Am I overtraining

Hey Veeky Forums I need to prove my training partner that we're overtraining. If you think we do please give your approval.

Todays Workout (Back, Biceps):
Chinups 3sets 8-12reps
Cable Rows 3sets 10-15reps
High Row Machine 4sets 8-12reps
Row Machine 3sets 8-12reps
Reverse pulldown 3sets 12-20reps
Hammercurls 4sets 8-12reps
Regular Curls 3sets 8-12reps
Barbell Curls 3sets 10-15reps
20 min cardio

If you actually think that this isnt overtraining let me know. I don't have a problem doing this I love being in the gym and pushing myself to the limit but I also want to get maximum results.

How long have you been lifting OP?

for 1 year now but we have always been doing this.

my partner has lifted for 3 years

i think thats solid op, add rows and deadlifts though.

>so i guess youre actually slackers.

Friendly reminder that less is more. You make your gains when you rest. 3-4 day full body or an U/L split is best for natty gains. I wouldn't say your overtraining, you'll know if you're overtraining very quickly, but you may be robbing yourself of your gains.

>deadlifts
>back exercise

You know how I know you don't even have a 180kg deadlift?

its because i like my spine sorry

And why does that mean you can't have at least s mediocre deadlift?

I wouldn't really say that's over training that's a little less then I do on back days and I do it twice a week. But I'm also used to doing army pt in the morning then going to the gym later in the day and I don't do pt anymore so idk

Oh man you're gonna need some roids for that ridiculous amount of volume, jesus christ. The bulgarians have nothing on you guys

heres what i see

>missing any kind of lower rep set
>multiple rows using machines, instead of 5 or so sets of barbell rows(you dont need a bunch of different forms of the same exercise, especially not in the same day)
>no deadlifts
>way too fucking many curls, add another set of chinups, and only do 2-3 sets of one form of curls if you think you need more work for biceps

its a pull, and most people label it a back exercise even though it works a lot of groups. fuck you, and the semantics you base your arguments on

It's prime movers are literally the glutes and hamstrings, it's secondary movers are the quadriceps. Stabilizer muscles are lats, traps, and spinal erectors. It is literally a lower body exercise and putting it with a "back" or "pull" day is indicative of whoever made that program being a total dumb fuck.

>and putting it with a "back" or "pull" day is indicative of whoever made that program being a total dumb fuck.
>putting deadlift in pull is being a total dumb fuck
stop embarrassing yourself

Please, elaborate, why should deadlifts be considered a back exercise and not a lower body/leg exercise. They literally activate all of the same muscles as a squat.

im not putting that shit on leg day. i feel lethargic as fuck after either squats or deads, im not doing them together

>thinking pull = back
holy shit you are dumb
or a top quality bait, but i doubt you are that smart

You're doing a lot of bullshit.

I can't tell if trolling or serious because I keep seeing posts like this pop up.

How much progress have you made in one year?

That's a lot of volume. Really is. Congrats.
The problem is that you probably aren't tracking your weights for all of this and aren't increasing the weight.

Or, maybe you are tracking it- but you're barely increasing the weight and it's only on a few exercises.
Reduce it to two pull motions.

You can either do one primary and one auxiliary or two primaries.
Make it a point to drive up the weight of one every workout.

Do something like bent over rows and chin ups.

Bent over rows 6*5 add 5 lbs every workout.
Chin ups 3*f. Add one rep to each set every workout.
You're probably asking here because your results are dogshit.

Your results will continue to be dogshit unless you continuously improve your metrics, and the best way to do that is to measure them and not have so much volume that you can't increase them.

I wonder how people have such bad progress from going to the gym and then see shit like this and realize that people only have a plan and not a system.
It does lower-body but has a locked out pull. It's like working the last part of the pull Range of motion. Think of it as a partial for an upright row.

What the fuck does it mean then you dingus?

>not deadlifting twice per week and squatting twice per week

Pathetic.

>not deadlifting twice per week and squatting twice per week
that was never implied. no one could have implied anything about my routine other than i dont squat and deadlift on the same day

pull means exercises where you pull the weight you turbomongoloid
the fuck do you think it means?

>bar starts further from your center of mass
>pull it closer to center of mass

>what action you're doing matters
>not the muscles worked or the actions the muscles are taking

You are literally retarded.

>Back
>No deadlift
The fuck

>muscles function by pulling on themselves, which also pulls the bone sthey are connected to
so you're saying every exercise is a pull? good to know, that means you were still wrong about a deadlift not being a pull

professional goalpost moving right there

then criticize push/pull as a whole, not miscategorize deadlift as anything other than a genuine pull.
you are still a turbomongoloid, turbomongoloid.

How DO you know if you're overtraining? I'm a one year noob vet with a similar ppl routine, pls help.

why are you so concerned with overtraining? do you have AIDS?

how often do you train? if you take a few extra days off and you come back stronger than usual, you are likely overtraining. its a lot harder to tell if you're doing too much in a single workout afaik, but focusing on compound lifts, and doing 2-3 isolation exercises on various muscles that need work is usually more than enough to gain consistently, and is practically the basis for any beginner to intermediate routine

Dat Rob Liefeld spine.

Solid OP.

Add heavy deadlifts to the top and weighted back extensions after... then lighter high rep deadlifts to the end.

I always like to start off with lower back and then hit upper, mix in some bicep curls, and finish with light deadlifts. I have seen some pretty decent gains following this routine.

Also standing lat pulldowns are the shit

>DEADLIFTS ARE FOR FUCKING LEG DAY Veeky Forums YOU STUPID FUCKS

You're not overtraining but add deadlifts

either your squats or deads are going to suffer if you do that. thats probably the #1 reason deadlifts are widely accepted as a back day exercise, or because its a pull. fuck off faggot.

>not having a deadlift day

t. DYEL with no work capacity

Also

>having a leg day
>having a pull day
>having a push day