/qtddtot/

I see a lot of older/middle-aged guy deadlifting a lot more than I would. It isn't surprising considering that I've been only lifting for three months.

What is weird however that they lunge their hips forward, and their torso back, like they would do some fucking matrix bullet-time, while I just go back to 90 degree with the ground.

Am I doing it wrong, or they do? What's the idea behind their form?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gRVjAtPip0Y
strengtheory.com/more-is-more/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You mean they are just pushing their hips forward and exaggerating the lockout at the top of the Deadlift?

Yeah they overextend their backs, which is not good.
DO put your hips forward to lock out properly and keep your shoulder back and down.

5'10 here. Usually around what weight should I be to be considered ottermode (min-max range)?

like 160-170 maybe

how wide should I hold the barbell during bench press?

youtube.com/watch?v=gRVjAtPip0Y

I've been doing the couch to 5k thing for over one week now, along with one hour of stretching. Getting up today, I'm very unmotivated to do the usual work. I don't have the usual vitality to do the stretches or the running. I'm forcing myself to slog through it, but I just want to lie down and rest.

Is this normal? Are 'rest days' an essential aspect of exercise programs? I feel taking the day off is not acceptable.

im 60kg/6ft, wanna get fit. read Veeky Forums sticky, 'starting strength' seems like a good starting point (unsurprisingly). but there's no way i'm going to a gym -- are there any feasible routines i can do from home w/ minimal equipment? any guide on buying non-shit stuff for cheap? hope i dont sound too newfag, thanks.

The last inches of pull ups are really hards , I can't retract scapula during l-sits , even when I tryc to retract scapula as much as possible there is still a lot of spaces betweens thems .

Is it related to weak rhomboid or tight chest ?

Are going to the movies as a first date really cliche? Should I just ask for a study session (both in college) instead? She'll probably say no though.

You absolutely need rest days ( especially if on a cut or weak/unfit )

How to stop cumming fast? Does kegels help?

Coffee or drinks. Can't talk during a film bro

Why not go to the gym?

does condoms with anesthetic helps?

Best whey protein for women?
I see a lot of grills using pic related.
And what other suplements are good for women?

Thanks, man!

TDEE Calcs give me anything from 2100 to 2700 kcal as maintenance. Should I just average it and go from there?

>5'10"
>190
>21 years
>dude
>Don't work out much yet

Main goal is weight loss. I'm poor as fuck right now so can't afford gym but started a bodyweight routine just to try to actually be doing something.

Also, is 1800 kcal/day too low for cutting with my stats?

>Weigh 213/97kg.
>6'/183cm tall.
>Probably around 27-30%BF.
>Decide to go on a much needed cut after hitting 1/2/3/4.
>TDEE calculators give me a value of 2500kcal per day. I am fairly sedentary and am going for intensity over volume during my cut, so that seems about right.
>Cut on a 1000kcal deficit, so that should yield just under 4kg of weight loss per month.
>Still eat a decent amount of sodium and carbs.
>After two months I've lost 11kg/22lbs. Waist went down 3''. Bench went from 100kg to 95.
Are the extra 3kg I've lost down to water and glycogen or did the TDEE have a 400kcal margin of error? How much muscle can I expect to lose in proportion to fat if I still lift and eat at -1000kcal?

>You absolutely need rest days ( especially if on a cut or weak/unfit )
How many rest days, is there a ratio? The C25K thing states three sessions a week, but I've been doing it every day, occasionally twice daily.

Same age and height but I weight 175 and mine is 2180, so i guess its a bit above that, like 2250 max. To cut you should go 300-500 kcal under maintainance

Literally doesn't matter as long as you're not allergic to anything. MyProtein or the wall-mart stuff are cheap and do the trick. Also supps work the same for women and men:
>BCAAs are a waste of money.
>Whey is good from a practical perspective but not essential unless you hate eating stuff like chicken breasts/cottage cheese etc.
>Creatine gives you about 5% more gains and is very cheap. Often will result in a bit of bloating though.
>Fish-oil will help with joints and hormone levels if your diet is lacking in essential fats.
>A good multi will plug any dietary gaps, especially on a cut. Absorption rates and dosages are a bit lower than when you take separate vits/mins, but you'll save a ton of money and it does the job if your diet is a bit off and not a complete train-wreck.

A bit, but if it's mental then it won't make much of a difference.

