"congrats on OHP'ing 30kg"

>"congrats on OHP'ing 30kg"
>"now add 1kg"

how the FUCK am I meant to add 1kg when the smallest thing we have is 1.25 plate to add to both sides?

clip clamp things u know. use a couple

i just hit the same lift today, went from 12.5kg 2 months ago to 30 been adding .5 kg to a side each time

There are .5kg plates.

Bring your own plates, cmon.

How bad of an idea is use 1.25 kg on just one side and switch side every set to balance it out ? I don't have other chances

yes you do

I was thinking of using something like this and adding the 1.25 to the center of a bar.

next lift when I get up to 2x1.25 I can put them eaither side etc.

also my gym doesn't have .5kg and I've never seen .5kg

they must be like paper thin

That is like 65 lbs right? Just jump up with the smallest plates you have. There's NO way you need fractional plates at that low a weight

Either add 1.25 to each side or just do more reps at current weight. Don't overthink this jesus

yeah this. op is distracting himself from his eventual death by mulling over dumb shit

>not just tying jugs of water to the barbell
>not getting stability gains comparable to dumbbell work thanks to the jugs hanging on rope
>not using the perfect weights for pyramiding since you can just pour more water in and drink excess when necessary
>he can't OHP lmao5gallon

>how the FUCK am I meant to add 1kg when the smallest thing we have is 1.25 plate to add to both sides?
>tfw in your gym the smallest plate is 2.5
It can be worse user , believe it and don't cry.

this was more or less the answer I was looking for.
I'm doing 5x5, should I just do 2-3 workouts at the same weight then jump up to the +2.5kg

>2.2lbs
vs
>2.5lbs

>0.3lbs
>0.3lbs

>0
>.
>3
>Fucking
>l
>b
>s

gyms rarely have below the 2.5lb plate, you have to buy a microplate set from ebay or amazon

>Bring your own plates, cmon.

That's...actually not a terrible idea.

use a 1.13kg/2.5lb plate dumbass

You go to the local hardware store and you buy washers with a 2" internal diameter. They should be about 1/2 lb each. Buy 8
Then you can keep progressing on OP

>OHP
>30kg

wait, wait...

is that supposed to be something to be proud of? I OHP 36kgX16 (all I have at home) and never mention it because it's too light.

>Banned from the gym because they think you're sneaking their plates out

Or for those with shit-tier hardware stores and a saw, you could buy a piece of PVC pipe with equal/slightly less than diameter, cut it to a reasonable thickness and longways so it can clip over the barbell and tether some weighed materials.

Lol no it's not.

Your 30kg for 16 isn't either but at least it's somewhat better lol

I think OP fell for the micro plate meme.

I reached a 90KG one rep before I used any micro plate stuff but I really don't think I need it

>tfw 2.5 kg is the smallest plate in the gym

I can't progress guddamit

THOSE ARE MY PLATES! I DONT KNOW YOU!

But 2bh very few gyms have fractional plates so I doubt they'd make that mistake

Not manufacturing his own 1 kg weights? Why do you even lift? I bet you also haven't got a squat plug.

> OHP with 20kg dumbbells
> Next closest progression is 22.5kg dumbbells, or a 5kg total increase

how the fuck do you progress if you only have dumbbells? spend 2 weeks increasing reps?

>squat plug
>not fully utilising your valgus by releasing the held air through your angus like a rocket booster to launch out of the hole
Dyel?

I tried this, works until you hit failure and possibly fuck up your shoulders. Just increase with 1.25 and force missing reps after a short break (15-30s).

Also do 2-3 sets of 5's with 70% afterwards.
Happy gains.

t. 70x5 or 72.5x3 ohp

use 1 dumbbell with 2 hands.

dude thats just gross. squat plugs are normal

Bulk up until each of your hands is .5kg heavier