REEEEE I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE WHO ASK FOR ADVICE AND DON'T LISTEN

>have dumbass chubby friend
>eats 1000 calories a day with a diet of ramen and peanut butter
>"I really want to lift weights but I'm on a cut"
>tell him you can lift on a cut
>"Will I gain muscle?"
>tell him he might initially but he won't progress much
>"b-but scooby said there is a caloric range where I can do both!"
>he says he wants to bulk despite not being too satisfied with how "lean" he looks
>I'm 5'9 and eat 3200 calories a day
>friend is 5'11 and says his TDEE is along 2100
>tells me I'm eating too much and probably not counting my calories right

Other urls found in this thread:

sailrabbit.com/bmr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why are people so undisciplined?

Why do people think building a good body is easy?

Why are people expecting to look like Zyzz within a year?

You should be heading towards obese on 3200 lifting only 3 days a week. Your friend is right. Ree yourself nigga.

Checked

leave him

I stopped helping people a long time ago, OP. I think its best you save yourself the trouble and just let him do his retarded thing.

Just give advice once and if they choose to listen or not is up to them

Tell him to fuck off. Very clearly tell him he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about, and if he was, he wouldn't be a chubby dyel asking you for advice. He can take your advice or he can teach himself

He seems like a dull fool

>3200
>too much
Just how short/dyel are you to be able to bulk on fewer than 3200cal?
I'm 5'6 and bulk on more than 3000 a day

You're wrong. Going to the gym for 4-5 hours a week doesn't make up for lack of movement that takes place through the rest of the week.

This is a bait thread. You're either over-eating or you're counting wrong. I find it unlikely that you're walking 10,000+ steps a day.

>user, I just started this juice cleanse. how long until I lose 30 lbs?
>user, you shouldn't be drinking too many of those shakes, steroids are bad you know
>oooh user is eating veggies again

I never even told anyone I go to the gym. I don't even look like I lift.

>mfw someone mentioned I go to the gym and now all these questions/comments

:^)

Whew, he seems like he's pretty well informed. I can't imagine why he'd come to you, OP, He clearly has all the answers!

Abandon this normie retard. He is beyond help and doing whatever he can to rationalize his laziness.

>tfw 6'3, 220lbs
>4200 calories to bulk
Ive counted and I know im right. Im not even putting on weight quickly.

Let him do what he wants and laugh at him when he fails

This is why you need a fitbit (charge 2). Fucking family did nothing but say what I was doing was unhealthy and that "you can't possibly need all that food". All I had to do was show them my daily stats, where I was burning around 600 calories on rest days just walking at lunch and after work and 1k on gym days doing sprint cardio on treadmill and lifting.

Once they saw how much I was burning with actual statistics they shut the fuck up. Obviously I didn't buy myself the fitbit (got it from the only other healthy active family member for Christmas) and you don't need anyone's approval when you know you are right, but it certainly helped.

How is the fitbit m8? I considered buying one, but I wasn't sure that they make calories burned lifting accurately.

>Trying to help a new year lifter

I have one. I like it a lot, but the face is pretty soft and vulnerable to scratching. Both my Wife and Mother in law are happy eith theirs too.

The charge 2 is the only one I have experience with and it measures calories burned via heart rate (takes into account resting heart rate too). It only puts a name to cardio exercises (Will say Run: lasted 20 mins, burned 300 calories but won't say anything for lifting).

I believe it tracks exertion from lifting pretty well though, since on gym days there's a huge spike in the hour and a half I go where my heart rate is significantly increased on the daily graph. In the same vein it tracks calories burned well because on gym days if you have a meal plan set up (for gaining / losing weight) it tells you how much you can eat for that day, and after gym it increases heavily.

>going to the gym thrice a week
>doing a beginners routine
>being a beginner
>giving advice

Kys op

Whats your opinion of the charge 2, is it any good?

I've been using it since Christmas and I haven't had any problems with it, some people seem to have had various problems like it counting too many steps, recording exercise when there is none etc but I haven't experienced it.

>its a OP is dumb as fuck and trusts scoobys calorie calculator

kill yourself dumb newfag.

>tells me I'm eating too much and probably not counting my calories right
He's probably right. Unless you do physical work 3200 at your assumed 180lbs sounds like too much.
If you do physical work, then ignore that post.