Why is doing a full body workout 3 times a week bad? I'm sure it is, I just want to know why. I go to the gym every second day and do the following:

Squats 3 x 8 @ 70kg
Bench 5 x 5 @90kg (1 rep max 105kg)
Chinup 3 x 8

No it's not bad if your recovery is on point

It's not bad if you're a beginner, in fact it's the most recommended option: SS, SL, GSLP, RP are all in that vein.

If you're an intermediate you can still go for it, but you need to periodize by varying intensities. Ala TM.

Alternate those three with DL, OHP and Rows, otherwise you'll end up with imbalances.

What's a good sign that you should stop cutting (too low weight)? When your lifts start getting lower? Or is that normal? A certain % lower maybe?

You've kind of answered your own question there, haven't you?

Most problems that happen during a cut can be fixed by adjusting your training, diet or deficit.

That being said, once you go below 8%BF (for men) you're bound to get into trouble and should probably not go under that for too long. Otherwise it's a question of what your goals are and what you're happy with - baring any serious health issues.

What's 'TM' mate?

Well, it's not like I can continuously accurately measure my BF% when I want to cut. I am (or about to be "was") skinnyfat, so I bulked first so I could have something to actully lose. Problem is I'll still probably have to go way too low in weight to get the BF% I want, so I was wondering if there was an easier way to know when to stop -- like, if I'm lifting 25% less as an example with a proper cutting diet, I assume I've lost too much, but I'm assuming there's an earlier point where I should stop.

live in the middle of nowhere. would be more time efficient instead of driving + time at gym. plan to move soon, but dont want to use that as an excuse to not start working out now.

I started squatting a year ago and had not so good form most of the time. About 6 months ago my knees started to hurt a bit but I didn't take a break. The pain is most intense at 90° and is absent at the bottom and while standing/walking.

A month ago I drastically improved my form and started doing olympic ATG squats. I could do them painfree since there's not much pressure at 90° and upped squatting frequency to twice a week with heavy weight + low reps + many sets. The intense pain at the parallel position persisted though even when just holding my bodyweight there.

Now 3 days ago while squatting I got a sharp pain in my right kneecap (see pic), way worse than what I had before. Hurts like hell in the angles I described in the beginning even at the slightest load. My guess is I overdid it with squatting while never letting my knees recover. I'll take a break from leg training for a week and see what happens.

Does anyone have an idea what exactly could be damaged? Tips to help it and experiences greatly appreciated too.

meant for

Truste and the program when it tells you how much to do. 3 times a week is definitely enough.

I want my form checked for squats, should I film it from the back or the sides?

Both would be optimal.

How should I change my routine when going on a cut?

From the side, directly in-line with the barbell, so the barpath can be properly seen.

I drive 40 minutes to my gym every day bro. get on my level.

I think he means Texas Method and it's fucking great.

nice meem

TM is trash m8. Too low volume on bench/ohp/deadlift.

If you want a good 3 day program do building the monolith instead.

Patellar tendonitis. Might be chronic if you had it for such a long time. Do some research on it.

Can someone fill me in on the routine slang?
Like intensity, volume etc

Yeah, go from low volume to literally "dude volume lmao!".

pls be in london

Volume is king though what's your point? Yeah it's hard to do a lot of stuff but that's what will get you the best results. It's hard in the beginning for a beginner but you get used to it and good programs like sheiko, 531, gzcl are actually designed to make you stronger in the long run.

I'm not getting sore muscles anymore, and I honestly loved it because it felt like progress. I've read online that you're body gets used to it and slowly becomes less and less. My muscles do get sore but not at that sweet spot, you know? When it's not an issue but still feels sore.

How do I get passed this? Is there any other way that you can "feel" your muscles getting bigger over time?

Judging the quality of a workout based on DOMS is a terrible measure either way. Because you can get DOMS from doing anything at the gym. Judging based on something like an amrap set makes a lot more sense. Either way, if you want to get DOMS again just take a 2 week break lol.

>BCAAs are a waste of money

Only if you're one of those retards who sips them all the time rather than bolus'ing them at the midway point between meals like you're supposed to.

recovering hikki here
I'm being more independent of myself (like looking for part time jobs, cleaning my room, making my meals, etc.)

Reading the sticky, I started with diets which is running smoothly (started a week ago).

I'm concerned about exercise because I haven't exercised in literally years. I get a winded/tired after walking for 10 min so I'm very unhealthy.
What should I do or how should I tackle this? Do I start with walking for 20 min a day? and gradually increase it until 40, and when I hit 40 can I go to the gym?
Should I see the doctor also?

I've been lifting at home for around a year and a half. I recently haven't been feeling so good and went to my homegym and thought "What's the point?"
Do I just push on through this and try to lift when I feel like I don't want to?

doing SS, finally starting to add accessories.

