Milk

Is milk good for you or not? I see a ton of "articles" claiming it's terrible and no-one should drink it, but most of them have "the secret the medical community ignores" or some other huge red flag that it's bullshit.

Is there credible evidence out there that I should stop drinking milk?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11857417
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15203374
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3249408/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17704029
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11566656
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24894826
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2232901/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3579928
ars.usda.gov/ARSUserFiles/80400530/pdf/DBrief/3_milk_consumption_0506.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27882862
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27996057
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why wouldn't you drink it? LITERALLY free IGF-1.

from a kid I drank nothing but milk. I mean that in the traditional sense of literally. hated the taste of water, fizzy drinks, anything you name it the ONLY liquid that went into my mouth was milk. this went on from toddler ages to about 16~. I don't have any health problems or gyno.

the hate on milk is such a fucking meme. drink away for glorious protons

Pretty much the worst poison a human can digest but go ahead. Makes you fat, miserable, allergy reactions most are not aware of, raises cancer risk by 10x

>the worst poison a human can digest
Yeah see this is why you aren't convincing anybody.

bro I got some ricin capsules, make sick gains.

I dont need to convince anybody, and as i said go ahead.

After all, It does not matter what i say, some people are grown up babies they will never give up milk/milk products and will face the consequences and that's the way it should be

>2017
>not having cancer
???????

>tfw white
>tfw ancestors drank milk so much it changed the course of our evolution
>that first sip of the day

Are you tall?
How are your T-levels; do you have a small penis?

My brother drank milk like a calve his whole life, he is now about 5'11.

I never drank milk, I am 6'5".

I found a study once claiming that it limits growth, but the shitload of milklobby studies I find via google make it difficult to find it again.

btw I'm 24, he's 29

>Is milk good for you or not?

Well, does your body produce lactase?

>Yes
Yes. It's good for you. It is literally the best food out there.

>No
No. It's not good for you. You are missing literally the best food out there.

i did my own research and never found any "credible" evidence that we should stop consuming milk and dairy products

i concluded that there's no reason to give up on it unless it makes your stomach ache and such

i seem to have a perfect lactose tolerance, can eat as much dairy without side-effects, so i don't give a shit and just take an advantage of additional calories and proteins

>sipping your milk
You'll never get through a gallon drinking it like that you fuckboy

is that why blacks prefer koolaid?

I'm also 6'5" but drank milk a fuck ton until i stopped growing pretty sure it just fortifies your bones with calcium doubt that would have any negative effects. Doc said my bones grew faster than other parts which gave me 18 degree scoliosis

>being able to digest the sugars means the whole thing is good for you somehow

Well europeans evolved to diggest milk, this means that people who were abble to diggest milk did better than the one who weren't able to do so. Of course evolution is a complicated process and it doesn't mean milk is good for you or whatever. However it is likely not bad for you to a point that it prevent you to have kids.

We'll add it to the list of "things that aren't so bad that they kill you before childbearing age."

Lanklets. When will they ever learn?

Low fat/skim milk is fantastic.

Whole fat milk and especially higher fat dairy products like cream and butter have problems. Namely, estrogen (which is fat soluble). Skim milk has like 1ppb but fatty dairy products can have a hundred times as much. Still low enough that its probably not physiologically relevant, but worth keeping in mind.

>Whole fat milk and especially higher fat dairy products like cream and butter have problems. Namely, estrogen

That's the first issue that came to your mind with fatty dairy products? Don't eat butter because the estrogen?

same here, except i also drank some soda on occasion

Im 6'2", never tested t-levels, and my dick is just over 7 inches.

Ive read that drinking it tanks your circulating testosterone afterward. but insulin does that , too, and insulin is really important for gains. milk also has a stronger insulin response than the carbs in it would suggest it might for some reason, and i wonder if the test drop is due directly to the insulin response from drinking milk.

also, does anyone know why insulin lowers test? i just looked up where the androgen receptors are, and theyre in the cytoplasm, so does a drop in circulating test mean that it's just been taken up by the cell(into the cytoplasm) for use?

Milk is horrible, I had type 2 diabetes, all i did was stop consuming milk products and my type 2 reversed. Milk proteins have been shown to cause type two and type 1 in children

how much sugar do/did you consume in a day overall? even if i drank a gallon a day i wouldnt be consuming enough sugar to develop diabetes

Its not about the sugar its about the chain structure of casein and your body wanting to attack all similar chains one of them being beta cells in your pancreas so it causes diabetes

It's seems to be pretty bad. Beyond what is linked below it is linked to breast cancer, testicular cancer, type I diabetes, higher over-all mortality and higher rates of bone fractures among elderly to name a few.

