Now that the dust has settled, what division of lifting has the most autistic people?

Now that the dust has settled, what division of lifting has the most autistic people?

>Bodybuilding
>Weightlifting
>Power-lifting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
youtube.com/watch?v=p3vR-OFazyU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have to have everything to a fine autistic detail in bodybuilding, so it gets my vote

Powerlifting. Just look around you.

Bodybuilding for sure. It also has the dumbest and most narcissistic people.

Weightlifting is the master race, there are 5 phds and one medical doctor in my oly gym. And it's a tiny gym with very few members.

+1 upboated

I made this for /plg/, seems relevant here

Bodybuilding. So much broscience

Punttipojat?

No. I'm from the UK.

you need to flip the roid line so more autism=more roids

atm it looks like olympians and strongmen arnt autistic

so muhammad then

I've seen most autistic people complaining about roids and claiming muh purity, while veterans of lifting tend to care a lot less and accept it at the elite levels

powerlifters, what the fuck is the point of lifting heavy if you don't even look good? you set useless achievements and milestones for yourself like lifting an extra metal circle on a metal rod and to anybody other than yourself you are just a dullard. what will this strength achieve for you? even powerlifters will get destroyed by actual boxers and mma fighters in a real fight. Mike Tyson would easily defeat any of your strongest powerlifters.

at the end of the day, a powerlifter is nothing more than a depressing, bald dwarf. Casual weightlifters see you doing your 6 plate "deathlifts" and laugh with their qt gfs who know anyone who takes lifting heavy seriously is a colossal faggot.

Real bodybuilding is king autist mode

Failed bodybuilding which is most of Veeky Forums is normie mode

Weightlifting is normie with a purpose mode

Powerlifting is a mix between autist and homo mode

Better?

meanwhile weightlifters can be both strong AND look good. they also have more mobility and functional strength than powerlifters.

Plus doing the Olympic lifts and their variations is fun.

t. someone who has never trained at an oly gym

They look like unaesthetic T rexes

I hate the term 'weightlifting' because all three of these include it. Isn't that supposed to be olympic lifting?

People call it oly because weightlifting has become such a general term, but the actual sport name is just weightlifting.

weightlifting is easily the most autistic. it takes months of doing cleans and snatches under a coach to have good enough form and technique to actually be able to start progressing, and even then you progress at glacial paces.

Anything Veeky Forums likes and recommends.

I wana say powerlifting just based on Veeky Forums but Conner Murpheys videos make me think bodybuilders may be prime candidates too.

No it doesn't.

This

>I'm a pretty princess
May as well start wearing make up, you literal faggot.

Most people would prefer to look like Clarence Kennedy and most women prefer men to look like that.

maybe if you want to get hurt lol.

Bodybuilding > Strongman > Lolfed powerlifting > IPF powerlifting = Weightlifting > IPF bench only

From most to least acoustic.

>you're going to get hurt with light weights
What sort of retard gets hurt snatching 60kg.

>what is a wooden stick or empty bar

>Roids

The kind of retard that hasn't practiced them for months and doesn't know how to properly bail if he messes up during it. Or the kind of retard that doesn't do dynamic stretches for 15 minutes and 5 sets of snatches beforehand. Or the kind of retard that didn't have a coach to teach him so he doesn't know how to properly hold the weight overhead because no one told him that holding it overhead is all in the core and hips, you fucking retard.
Hence the obsessive, borderline autistic, form practicing.

>Hence the obsessive, borderline autistic, form practicing

Or you can be smart and use it as a general warm up or as active recovery.

There is a large emphasis on technique, because unlike powerlifting and bodybuilding, it's an actual sport.

It is literally not in a single way any different from powerlifting.

Bodybuilding is another matter.

It's completely different to powerlifting

powerlifting

We're talking about the most autistic type of lifters, not about programming.
And there's a much higher chance of injury involved in olympic lifts.

Literally the only difference is the events.

Even the training is somewhat similar and two of the best coaches both have a background in weightlifting.

>autistic people who look good
>autistic people who might look good
>autistic people who are obese

bodybuilders are probably the least terrible.