Is this a new troll for NYRs? Why do you guys want people to get fat?

Maybe if you're babbyweight? At 5'9 thats really not a lot. I guess I'm not accounting for skellingtons.

I cant believe that "fewer" is a real word. Why dont u say less instead? Sounds like stupid ass motherfucker

He is fucking right though. His TDEE is around 2100-2300

Just calculate it sailrabbit.com/bmr/

>mfw you used Scooby's calorie calculator to know your TDEE

This is why people lose interest in healthier lifestyles. It's because morons like OP try to "help" and end up completely fucking up the person's routine and their perception of the lifestyle. Let the guy lose weight, OP. If he loses interest in this 3 months down the road then he'll at least be leaner and have something to be proud of, something which he can take photos of and look at in the future to reignite his interest.

If you try to make him gain muscle and he loses interest 3 months down the the road, then he'll look fatter than ever and his muscles wont even be noticeable. He'll never want to do this shit again.

He knows more about what he's doing than you do, OP. Leave him the fuck alone.

I know this because I was in his situation back in 2011. Everyone wanted to play personal trainer with me and it wasn't until I shut all of them out that I started to make actual progress.

Ask Stannis.

How is eating your TDEE a troll? Mine is 4,000 calories and I'm 5'5.
Those below 5'9 and who weigh less than 205 pounds should be eating at the bare minimum of 3,5000 calories a day to maximize their muscle growth.

tumblr is that way >>>

Life is so much easier this way.

If they ignore the advice the first time, from then on just tell them to do what they want/think, smile and then walk away.

Let him lose weight fast and get used to not stuffing his face, havig a fatty use their tdee is retarded unless they ar already an experienced and dedicated lifter.

You must be an office worker or something with such low TDEE. I, at 5'3, am eating 5000kcal a day. You gotta eat big to get big. There's no point in spinning the wheels in place and wasting your time.

6'4 210lbs and bulking on 3500 here.

Your friend is right about the calorie part. Pussy ass workouts 7 days a week will not require a 170lb king of manlets to consume 3k kcal to maintain. He'd gain weight at 2800 and become a fitfat very quickly at 3200+.

TM is 3 times a week and probably the hardest intermediate routine. Kill yourself

>completely fucking up the person's routine and their perception of the lifestyle.
His fat faggot friend doesn't have a routine for him to fuck up, and the normie's perception of what working out is or entails (10 minutes on the rowing machine, a few curls and some dumbell flies, maybe a single scoop of whey on top of their current shitty diet) is why they get such piss poor results and lose motivation.

Many/much
Fewer/less

>I'm 5'5.

>10,000+ steps a day

That's poverty tier, do you people even go out for walks, play sports, run errands in the city?

Not op but I'm 6'2" 168lbs I have to eat 4k calories to gain half a pound. My job requires me to walk 10 miles a day .l

cool story bro. I'm surprised you even weight 168lbs tho

weigh*

giving advice.. ever. haha problem is with you losers you are pushing your advice, not give. Give is just telling what you need to tell and forget about it. Pushing is when you start arguing and become butthurt if other person does not listen to your crappy advice. I never give advice, just tell what I do and well, tell aslo the indisputable fact of calories in calories out. It makes people lose their shit and then I just stop talking about it. This is how you talk to non-lifters.

6'2 and 195 lb give or take a few. I eat just to keep maintanence 3500 kcals, usually it is around 4k. And that is just to maintain my current weight while lifting 3 times a week. Yeah I do physical job but I am not construction worker even though I spend a lot of energy there too.

by the way, used to cut on 2000 kcals, now I think I could easily lean cut at 3000 kcals.

Holx shit that opened my eyes

but I often see a phrase "less people". Is that incorrect?

>just tell what I do
How is that meant to help a flabby retard who's never even seen a barbell?
>"What do I do? Well my fat, untrained friend, there's this program called smolov.."

My Fitbit says I burn 3,300cals a day on average. Is this high? It seems very high. I'm 5'10 and 155lbs, I try to eat 3kcal a day. Is this not going to gain me any weight?

>I hate people who ask for advice and dont listen
same OP, same.

just bought the blaze, pretty good first workout, gave a pretty accurate heartbeat.