Prostate cancer:

(Japanese study, found significant link)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11857417
(Meta analysis, found significant link)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15203374
(Icelandic study, found 320% increased risk of advanced prostate cancer among those who drank milk daily as children)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3249408/
(Japanese meta-analysis on cohort studies between 1966-2006, 13% increase in prostate cancer risk found between lowest and highest consumers. The risk was clearly dose dependant)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17704029
(Very high quality study, 32% increased risk between lowest and highest consumers)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11566656

Parkinsons disease:

(Dose-dependant link found, on average 66% increased risk for highest male consumers)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24894826
(80% increased risk between lowest and highest male consumers, tetrahydroisoquinolines that are found in dairy pointed out as possible causal factor)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2232901/
(Tetrahydroisoquinolines found to be markedly increased in brains of parkinsons sufferers, possible neurotoxin)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3579928

What if I drink skim milk and not whole

Diabetes doesn't only involve sugar

ive drank milk practically every day of my life, why do i not have diabetes? i think theres something you're leaving out, i.e. other personal health or genetic factors

Well obviously you should avoid butter if you are trying to lose weight. But the macronutrient profile of butter is not exactly a secret

All food consumption transiently increases serum insulin and decreases test. Not something to worry about

Found the vegan

>I've smoked every day of my life, why don't I have cancer?
>I've eaten tuna every day of my life, why don't I have mercury poisoning?
Because your pathetic little anecdotes don't mean shit, retard.

I drink milk everyday, infact most people I know do. Why do none of us have diabetes?

as opposed to your anecdote of getting diabetes from milk

See

>Bovine hormones work on people
Get a load of this retard

That wasn't my anecdote, fuckwit. Goddamn, fucking retards, I swear...

>tfw recently became lactose-intolerant
RIP GAINS

Is it really an anecdote when just about everybody who drinks milk a lot doesn't have diabetes? That was the point of my post. Fuck off with your meme science.

>just about everybody who drinks milk a lot doesn't have diabetes?
>hurr durr I know everybody who drinks milk and their medical history
Yes, retard. Anecdote. Now fuck off.

>most people drink milk
>most people dont have diabetes
>"fuckin anecdotal evidence, fuckin retards. fuck i wish i knew what statistics were."

Most white people drink quite a lot of milk and most white people don't have diabetes. Really makes you think

>most people drink milk
Right. And I'm sure that you'll demonstrate this "fact" with
>most people I know drink milk
You were told to fuck off, retard. Get to it.

It's not so much that milk is bad as much as the chemicals big corps use to make it last longer. If you live near a village or close to the country somewhere, pick up some raw milk - mad gainz and healthy as fuck.

in about three hours im gonna dump my 250 gifs i have of this bitch in /gif/, toon in later boys

ars.usda.gov/ARSUserFiles/80400530/pdf/DBrief/3_milk_consumption_0506.pdf

2nd result on google, cunt

Lmao there's a reason my seed is valuable at the sperm bank friendo

>raw milk
its illegal in california

> Most people drink milk
> Proceeds to show that most people in USA drinks milk

Jeez.... Americunt? Lets ignore that 75% of the worlds population is lactose intolerant. Lets also ignore that 9.3% of the US population has type 2 diabetes and almost 30% of the US population 20 years or older are pre-diabetic.

Childhood onset of type 2 beetus is caused by severe obesity, not any sort of protein

This guy gets it op. I was same as him I easily drank at least 6 glasses a day growing up. When I broke my wrist in 3rd grade the orthopedist was astonished at how quickly I healed

>thinks most people don't drink milk
Not the same guy btw
That's actually retarded man. Ive also never heard of someone getting diabetes from just drinking milk, but I've never researched so I won't call you retarded for that. However if you actually belive the majority of people aren't consuming milk then I'd honestly wager that by not consuming milk you've actually become retarded.

Enjoy being a cripple at 60 because your knees can't handle how unnaturally tall you are.

>2017
>Not eating calorically dense food in moderation to lose weight
Kek mate you'll never make it.

>have dinner with friend in elementary school
>they all drink milk while eating

Got milk, goy?

all those claims are just one giant citation needed.
you sound nuts

It's really easy to tell if you should be eating dairy or not. Just abstain for a week and see what happens. Then introduce it back into your diet and see what happens. Dairy causes me problems so I don't consume it. Simple as that

raw milk free of hormones and contaminants is actually good for you. this is just a historical fact. people have been doing it for centuries.

the milk you're getting in a supermarket is pasturized, so the enzymes and vital nutrition that allows your body to properly use the milk is all gone. on top of this its filled with hormone and GMO since commercial milk cows of big companies generally feed their livestock with corn and soy, while normal cows graze in a field of grass. this also degrades the overall nutritional value of the milk and makes it basically worthless to ingest. most articles you are reading operate under the assumption that milk you buy in a store is an actually good product which it generally isnt, and any studies or health statements based around the assesment of commercial milk dont prove anything since you're not ingesting it the way nature intended.

know somebody who is lactose intolerant? alot of these people can tolerate raw milk perfectly fine. this is because raw milk actually preserves the enzymes needed to digest the milk properly.

tl;dr No its not really good for you if you buy it pasturized, but if you drink it and have no problems then its not going to kill you

pros:
>good macros if you know what you're doing
>tastes good

cons:
>estrogen gives you tits and makes you like boys
>get fat if your mom gives it to you at every meal for 14 years
>high in sugar/carbs

The thing about butter is that it makes food like eggs or toast much more caloric without being more filling

But yes you can lose weight and eat butter as long as you maintain a deficit

Raw milk has the same hormones; they ate indogenous to lactating cows regardless of how they are fed, medicated, or raised
Raw milk does not have lactase
There is nothing wrong with gmo crops
stop being a meme

The estrogen content of milk, even whole milk, is irrelevantly low. 1% is like a microgram per liter

This is the dumbest piece of misinformation I've ever read on this board.

