Greatest quotes from history

I'll start:

"Can't we all just get along?"

"Violence is as american as apple pie"

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

"Purple is the noblest shroud."

"Umar will not attend the Hajj ever again."

The Persian slave Piruz Nahavandi (also known as Father of Pearl) after throwing a rock at the Muslim caliph.

He later killed the piece of shit that destroyed his country.

God I fucking love Theodora I want her to ridicule me and challenge my worth as lover but you just know she's gonna writhe around like a little slut once I penetrate her

>these people made war on us
Debatable.

Only if you're a revisionist cousinfucker who got a traditional Southern public education (re: none)

Politics is when you tell someone one thing while planning to do another, but not actually doing either.

Guess the man

t. Justinian

As corny as the line is, I think it has real heart to it.

I was educated in Louisiana.

Sherman was credited with total war (I find it debatable) and never regarded as having massacred any civilians or anything.

Also the south attacked first. And the state-jurisdiction of slavery was the issue that provoked the secession.

John Brown is regarded as a piece of shit here though.

"Careful throwing those rocks, boy. You might hit your father."

>"Careful throwing those rocks, boy. You might hit your father."
The fucking balls on you, faggot.

Lol Iranian diaspora fags are still assmad about getting BTFO. Btw Piruz assassination of Umar has nothing to do with Umar's fatih of Iran. He just got butthurt when Umar told him to make a windmill for him like the slave he was lol.

"they should take care, for one day our patience will run dry"

Bland and boring.
>Mes amis, si j'avance, suivez-moi! Si je recule, tuez-moi! Si je meurs, vengez-moi!

Personal favorites:
>Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men - Martin Luther King jr
Is ever true in the 21st century
>Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs - Ford
Literally how I get my day to day jobs done be it shopping or writing an essay
>The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing - Socrates
Funny how a man born in 5th century BC can be so aware of the fragility of empiricism
>According to Greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate parts, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves - Plato
Am a hopeless romantic
>The whole earth is the tomb of heroic men and their story is not given only on stone over their clay but abides everywhere without visible symbol woven into the stuff of other mens lives - Pericles
Pericles is my favorite historical figure by far
>How do you know, poor fool? Perhaps out there, somewhere, someone is sighing for your absence'; and with this thought, my soul begins to breathe - Petrarca
Same as Platos quote
>The Love that moves the sun and the other stars - Dante
Same again
If anyone has the quote by a Spartan King (I think) when he is asked about his statute to which he responds something along the lines of "if I am a great man then why would I need a statue to be remembered and if I am not why have a statue of a faceless man in this city?" please post.

Except if you read the letter it says nothing as such it actually calls for iraqis to keep fighting to the death against the crusading army untill all arabs are united and yadda yadda yadda

Love is wise, hatred is foolish

Yeah this doesn't look legit. Saddam wasn't a faggot.

Except that doesn't work with T*rks because you were never even slightly guilty about your shit empire like the rest of the former imperial powers. And you still monger the nations around you with your georgian nigger at the mast.

I feel like you should probably have said something unique if you want to be quoted.

t.Procopius