg plate and do 3 reps of 15, with a pause at the top. The pump is insane.

i feel stupid doing bach extensions

OP, I read this exercise is supposed to target lower back but I only ever feel it in my hamstrings. I do this exercise regularly.

I'm on a workout plan at the moment which calls for these. There is no option at the gym except for the back extension machine though, so I have been doing those instead.

Any exercise which involved the back worries me, but is this an acceptable solution? I'm at 100lbs on the machine right now, which is probably about the force the actual back extension would exert, and won't be increasing any more, but still, I'm in two minds as to whether to cut it out altogether.

I do these with 40kg added. Really nice exercise. Pete Rubish does a variant of this with a barbell from the floor and says its one of his best exercises for dl lockout.

Muh 30 degree difference XD

how about side bends while on the extension chair?

I usually do a tri-set of extension into side bends on back day but I'm thinking of doing it more often.

Enough, Alex.

agreed

here's a very good article on how to program them in your training
bodyrecomposition.com/training/back-extension-technique.html/

desu shit like APT is pretty common, and thats fixed with spinal flexion work like crunches (that lack hip flexor involvement)

Started doing these the other day because of lower back pain. Lower back hurt like fuck afterwards. Is this a sign that I have serious problems or have bad form? Or is it no biggie?

I was hobbling like an old man for a couple days after I first started these. A month later and my back has never felt better. You're probably fine, but you might want to invest in a heat/cold pack and some ibuprofen for dat back pain.

bruh, i do weighted back extensions EVERY work out.

it is absolutely an MVP candidate as it pertains to accessory exercises.

I feel like these will make my APT even worse and I'm desperately trying to fix that as I've already taken multiple snap city trips from squats and deadlifts.

Can anyone confirm my suspicions? Have had 4 different physical therapists give me conflicting advise...

lmao and look gay? dont do this beta exercise or stacy in the gym will ask you if her hand bag looks good on her LOL.

I do 4 sets of these every workout.

Will RDLs do more or less the same thing?