When did you guys realise that back squats are a meme and that hack squats and leg press are superior for leg...

When did you guys realise that back squats are a meme and that hack squats and leg press are superior for leg development?

Other urls found in this thread:

steinhardt.nyu.edu/scmsAdmin/uploads/006/008/Gullet et al 2009 - J Strength & Conditioning Research.pdf
strengtheory.com/high-bar-and-low-bar-squatting-2-0/?_ga=1.250213382.1633395890.1481991142
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

superior for quad development, maybe. the back squat trains a lot more than just your quads.

>hack squats and plunger press are superior for leg development
Fixed

Just now
Your shitpost convinced me to never touch a barbell again
Thanks user

>shitpost
>implying it isn't the truth

>g-g-guys please affirm my excuse for not don't back squats

Front squat if you want quad development

How does one legged leg press compare to normal leg press?

I can't be bothered messing with loads of plates.

>>g-g-guys please affirm my excuse for not don't back squats

I do back squats you slag

What if I want big quads and a big ass but don't really want big hamstrings?

Should I do front squats and glute bridges?

>2017
>People still don't realize magazine articles with routines of pro bodybuilders are actually programs written by ghost writers who have no idea what they're talking about

>mfw I want to be a ghost writer but I'm not a good writer

Can I hire a ghost writer to act as a ghost writer for my ghost writing?

>what if I want muscular imbalance that will fuck my shit up over time?
What if, indeed?

Friendly reminder there is NO significant difference in muscle activation between squat styles under submaximal loads. This means front, high bar, and lowbar. The only difference is leverage advantages with high bar and moreso lowbar that let you move more weight.

If anything under loads that are a higher % of your 1rm, front squats have the most spinal erector activation and lowbar squats have the least.

>doing squats at all

I sure do love being a cripple when I hit my 40s like dorian and ronnie!

>train like a retard (bodybuilder roided up to the eyeballs)
>get crippled

Gee I wonder what the more likely culprit is.

>squatting is safe, but only if you squat 1 plate at most

ok, that makes sense.

>lowbar squats have the least

I don't get this. Lowbar has your back at more of a disadvantage in leverage than a front squat, so wouldn't it demand more spinal erector activation to keep your back straight?

No it's more like.

>Whatever training you do is safe as long as you listen to your body. If you feel pain beyond the level of discomfort while training you should stop. The only back injuries that are truly permanent are herniated discs, but even then you can still work around them and continue to squat and deadlift very heavy loads so long as you are careful.

Lol how fuckibg pathetic are you?

If you fail your front squat squat, it's normally because your back rounded and you lost the rack position because your spinal erectors couldn't keep you upright. If you fail a back squat it's probably because your hips drifted too far away from under the bar, which put them at a mechanically disadvantageous position. Under light loads, it's about even though.

steinhardt.nyu.edu/scmsAdmin/uploads/006/008/Gullet et al 2009 - J Strength & Conditioning Research.pdf

strengtheory.com/high-bar-and-low-bar-squatting-2-0/?_ga=1.250213382.1633395890.1481991142

Scroll down to #2 here.

After hitting 4 plate squat 6 months ago I stopped squatting too.

I instead do hack squats & sumo diddies combined.
Less stress on my back, as I do quite some crazy deadlift sets the day before.

for me its more glute activation, especially cuz you can go way deeper. i personally leg press 160kg for about 10 reps, and when i finish a leg day with one-leg press i use only 20kg but i go into a realy extreme stretch to hit the glutes. going heavier on the oneleg press sounds bad to me bcuz your hip would be unstable if 1 leg is in the air and one on the ground, so just use it for high rep extreme stretch lightweight

i stopped squatting because of a flexibilit issue in my back. whenever i let hips rise too far while keeping the back straight i snap my shit up, so i switched backsquat and dl for frontsquat leg press and rack pull, i only ccare about aesthetics anyway

Get out of here with your logic and reasoning

>surely this professional roider's workout is going to work for me!
never gonna make it

Explain to me why squats are required for big legs and why your quads can tell the difference between leg press and squats

deadlifts, hack squats, leg extension, and leg curl master race

>dorian yates

into le trash!

I sure need dem 2 different calf exercises

>I want big quads and a big ass but don't really want big hamstrings?

Why would you want this? Do you not have a Y chromosome?

Sorta legit.
Muscle inflexibility + Long Legs
I couldn't feel traditional deadlifts or squats
Switched to Romanian deadlifts and leg press, cen feel the burn