If I wanted to add situps/weighted situps, chin ups, and dumbbell curls to my workouts, what days should each fall on?

>How should I change my routine when going on a cut?
More intensity, less volume. Beginner/early-intermediate programmes work great for maintenance on a cut for advanced lifters.

TM is an early intermediate routine, it is great for that. MRV is a very real thing for natties.

I'd much rather drink a glass of milk or eat an extra slice of meat the meal before. Your amino buffers (stomach, gut linings, liver, blood levels) aren't nearly as puny as sup compaines want you to believe.

Best thing would be to go to a doc and get yourself checked to asses the damage. Or failing that just take it easy, especially on your joints: Cycling is better than running, swimming is better than cycling. Don't do anything involving jumping.

Most people get burnt-out with lifting after about a year or two, mix things up for a while: take up a MA or do rock-climbing or do gymnastics or at least try a completely new routine.

It's all in the book, also all over the internet.

You're still misunderstanding how BCAAs work.

Meals containing the requisite amount of leucine can spike plasma amino acid levels high enough to cause muscle protein synthesis roughly every 3 hours. Inside that period your response to protein is blunted (protein refractory period). However, BCAAs are freeform and uptaken extremely quickly because they're not bound to anything, and they can spike amino levels high enough to cause another bout of MPS within this refractory period if taken about an hour to an hour and a half after a meal. This won't happen with whole food.

I havent gone to the gym in like 3 weeks cuz vacation why the fuck are my traps sore from doing nothing at home

That reaction is temporary: in the (very) short run it works well - in the long run PMS normalizes fairly quickly. The overall effect is very minimal and not worth the money, in my opinion, unless you're a pro athlete where grams on the kilo make a difference.

Why is it that when I'm on a treadmil I can run for hours, but once I'm running outside I can only run for a few minutes?

>Injury.
>Poor posture.
>Refereed pain.
>Old injury flaring up.

That move is just to try to pull heavier and neglect form, kind of how when you see people rock their back when doing heavy curls. Old people be fuckin up, just lock out, thats proper form.

Because the treadmill moves under you, the planet doesn't. Well it does but not nearly as fast.
You have to propel yourself forward on your own when outside, on the treadmill it does half the work for you.

Because the steady predictable motion of the belt is very different from propelling yourself on a stationary surface, especially if you have problems with maintaining an efficient stride. It's also a lot less punishing on your joints and tendons. Then there's weather that is probably less ideal than an AC'd gym, maybe you have allergies to various pollen or other stuff outside.

Which one of these would I fit into if I lifted for an hour 5 days a week, but was otherwise a NEET?

Not really a lot of volume, thats what 90-120 minutes a week tops? I'd add more to your routine, either reps or exercises.

So if I run with an incline will it help me out in the real world? I just like running inside a lot more than outside.

I can't seem to eat at a deficit for long periods, what foods should i be eating to fill me up so i don't eat like a fat fucking horse? What about keto? Can i really eat like a fat fucking horse and still lose? Is low carb god tier?

Probably option 2. But it's not a big deal: after a couple weeks see how much your weight has changed, do the math and adjust calories.

Might be a torn meniscus

The best way to get good at running outside is to do just that, as pointed out - it's two quite different things, both from an exertion standpoint and from the stride required. Incline running will help with approximating the exertion better, but the stride is still not the same.

Both. There are good routines (mostly yoga and stretching) to fix either, just google. Also look into strengthening your back.

>I'm doing the program wrong and it's not working can someone tell me why

jesus christ, I mean everyone starts somewhere but come on user

The effect is probably similar to optimizing meal timing. I.e. getting 5 meals instead of 2 or 3 (assuming they contain the same macronutrients altogether), in that it's not as important as caloric load or macros, but subjectively I notice some benefit.

Also depends on how cheap you get your BCAAs. I get 1kg, which is 200 5g servings, for £16. If I had to pay a lot more than that (like some people do), I would agree that they're not worth the cost, just like if creatine wasn't as dirt cheap as it is.

Has lifting helped you guys in dealing with your depression?

If I lift with dumbbells doing a circuit, not worrying about optimal gains, just lifting for fun, is it ok that my 3 sets of 8 are done in 10-30 minutes, depending on what exercises I do that particular day?
Also, how do I explain to my parents that protein shakes (1 when I lift only as a reward) are not the reason I've still got a couple of lbs of belly fat, no other "fat" on me.

