Ask me anything about metabolism, calories, and nutrition

ask me anything about metabolism, calories, and nutrition

someone once told me calories in calories out, what did they mean by this?

Would like to ask this here

What are your credentials?

calories eaten - calories burned = net calories

I'm convinced that alcohol doesn't have calories. No matter how much I drink or don't it doesn't affect my weight. There's no way a liquid (ethanol) can be converted into a solid (fat) it just doesn't work. Other liquids (juice, milk, soda) can become fat because they contain suspended solids (sugar mostly) whereas ethanol is a liquid lighter than water. It's a lie.

really fast

alcohol turns to acetate which turns to acetyl CoA.

acetyl CoA goes into the krebs cycle to form energy just like the product of glucose

college sophomore that just started biochem I.

I dont like to brag

Is it dangerous?

not anything you wont bounce back from

What is the ideal macronutrient split?

Why do black people smell so funny.

Just do PSMF instead of starving yourself. Your cals will probably be closer to 800-900 but it'll be way easier.

There probably isn't one. Your body can freely convert between fats, carbs, and proteins so it really shouldn't matter after you take in all the essential fat and amino acids you need

the liver is obligated to convert acetate (or you die). The singular fate of acetate is to become cellular ATP via the citric acid cycle. ethanol CANNOT be stored as fat. You cannot gain weight from driving alcohol.

convert ethanol to acetate*

What about this 'good fats bad fats' stuff? Is it right? Should you actually avoid eggs because cholesterol and stuff?

The ECA stack suppresses appetite. Does it have any effect on metabolic rate?

very minor according to the studies last I checked, like 200 cals or something. The appetite suppression is the main thing
This is retarded, fat can never be converted back to a carbohydrate unless you're some japanese guy doing in silico studies that wants to publish in a shit journal
probably accurate
kek