Rate my Workout

On a Cut, 250 and like 21%bf i think?

Monday:
Db BP 5x5
BB BP 5x5
BB DL 3x10
BB FS (front squat for autistics) 3x10
Super Sets with Incline and Decline BP 3x5
Push Ups 5x10 (done throughout the session)
T-Bar Lying Rows 3x12
Leg Curls 3x12

Tuesday:
Hang Cleans 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5
DB Lateral Raise 5x5
DB Wrist Curls, Palm up and Down 3x15
Wrist Roller 5x3

Wednesday:
Squat 5x5
FS 5x5
Romanian Deadlift 5x5
Machine Fly 3x10
Leg Press 5x5
Lat Pulldown 3x12
Calf Raise 5x5
Pushup 3x10
DB One Arm Row 3x12

Thursday:
Alternate Hammer Curls 5x5
Rope Tricep Pushdowns 5x5
Alternate Incline Curls 5x5
Standing One Arm Tricep Ext 5x5
BB Curl 5x5
Dip 5x5

Friday:
BB DL 5x5
BB Stiff Legged DL 3x10
Squat 5x5
T-Bar Lying Rows 5x5
DB Fly 3x12
BB Bent Over Row 5x5
Cable Cross Over 3x12
Lat Pulldowns 5x5

Saturdays:
(If I feel like it )
Super Sets after 10 minutes on stairmaster
BB Squat 5x5 + BB Romanian DL 5x5
Bench Press 5x5 + Cleans 5x5
Finish with some cardio

bretty gud, probably looking lean n solid

this is my next week schedule:

Mon: (easy day)
20 min steady run @ ~7:30min/mi pace, with cooldown
yoga for ~1:30:00min with focus on balance and strength postures

Tues: ("easy" day)
10 min warm up jog, 35-40 min steady run @ ~7:00min/mi pace, with cooldown
yoga for ~1:00:00min with focus on balance and stretching postures

Wed: (economy day)
10 min warm up jog, 40-45 min progression run starting @ 7:30min/mi pace and working to 5:30min/mi pace by end
isometric holds and postures focusing on shoulders and back,
plyos, depending on how legs are feeling
cooldown

Thurs: (2nd "easy" day)
30 min steady run @ ~7:00min/mi pace, with cooldown
~0:30:00 min yoga with focus on strength postures for legs and arms

Fri: (prep day)
~30 min steady run @ ~7:30min/mi pace, with cool down
form drills, including a-skips, b-skips, c-skips, line-drills, karaoke step, and 4-8X300m fast runs w/ long stride

Sat: (race-pace day_
20 min warmup jog, 10km run @ ~5:30 min/mi pace, with cool down

Sun: (long run day)
~1:30:00 - 2:00:00 run @ ~6:30-7:30min/mi pace
form drills, including a-skips, b-skips, c-skips, line-drills, karaoke step, and 3-5X400m fast runs w/ long stride

the ("..." days) are a pretty standard format for running workout schedules. sometimes I'll switch out economy days for interval days, which usually look like repeat 1kms for up to 10km, or repeat 3kms for 9km or 12km, with rests in between, at 15-30sec faster than the 1k pace I hope to achieve in my next race, but if I do that my long run is no more than 1:00:00.

Holy fuck i dont think i could do a 6th of that, im actually not lean at all, my fat spreads out nicely so i look man thicc but I don't have the muscle mass for it. Trying to achieve husbando mode for maybe two years then I wanna get into tricking and parkour so I'll become otter

I'm sure you look fine. keep at it and you'll get to where you want to be. if you want my opinion on getting to otter, though (speaking from experience) focus on iso stuff, like yoga, and cardio. pick up rock climbing, too, my guy. that shit will get you shredded in core and arms.

pic related (from left to right: flaccid, little flex, full flex). this is how I look basically all year round. when I'm climbing a lot a put on some more size in my arms and core, and when I'm running more I look thin, like I do in images.