>Meal 3
>2 Double Cheeseburgers
>French Fries

Gets me every time.

a little bit

keto will make your workouts miserable you need carbs. Eat salads, pickles, saurkraut for example. Drink a lot of water and coffee.

Apt comparison: BCAAs and spreading out macros more (past 3 or so meals) has about the same effect: at first it gives dramatic results when tested even with muscle biopsy, but during longer studies it shows very, very little difference in LM gains. The body probably adjusts, but the exact mechanism is not quite well understood as far as I know. Also 16pounds for a kilo? Damn, that only slightly more expensive than myprotein where I live, and much cheaper than optimum.

Yes, medically proven to help more than medication in the long run for all but the most serious cases. Cleaning up your diet, regular sleep and getting some regular cardio and anaerobic work is salve for the soul. Of course, if you have a real serious congenital problem then it can help only so much.

MRV is a meme. Just like more than 1x5 deadlifts will wreck your CNS is a meme. If you push yourself you'll realize it's possible to do those programs as an early intermediate.

Check out 2suns 531 lp, GZCL LP, Sheiko intermediate medium load. Any early intermediate could do these programs if they just pushed themselves a little. But if you want mediocre gains go ahead and do TM. Maybe you'll reach a 2pl8 bench in 2 years!

This, keto will make most people miserable when paired with heavy exercise. Just eat a balanced diet: 1.45g/kgLM of protein, 1.1g/kgLM of fats, and whoever many carbs you can stick in without going over your allotment.

>MRV is a meme.
>Talks about programmes with fatigue management ie. any programme that isn't utterly retarded.
You're a colossal fucking retard.

Should I eat at maintenence for a week after a cut or go straight to surplus? I've been averaging about 1k a day, maintenance would be 1.7k.

The endorphine rush and sense of achievement from lifting heavy weight and runner's high cleared up anything that wasn't down to congenital brain chemistry. So while I am still a miserable faggot, it's waaayyyy better now in comparison in regards to brain fog and looming sense of dread.

Maintain for a week or two. Going straight to a big surplus will have you feel like shit depending on how your body reacts.

Cool, thanks. Feels weird, almost wrong to finally be able to eat more than 1000 a day.

How do I make the endorphin feeling last longer? I feel pretty good after a good work out, but those good feels quickly fade away.

smoke weed after gym before bed

like 3 or 4

I have a maintenance of 2500 so I couldn't even imagine lmao

Looking forward to next time, noting down any achievements you made in the workout and preening over it even if you are dyel, finishing off with a bit of LISS cardio, having sex (NOT fapping), smiling at yourself in the mirror like a huge faggot because it provokes your brain to associate the endorphine rush with rewarding happy feelings.

I stopped smoking weed a long time ago. I found it to make my depressing worse.

not recommended in the long run. even though I smoke myself, this is a downward spiral

My gym has DBs on 5kg increments, but has micro plates of 1.25kg. Is it ok to tie up a micro plate to the DB? I feel that 5kg per hand is too much of a increment (in fact it is, I tried it)

Yes. I too progress with 2,5kg (i.e. one 1,25 per side) because while I technically could stomach 5kg increments in terms of strength, it ruins my form for the first few tries.

I used to have huge issues with skipping responsibilities and shit to smoke weed but I switched to only smoking a hit or two on the way to the gym and afterwords and falling asleep practically immediately after I got home and I have yet to see any negatives aside from a lighter wallet.

weed won't fix depression but it sure does make you cozy right before bed so you're not thinking of shit and staying up for hours stressing and fucking with the 8 hours you should be getting

5kg is way too much of a jump for most DB work.
Even 2.5kg can be too much for stuff like lateral raises, you usually do rep progression + 2.5kg increments - no one will bat an eye or think it's rude.

I just ate three of those new baby bacon egg and cheese sandwiches from Sonic.

How am I doing on on my cut?

THC fucks with your REM sleep and thus gains in the long run. I do see your point though, I was there myself. I still like to blaze occasionally before heavy volume sets because I can get into the zone more easily, no h8 m8

>asking for dietary help from an autism chat room

I meant MRV is a meme within the context of your post, that a beginner-intermediate can't handle volume.

strengtheory.com/more-is-more/

>when should I rest
>the program says four days a week
>but I decided to ignore it and sometimes make it even worse by doing it twice a day
>hurr

If you want to push yourself try improving your times faster, or maaaaaybe even try 4 sessions a week, but stop fucking it all up

>unironically quoting strengtheory

That said, his logic is sound, just not the holy grail for newbs.