>nd there's a much higher chance of injury involved in olympic lifts.
No there isn't. Olympic lifting has some of the lowest injury rates out of any olympic event, and its injury rates are lower than powerlifting.

Because the people competing have been lifting for years and have perfect form. Are you going to try and tell me that a clean and jerk has lower chance of injury than a deadlift or squat when it incorporates both of them?

Also, just so you don't try to misconstrue it, by years I mean more than a decade.

>We're talking about the most autistic type of lifters, not about programming.

I meant that, if you're trying to learn the olympic lifts by yourself, you can do them with a stick or a bar for a while before your general work out as a warm up or as active recovery through the week. Until you get comfortable adding some weight.

If by somewhat similar you mean 'has one overlapping movement that is trained entirely differently' then yes.

The clean and jerk is done at a much lower weight than a deadlift. The sort of weights a newb will be doing clean and jerks at will be nowhere near their max deadlift or squat.

I mean in the structure of the training as well as emphasis on technical work.

You're probably a novice who thinks Rippetoe is powerlifting though.

Even the structure of the training is significantly different. There's fuck-all similarities beyond them both being barbell sports.

Reminder that if you do not compete in powerlifting you are not a powerlifter.

>Veeky Forums "powerlifters" BTFO

>Now that the dust has settled
Whatever you are.

>both 4-6 days/week depending on level
>both generally low rep for competition movements, lots of sets
>both make liberal use of partial movements
>both generate a lot of volume from accessory movements
>most training is done at relatively low intensity
"ok"

1 is so broad as to be useless, since that range happens to encompass the vast majority of sports full stop.
2 is false - oly uses that, PL generally does not (unless you're playing very loose with what constitutes 'low' reps)
3. True of some oly systems, not really true of powerlifting outside of equipped and that's only a few percent of competitors
4. Depends entirely on which systems you're looking at.
5 Again, true of basically every sport ever.

>is false - oly uses that, PL generally does not (unless you're playing very loose with what constitutes 'low' reps)
We certainly do do that, work sets generally sets of 1-3, 10+ sets.
>3. True of some oly systems, not really true of powerlifting outside of equipped and that's only a few percent of competitors
Bog standard everywhere to make liberal use of block pulls, board presses, box squats, pulls to knees etc.

Equipped is also not a small percentage of competitors lol, equipped is still bigger than classic.
>Depends entirely on which systems you're looking at.
All of the successful, modern systems are like this, Dietmar Wolf (background in weightlifting), Boris Sheiko (also background in weightlifting), Mike Tuchscherer.

>olympics
>not the congregation of the roid monkeys
top fucking zozzle

>i wanna wank off to myself in the mirrow
vs
> i wanna be like the ancient greeks, on steroids
vs
>i got touched down there when i was small and weak

so im voting for bodybuilders

Never looked at it that way

>implying they aren't all equally autistic in their own way

What Veeky Forums wants to believe is autistic ; bodybuilding.

What is actually autistic : power-lifting.

Look at your gym for example, all the incels are ugly powerlifters, all the bodybuilders are chad-tier.

Chad isn't a bodybuilder, he just trains for sports.

I also feel like this is a thing that more applies to USAPL, where it's largely autistics lifting on their own, while in other countries it's largely well-adjusted normal people and like being part of any other sports team.

Why can't I find a weightlifting thread desu ka?

Bodybuilding has the most insecure people usually holding onto something from the past.

Power-lifting is for autists who like to feel pain from moving heavy shit.

I don't know enough about weightlifters so I can't comment.

>no calisthenics/gymnastics
>no weighted calisthenics

from least to most autistic:

1. oly lifting . good for overall athleticism and high skill cap. u can still look good

2. bodybuilding. incredibly demanding in diet and training intensity. okay for overall athleticism. can become bad for you taken to the extreme. makes u look amazing

3. powerlifting. again, okay for overall athleticism. almost no skill required, pure strength sport. makes u look like shit in higher weight classes

honestly none of these are that bad imo

>strongmen aren't roided
What did he mean by this?

>roids vs roids vs Roids

All a bunch of winners

Where is the weightlifting general?

>makes u look like shit in higher weight classes
This really only goes for elite SHWs and beginners in 105 or 120.