Do you take easy weeks? I forgot to say that I go on for 3wks and take a full week of easy days, ~20-45 min runs at whatever-feels-nice pace.

inb4 "dyelskellyawschwitseataburger"
I eat over 4kcal every day just to maintain

What's your body type op?

Whats the % of your max weight your using for your sets?

It doesnt matter if you lift I can see in your muscles they're pretty damn toned. To the easy weeks question, nooo not really. I mean sometimes ill get lazy and bump out for a week but it isnt planned.

Endo/Meso Mix

Actually not sure desu, i know with DL its usually the 80% range unless i decide to max out, I haven't maxed out with a lot of the other movements. I've got shit knees so I just started squatting three weeks ago, im up to 275 for 1 now.

80% is good for dl. When I start a new routine I tend to start at 65-75% of max and work my way up.

i don't know if it works exactly the same way, physiologically, with lifting as it does with running (probably not, but maybe, I'm not much into lifting phys because I don't lift), but if you're challenging yourself with exercise - i.e., if you're seeing results you want to see - you actually should schedule time off. with running it improves the quality of your workouts and the results you see noticeably.

>Endo/Meso Mix

You gotta add more to that. Your body can handle it and you'll drop fat faster.

I usually cant keep up simply because of the hunger aspect. I recently changed up the diet, added more calories while still in deficit, gonna eat a majority of my carbs pre and post lift and try to get a good deal of protein right before bed for optimum recovery. Im switching jobs soon hopefully which will put my lifting schedule back at 7-8pm for optimal recovery overnight.

Yeah deloads and stuff, you're on the right track, Instead of stopping/taking time off, im testing the 3x12 parts of the routine, hoping that by going moderate in a body part all days except 1 a week i can circumvent off weeks.

well, right, I didn't mean completely off, just relatively. you sound like you've got your shit together.

I keep changing shit but i've been a the gym for i think 3/4 weeks in a row now. I've been lifting for a year plus but i took a 3/4 month break mid year last year. Bulked for a bit, then been on the shitty cut. I just went through the last legs of my meal plan (hopefully, its what helped me cut last time) so im looking forward to getting the food Friday, cooking Saturday + Friday and doing the eats sunday

fucking eatz, man. best part of my day. one reason I run so much is because I fucking love food.

I make this chili and eat it routinely and its, its all i look forward to in life right now besides the lifts

This is fucking awful.

1. You are training anterior muscles and push movements three days in a row which is completely counter productive due to overlap in protein synthesis and general frequency standards in sports science.

2. Completely useless amount of excessive volume, even for an advanced athletes standards.

3. You're most likely 35% bf obese as fuck and weak as shit and/or have been lifting for less than 6 months.

By the way, that cardiofag is LITERALLY trolling you.

Chili is bomb. You use ground beef or steak?

I fucking load mine: carrots, corn, kale, kidney beans, tomatoes, coffee grinds, black beans, more kidney beans, jalaps, beef stewing chunks, onions, cumin, chili powder, lime juice. Fuckin' killer.

I'm not trolling. That's actually how I work out, and that's actually how I look.

Go back to the gym if you're going to be that butthurt about someone else's queries. OP asked for opinions (which, to be fair you did give; and probably good advice too), not to be insulted.

Alright so instead of trolling user, help me fix my routine if you think its shit. I've been lifting for over a year on and off, the only thing I've consistently trained is my deadlift. I lost 20 pounds in a month and a half while making steady strength gains while doing a routine somewhat similar, actually more intense desu. I used to do a six day split with 48 hours inbetween body parts for rest but im fucking around with routines now. Of course, i posted for suggestions and help so im not gonna get butthurt, im listening.

Chuck roast, chili beans, garbanzo beans, spicy black beans, greek yogurt cream cheese, spice sauce, chili powder, cumin, onions, tomatoe sauce with green chilis and jalaps, and some brown sugar sometimes.

>brown shuggah

nice, I'd eat that

what's the yogurt/cream cheese for?