I bought the blaze because i can also use it as a clock if i feel like it, feel free to ask any questions

>79 resting bpm
Time to get on the treadmill big fella

Read the sticky.
It's not just a funny meme we say.
Read the sticky.

haha yeah i saw that, i get sub 60 sometimes, but i just went to the kitchen downstairs. any goals i should set myself? and how to optimal reduce resting heartbeat?

yeh i have this aswell.

>>user, you shouldn't be drinking too many of those shakes, steroids are bad you know
EVERY TIME JFC

Look up uncountable nouns

>I pretend my tdee is my dbz power level so I e-stat it by 75%

It's actually not very hard to need 3000+ calories. Especially if you need to bulk. All you have to do is increase LBM or increase the amount of time you workout. I increased the calculator to 5-6 hours of strenuous exercise. Which isn't that too far off of a bro split or a 3 day powerlifting routine + couch to 5k.

Im doing 1500 cal a day and im not counting them very accurately so its more like 1900 im 6'0" and 252 pounds ive gone down frkm 275 byt i think i platoed what do i do?

Shouldn't be telling people how many calories to eat overall, you should be telling them how much to eat over maintenance.

I wouldn't listen to your stupid ass giving arbitrary numbers either. Gotta learn to do it yourself.

Do them accurately, if it could be 1900 it could be anything desu. If you set yourself too strict a goal without enough discipline you won't reach it buddy.

>If you set yourself too strict a goal without enough discipline you won't reach it buddy.
>333
good trips

my current tdee is like 2400 from the online calculator i should still be in a deficit but im not going under 250

whoops not tdee i mean bmr

Is this some new meme? I tracked my daily calories and weight change for 6 months to get my TDEE and scooby's calculator is within 40 kcal of that number. Certainly good enough for a starting point.

Fucking brosplitting DYEL.

5'6 and your tde 4000? uh i dont think so little guy. im 5'7 and my tde is around 2000

A mature answer on 4chins. What happened?

Fucking up a completely broken and incorrect perception of the lifestyle is fine. If someone is fucking up and you're their friend, you should correct them.

Lifting every day is shit normies say when they feel motivated for approximately two minutes after New Years before they get burnt out before they've truly started.

>I'm 5'6 and bulk on more than 3000 a day
Honest question. How do you do it?
Im 5'10 and exercise 5 times a week and never manage to eat more than 2400 cals

i gained lots of muscle on a cut as a dyel, tell your friend he's dumb

went from chubby to dyel-ottermode

Nothing happened. Just frustrated with how much of my time invested in helping people only to get complaints about not looking like Arnold already. So fuck it, not my problem anymore.

dude mind your own fucking business. you tried to "help" he's made it clear he doesn't trust your "expert" opinion that much, so move on with your lives and stop telling my man what to do because you clearly don't know all that much more than him.

What calculator can I use for this

How'd you do it? I'm trying to drop 10 kg over the next 4 months and up my lifts. I'm still a beginner (100 kg dead x 5, 70 kg squat x 5, 55 kg rows/bench x 5, 45 kg OHP x 5) so it should be possible, right?

When will they learn

>someone likes your results
>asks you for advice
>DUDE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

>How'd you do it?
got into more of a routine of getting to the gym
swapped shit foods for more wholesome stuff, not 'clean' but much better than what i was eating
didn't even touch cardio but probably should have

pic

There's an option for weights if you scroll through. On mine I hit the side button three times to get to the exercise menu. Then tap the screen once to change "Run" to "Weights.". Then hold in the side button again to start the timer. It will intelligently track your calorie burn based on the exercise you select. The are options for a run, weights, treadmill, cycling, and more.

TL;DR - Read the manual.

3 or 4 normal/sizes meals a day, each followed a shaker of milk (so about 2 litres total) then some sort of high calorie shake before I go to bed, I like progain because it tastes good.

That sounds doable
Thanks user

>>got into more of a routine of getting to the gym
Not that guy, but what do you mean by this?

Wew lad, mirin your progress and resolve

You're an inspiration to fatties and I'm a twig

No

Literally all you've done is lost weight.

>Scooby was meme'd so hard people actually listen to Mr. Skateboard squats now.

He is right. You're wrong OP