Lifting is like high school.

Real bodybuilding is dedicated cultist mode. You get actual respect, but people just assume that's the only thing you are. Most respected by normies. The Chad of exercise.

Powerlifting isn't respected by anybody unless you're breaking world records. In public, people will just think you're fat. Not really respected by anyone. Other athletes will criticize you for thinking unpacking 405 pounds to slightly bend your elbows to 'bench' the few inches of ROM you have is retarded, and normies don't care. The frog poster/autists of exercise: only socialize with people within their own 'circle' and can't really escape that.

Weightlifting is the most respected among athletes. Strict discipline and rules. Everything has to be right. The nerds of exercise. They do things to discrete precision and aim to be accurate and excel.

Crossfitters are the kids that used to nyah in public and run like Naruto through the halls.

ded sport

/thread

I'm a weightlifter. I have competed and train at an oly gym.

It's pretty autistic desu, but not as autistic as powerlifting.

Powerlifting by a long shot senpai

What the public thinks of the none famous ones?

>>Bodybuilding
Narcissists and homosexuals
>>Weightlifting
Chads, thugs and the occasional athletes
>>Power-lifting
Fat fucks and closet queers
>>Crossfit
Culitist retards who'll end up crippled
>>Calisthenics
Ghetto workouts, junglegym monkeys, and chads who want to work out but wants people to be impressed by his workouts.

pls

No seriously. Thread disappeared from this board because no body cares anymore and all the big stars got popped for gear.

>Bodybuilding
>"Why do you lift?"
>"To emphasize muscle definition."
>"For what purpose?"
>"Purely aesthetics"
>"What separates you from the weightlifters?"
>"The trenbolone and DNP."

>Weightlifting
>"Why do you lift?"
>"To get stronger."
>"For what purpose?"
>"Mostly aesthetics."

>Powerlifting
>"Why do you lift?"
>"To get as strong as possible."
>"For what purpose?"
>"To lift bigger weights."

>Athletes
>"Why do you lift?"
>"For specialty strength training."
>"For what purpose?"
>"To improve my ability to play my sport effectively."

Athletes have the only rational goal.

>p-powerlifters are athletes!

No. Their "sport" is what real athletes do to train for a real sport.

>most attractive
>most casual
>most masculine

>Bodybuilding
>Powerlifting
>Weightlifting

One of these are in the Olympics, the other's arent.

Powerlifting isn't in the olympics. The lifting in the olympics is specific lifts referred to as olympic lifts.

Powerlifting is the bullshit you see in strongman tournaments, where idiots destroy their knees and hip joints to deadlift 1500lbs.

There is one category of lifter that permeates through every olympic event in both summer and winter olympic games. They're called athletes.

He meant weightlifting... Fag.

Literally what the fuck is the difference between a power lifter and a weight lifter

The lifts.

That's like asking what the difference between a sprinter and marathon runner is.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

here you go.

Pic related is a weightlifter, while this vid shows an example of a powerlifter youtube.com/watch?v=p3vR-OFazyU

one lifts weights, the other lifts power

To take the high school analogy

Bodybuilding is for the scally cool kids
Weightlifting is for the clever cool kids
Cross fit is for the unpopular music hipsters
Powerlifting is for the fat unpopular kids
Strong man is for that one massive dumb as fuck kid in every year group.
Cardio is for nerds

There sorted

That's actually what you're supposed to do, coaches will have you do them with pvc piping until he thinks you have good enough form to do them with weight.
You can still heavily injure yourself with 135 if you drop it on your neck or you're not properly warmed up and can't get deep enough to catch the weight.

Powerlifting>Bodybuilding>Weightlifting in terms of autism. Powerlifters are among the most insecure people I've ever met, and explains 99.99% of Veeky Forums.

>You can still heavily injure yourself with 135 if you drop it on your neck or you're not properly warmed up and can't get deep enough to catch the weight.
I'm assuming people in this thread have at least an average iq.

You say that but there are people who fuck their shit up by not squatting or deadlifting properly even though they're mechanically simple.

Powerlifters may be autistic, but bodybuilders are far more insecure.

Who gives a fuck. Let people enjoy what they enjoy.