What if Japan and Korea ends up in the new Three Kingdoms Total War?

Assuming some sort of semi-historical accuracy is represented, how would the non-china parts of Asia be if they make it into the game?

youtube.com/watch?v=s4D42vMUSIM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HRf-ZoDQUfc
youtube.com/watch?v=GbWGIHEpI0c
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/211568/the-history-behind-total-war-three-kingdoms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Korea maybe im not 100% percent sure they will, Japan however I doubt they will just because of the previous TW titles already set in japan and due to lack of knowledge of japanese culture in the 2nd-3rd century

>inb4 some weeb autisticly screaching about some stupid asian shit

>viking forefathers.

They left China and Korea out of Shogun Total War (which were both significant players in the Sengoku period) so I'm guessing Japan is out. Dunno about Korea.

Reread your OP. Here's what Japanese warriors looked like during this period (Yayoi in Japan.)

Japan was completely irrelevant during this period, and Korea only slightly less so. I'd rather a huge and more detailed China than a smaller China just for the sake of including other places.

wtf is that bell thing the guy with the shortsword is carrying?

Alternatively if that IS a bell: Why the fuck is that guy with the shortsword carrying a bell?

STEPPE NOMADS OR BUST

Pure speculation but it could be some sort of signal or way to communicate on the battlefield similar to a bugle or drum.

I think it's a mace he's just holding it upside down

They made it Dynasty Warriors tier. I'm embarrassed how high I set up my expectations, and forgetting the absolute state of Total War alongsode its fans now.

Zero chance.
The only scenario where all three come together would be the Imjin War

I'm nervous about the hero system, I don't want this to turn into fucking Dynasty Warriors.

I don't know, Creative Assembly might see a DLC opportunity. Even if it doesn't make sense.

But historically, the Han Dynasty already wrecked Korea so hard it is not even fair.
The First Korean state Gojoseon got destroyed by the Han Dynasty and their ally, the Southern Jin State.
The Han dynasty colonised the Korean Peninsula with the Four Commandaries of Han and gave the Koreans their current culture.

The Japanese were primitives aka the tribes of Wa, loose, scattered dwarf-people with none of the tech that the Han dynasty had.
It is only until the Heian period where the Japanese copied and pasted everything from Tang Dynasty China did they have any semblance of a state.
(Seriously on a side note, the Japanese built their capital city Nara based on a scaled-down version of Changan and even used Chinese as the main Lingua Franca of the time)

Yeah this is my biggest concern too. Leave that shit for the retarded fantasy games.

Barbarians are fun. Gamers are weebs.

Lu Bu historically was already known as the strongest, most skilled & feared warrior in the entire Three Kingdoms era.
If you add in Romance of The Three Kingdoms in the mix, he slays hundreds of men and generals like it was nothing.
Only Guan Yu managed to match him mano-en-mano and barely survived.

Until they got wrecked by Han cavalry and disciplined well-armed infantry
(Hint: Romans vs celts but with god-tier almost Mongolic cavalry)

>if you add a literal fanfiction to the mix it

Yeah can't fucking wait for a historical game to become a pseudo-fantasy....

I don't know how that can be represented in a historically-anally-detailed game.
I mean there was many battles where Lu Bu fought outnumbered, one of which he fought off the trinity of Dual wielding Guan Yu (Double spear), Liu Bei (Double sword) & Zhang Fei all at once.

>believing this

kek

Mulan dlc when

Too late
Embrace the weeb
youtube.com/watch?v=HRf-ZoDQUfc
youtube.com/watch?v=GbWGIHEpI0c

Shut up Guan Yu

Are the newer Total War games still mod-friendly? Mods might be the answer.

Lu Bu is a manlet irl

Doubt it. But Japan and Korea does have links in Three Kingdoms History.

Japan enters world history through the records of the Wei Kingdom when the Japs made contact with the Chinese officially for the very first time, when the Emperor of Cao Wei received an embassy from Queen Himiko and bestowed upon her the title of the Queen of Wa (that is, everyone who was Japanese) as per Tributary Relations autism.

Wei also ties Korea to the Three Kingdoms history when one of the Three Kingdoms (yeah they were also balkanized) of Korea, Goguryeo pissed off Cao Wei. So Wei sent generals Guanqiu Jian and Wang Qi to invade it, setting up commanderies in Korea and reaffirming Chinese rule over Liaodong Peninsula.

>Lurk the entire thread, not a single posts mentioned the actual faction map...
The absolutely state of______.

See the pic, CA will probably use this map in their game since it's literally mentioned in their official forum.
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/211568/the-history-behind-total-war-three-kingdoms

My guess is CA will add these non-Chinese factions as DLC:
南蠻(Southern Barbarians, proto Yunnan+Burmese+Thai+SEAsians)
烏丸(Wuhuan. Proto Mongols)
匈奴(Xiongnu. Proto Huns + Proto Mongols + Proto Turks)
鮮卑(Xianbei. Proto Mongols+Turkics)
羌(Qiang. Proto Tiebtans + Sinic people)
羯(Jie. Proto Iranic+ east Asian admixture tribes)
氐(Di. Proto Tibetans+Turkic)
高句麗(Gogureo. Proto Koreans)
邪馬台(Yamatai. Proto Japanese)
交趾(Jiaozhi. Proto Viets. Province of China till Tang dynasty)
Western region / Central Asian states.