>actually does yoga and runs
I'm fucking dying.
>over a year on and off
You're a novice lifter. Cut your calories, do greyskull lp, do HIIT 1-2 times a week, and disregard brosplit shit like you posted. You're also not 21% bf at 250 unless you're 6'10 or on steroids, don't kid yourself.

Its just yummy, i used to toss a little bit on the top of the chili because its slightly sweet, I make my chili in a crockpot so once its done, i tosss the cream cheese in, keep it on warm for an hour then mix it in, i like it a lot.

Yoga is awesome tf you mean, I've only done it once but yoga was the only reason i was able to stay up for 48 hours.

> Cut Calories
Gee thanks, i..I didn't know that.

> Do HIIT
GEE THANKS So do what I was doing back in August, cool thanks for telling me things i didn't already know.

Will look into Greyskull though.

Well I also work on my PhD, have multiple other hobbies, and compete internationally in orienteering and road racing... so, there's that.

For real, though. Once you've gone full cardio, there's no going back - everything else is dissatisfying. I do yoga mainly to maintain what little muscle I actually still have on my upper body (and it helps my performance in running and climbing too). I'm not insecure about my mass, though. I get mired every time I go to the gym.

Y u mad, tho?

I used to do HIIT so fucking much god, i ate like three large pizzas a week. My issue is sticking to routines, not so much progressing or anything like that. last august i did chicken breasts protein shakes and low carbs, did a reload every weekend with pizza and wafflehouse, man the day right after that reload id drop like 3 pounds and it would stay off but when i came in to lift i was getting heavier. shit was good.jpg

You post a shitty elaborate brosplit, didn't read the fucking sticky, are 250lbs fat as crap, and have the audacity to pull an attitude? If you're still fucking obese after over a year of training, dieting and HIIT you clearly are not applying those principles so shut the actual fuck up and be happy someone is giving you free information PTs usually charge for.
>I get mired every time Igo to the gym
They aren't miring they're fucking laughing at you behind your back, you flaming homosexual. What's your PhD in? Women's studies?

You're damn right i've got the audacity. I've been lifting for a year but i haven't actually been in the gym for a year numb nuts, As stated before, my issue is sticking with routines longer than a month, whether eating or lifting wise. 'didnt read the sticky' except I definitely have, multiple times. When i made my original routine it was after reading through the sticky. You're an idiot for assuming that I've been consistently doing these things, If I was we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Why would I be happy when a fuck comes in belittling people to try and make a point he could just as easily make through normal conversation. This isn't Boot Camp, you don't have to be an ass.

any week you get to eat three pizzas is a good week. but if you're having trouble sticking to routines you can ask a friend, or make buddies with someone who has similar goals, to be a buddy - accountability makes people stick to their plans, even if it's as light-hearted as a workout buddy. if you have access to a gym which offers classes (like at a school) the classes are great places to make friends like that, especially the HIIT and yoga classes. I know it's a little odd to just approach random people, but it works - that's how I got so consistently into yoga. now it's part of my personal routine.

>they're not miring, they're laughing
keep telling yourself that. my degree is in biology, but my research is principally in the ecology of insect disease vectors, and functionally related organisms. 3 yrs to go!

y r u still mad tho?

I've started doing that and honestly its helped a lot. I fucked up my eating because i got a new job with random as fuck hours, cooking became really hard to get done, hence the crock pot. I've started saving one day a week to cook and portion out food, freeze it and over the last 2 weeks i've noticed it helping me a lot as far as sticking to food goes. I also bring nonperishable snacks with me wherever i go so i dont run to BK or waffle house (unless its saturday then waffle house always). In the last month i've met and lifted with at least 8/9 different people, the issue is finding people that work at your pace. None of my good friends really LIFT, so they cant keep up in weight or speed usually, but some of the randos do and i've made a decent amount of progression with them.