>Raw milk does not have lactose
Fuck, you're stupid.

LacTASE. The enzyme which digests lactose. Lactose intollerant people lack lactase so they have trouble when they eat lactose. The incorrect claim was that raw milk contained this enzyme.

He said lactase, an enzyme. Learn to fucking read.

Damn I've seen a few brutal BTFOs in my time, but rarely ones so self imposed and well deserved.

>he thinks that there isn't enough similarity in hormonal structure in various animals for there to not be a similar effect

Do you not know where we used to get insulin from? or Testosterone? or [insert hormone here].

Before we had the beauty of synthetic biology, we had to rely on other animals to get hormones, like insulin, by taking their blood and purifying out the insulin. Wasn't as effective (by concentration) as human counterparts, but it does bind similarly due to structural homology.

>humans have 3aten dairy for thousands of years
>retard vegans try to blame it for epidemics that have ballooned in recent decades

Fucking kek, you people are so incredibly stupid.

someone link an actual real source of proof one way or another

t. Coping manlet that didn't drink his milk

Reminder: You are weakness incarnate if you're lactose intolerant

it's literally disgusting for you.

I drink almond milk tastes better and less sugar.

>It's seems to be pretty bad. Beyond what is linked below it is linked to breast cancer, testicular cancer, type I diabetes, higher over-all mortality and higher rates of bone fractures among elderly to name a few.
You're a shill. Some of your studies aren't even designed experiments. They only show links. Those that are may suffer from omitted variable bias. Insufficient evidence.

>really chubby kid
>always hated milk
>parents made us drink whole milk every meal
>brother loved milk and I hated it
>one day just want water and not milk
"I don't want milk" "you can't have soda with dinner user" "No I want water"
>dad looks at me like I'm fucking crazy
"water? water has nothing in it, you have to drink milk"
My parents were fucking memes Veeky Forums

Then sounds like regular genetics, as the first son generally will not be as tall as any following sons.

I can't believe nobodies posted this. Milk is for the white man. Niggers drink grape drink.

I have yet to find any credible sources that didn't sound like a conspiracy theory.

All I can chime in with:
> If you're lactose intolerant, you probably shouldn't be ingesting milk
> Humankind has been using animal milk/fat/byproducts for centuries
> Milk is a calorie, fat and protein dense food
> Milk, like any protein can carry the risk of cancer
> Any organism is capable of cancer
> Any food we eat is to live.
> Death is the cure for life

The reason there's debates over whether it's good or bad is because it doesn't make a significant difference.

If you drink it, you'll be fine. If you don't/can't, you'll be fine.

There are about a million things you do regularly that are far more likely to fuck you up than drinking milk. Whether or not you drink it or cook with it is the last of your concerns.

>degrades the overall nutritional value of the milk and makes it basically worthless to ingest
Oh shit I realized all my gains were a product of my own imagination

Are utters just a giant ballsack?

Their tits you stupid faggot

Milk is perfectly safe:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27882862
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27996057

Also the amount of hormones in milk is so miniscule that you get more hormones from fucking fruit and vegetables.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27882862
>This review aimed to assess the scientific evidence mainly from meta-analyses of observational studies and randomised controlled trials, on dairy intake and risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, cancer, and all-cause mortality.

>The most recent evidence suggested that intake of milk and dairy products was associated with reduced risk of childhood obesity. In adults, intake of dairy products was shown to improve body composition and facilitate weight loss during energy restriction. In addition, intake of milk and dairy products was associated with a neutral or reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, particularly stroke. Furthermore, the evidence suggested a beneficial effect of milk and dairy intake on bone mineral density but no association with risk of bone fracture. Among cancers, milk and dairy intake was inversely associated with colorectal cancer, bladder cancer, gastric cancer, and breast cancer, and not associated with risk of pancreatic cancer, ovarian cancer, or lung cancer, while the evidence for prostate cancer risk was inconsistent. Finally, consumption of milk and dairy products was not associated with all-cause mortality. Calcium-fortified plant-based drinks have been included as an alternative to dairy products in the nutrition recommendations in several countries. However, nutritionally, cow's milk and plant-based drinks are completely different foods, and an evidence-based conclusion on the health value of the plant-based drinks requires more studies in humans.

Im gonna bump this fucker, so people can stop thinking milk is bad, and will kill your gains.