3x5 bench press
3x5 squat
1x5 deadlift

total time: 30 minutes

what the fuck guys this didn't even feel like a proper workout

Cause it's not

fpbp

>SS

You have to add other shit to it. Make it work for you.

then what am I supposed to do as a beginner?

It's not heavy enough to be a workout. Add 3 accessories at the end.

SS with other shit, jesus christ OP you're begging to get your shit slapped. Fucking add in curls, tricep pulldowns, pullups, fucking something. This shit is not complicated. Fuck.

>redditers will give this 50 (you)s and write shit like "include me in the screencap XD"

give it a few weeks and you'll need more rest in between sets. enjoy these short workouts while you can because sitting at the gym and "resting" is suffering

>tfw you will never be so retarded that you think adding accessories will make a begginer have an intense workout

Does this count for SL as Well? Into week 2 and feeling the same as OP.

run it like a ppl program
each day do 1 major lift, ex:

Day 1 (push): Bench press, but also add other push work such as triceps, incline bench, db flies, delt raises

Day 2 (pull): Deadlifts, add other pull work such as pullups, tbar rows, bicep curls, forearm work

Day 3 (legs): Squats, add leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises

>all these retards telling him to add accessories / more exercises

Give it time OP. The first few workouts being light give you time to get the movements down pat. Just keep adding 2.5kg and you'll be lifting big in no time.

If it doesn't seem like much just remember that your lifts will be going up 15kg per fortnight if done correctly

*Just keep adding 2.5kg per workout

Read SS, SL and ICF, routines threads on fit and then make your own routine using SS as the base.
This is not rocket science dude

That's not what that post meant at all you fucking retard.

Read the sticky

It clearly says those are the main lifts but you can add other exercises as well, of course, once you've gained enough strenght with bench, squat and DL.
Pullups, chinups, curls... you name it; the thing is that they don't have to interfere with the main lifts.

Im a couple weeks into SL 5x5. Same idea with increasing he weight by 2.5kg every session and so far its still light.

I like to hit pullups 3x5
Shrugs 3x10
Curls 2x10
Dips 2x10
And abs
And other random shit until I feel ive actually worked out. Shits easy at the statt but once the weight starts going up on your compound lifts you wont be able to do all these accessories at the end.
Anyway gl

rofl i hope you don't take this fool seriously.

>shrugs

When you're lifting decent weight that shit will be intense

you are supposed to drink milk between your sets

Do sl for a few more weeks until you feel comfortable with the lifts. Switch to a ppl routine after and still keep the big 4 lifts.

add in pullups every session and alternate between lateral raises and some curls for every other session

Its not meant to to start...

You start off very slow, with light weights because you're a fat couch potato or skinny skelly mcskellington who can about lift the bar comfortable. As you progress you add more and more weight, you'll start to feel it soon, and you'll make strength gains, as long as you eat right and rest properly.

Its your first work out you faggot.

Anyway, keep doing this till you stall 3 times then move on to a PPL or U/P or some retarded full body split.

Kek'd

This. It adds up quickly and youll need more time to rest when youre squatting 2 pl8 instead of .5pl8

OP please don't follow this advice.

Rippetoe has over 30 years of experience when it comes to strength routines, this guy probably started jan 1st.

Trust the routine. If extra excercises on top of it would have improved strength gains, they would have been in the program already.

If anything you can add warmup sets if you're not already. As the lifts go up, it'll feel more and more like a real workout until your squat sets alone leave you exhausted

Are you warming up? At first I also didn't know you're supposed to do warmup sets. That gets a workout up to an hour or more.