You're fat, inexperienced, unknowledgable, and intolerable. I know a fat prick just like you at my gym who thinks he's amazing too but iust looks like shit, thinks he's "bear mode", thinks he's 15% bf less than what he really is, and is completely weak as fuck for his weight. He also has a chip on his shoulder and will remain so for eternity.
Nobody is miring you sticking your ass up in the air. You're small as fuck even by natty standards. You're the average skinny hipster nobody notices in the corner eating activated almonds and practising Himalayan anal charades.

That is fair. It's probably a lot easier to find fellow runners who are at a similar pace range than weight-lifters who are. Or at least it seems to me like it would be. Keep at it, you'll find the right guy, or even girl if you're lucky.

When I do food I don't even use a crockpot. I have a massive soup pot, like a fucking cauldron. I make a big pot and leave it in the fridge, eating every day for dinner and often for snack too for up to a few weeks. Crock pots usually are not that large, so try a big soup pot. Additionally, pic related. Bake 5-8 mins @ 300F. I go through a few pans every week.

Not him, but I'm doing SS right now. Why is greyskull better? Isn't it just SS without squats pretty much? I was turned off by it because I want to spend more than 7 minutes at the gym

Sucks for you i guess. I mean i already understand that im weak for my weight in terms of lifter standards, but im fine with that because besides for maybe 2-3 months in the year i've been eating at a shitty weird maintenance. You're the prick in this thread desu, people love me (except my ex, but we aint gonna talk about that)

Shouldnt you freeze foods you dont eat within 4-5 days, i usually make 8 days worth and freeze 2 days worth if not 3, thaw one out as i eat the other.

Faster progression and autoregulation. Greyskull is literally a modified SS. Have no clue why you're saying less squatting. It's SS with neck harness work, curls, and AMRAP sets.
The voice of mediocrity speaks again.

>autoregulation
Not denying, just curious as to what you mean by this/why is GS better than other beginner programs for this?

maybe? I don't know, nothing I make usually goes sour until around 3 weeks (except for curries), at which point I throw it out. it could be the amount of spices I use, or the fact that the only thinks in my food I really cook are the meats and beans. there are several reasons why raw veggies last longer than cooked veggies, and most spices and herbs have weak anti-microbial properties (there's actually some really cool evolutionary research related to this on why we like spices and herbs so much).

>the only way to look good is to be BIG
keep telling yourself that.

plus my legs are huge, and I'm practically about as far from "hipster" as a person can get, in ever sense except for my haircut

plus plus, i'm not trying to get big - I'm trying to run a half marathon sub 1:05:00; of course I'm going to be skinny - insulting me by calling me small is like me trying to insult you by saying you're slow. i LITERALLY don't care.

AMRAP set means you take advantage of good and bad days.

The point is you're forgettable. Nobody mires your skinny average joe looking ass because everybody already has what you have and nobody gives two shits about marathons, especially women. Being tall as fuck and jacked makes you stand out, so when you and I walk into a room everybody pays attention to me and ignores you.

That's pretty sad, the fact that you only lift to not be forgettable. I lift because I love it and I like challenging myself. I'm unforgettable because of my qualities outside of the gym and that's what you should focus on too my dude.

1. i'm not doing it to stand out; i'm motivated by accomplishment, not others' opinions of me

2. even if I were: being able to run a sub-4:30min mile, being internationally competitive in a sport, being fucking amazing at what i do professionally, makes me stand out
3. i'm in damn good shape and genuinely get mired by men and women at the gym every time I go, to the point where I've been asked for my cell# by both sexes (admittedly more often men than women, but the guys see me in the locker room too, so several reasons why it would be more likely there)
(but 2 & 3 don't even matter, again, because 1)
4. the insecurity is flowing from your post

>only offers insults to others
>"pays attention to me"
>"ignores you"
>single-minded tendency/idealism

>textbook npd characters

you might want to see a therapist because this kind of thing, if it is serious, can escalate to be damaging to you mentally, and cause you to damage yourself physically