Floor sleeping

In a few weeks I'll be moving and I'd like to switch to floor sleeping for it's benefits. (Saves space and costs.)

What are some of your experiences/ what do you sleep on?

youre an idiot plain and simple

Do not do this.

T. Mattress salesman

>have no money for bed
>act like the floor is better

>not getting a stylish infloor bed
pretty fucking gay breh

You better get a good matress for the sake of your back.
I slept on the floor for a couple of months and it was alright because I have a good mattress. Then I got pic related and I love it. It's like the air is better and warmer, but maybe it's placebo.

Have been sleeping on the floor for about 3 years now.

>What are some of your experiences

The first 3 days or so will be uncomfortable as your body adjusts to a hard surface. You get the most benefit sleeping on your back, if that's too unconformable you can sleep on your side, never on your stomach.

>what do you sleep on?

I like to sleep on a blanket.

How does it save cost? You'll have a decent mattress for $ 100
How small is your living space that one bed makes a notable difference? Do you live in a broom closet?

Plus it seems like floor sleeping will be bad for your skeleton and muscles because you're not entirely supported.

Go for it user, beds are the original meme. Just don't expect girls to not think you're a serial killer if you take them back to your floor blanket.

I got my second blanket from the attic and will give it a shot.
Cheers.

Is a yoga mat too much to count as sleeping on the floor?

My only experience sleeping on the floor was when I spent a night at an onsen bath in Japan. It wasn't that comfortable, but I was still jet lagged from the flight over so I was too tired to care and still slept like a baby. Supposedly sleeping on the floor is why the Japs have flat asses

rug + hardwood floor. works fine

All them spiders gonna get you!

>go for concert some day
>want to stay in the city for 3 days
>get aplace to sleep on floor
>only have blanket thing
>first day was bad but ok
>second day my bones were killing me
>third day i had to get some mat underneath

I've been sleeping on the floor for the past 6 months or so.
Not much to say, it will take you a few days to get used to it. I tried going back to my bed a few weeks ago and went back to the floor, it just feels better for me now.
Get some insulation though, either a blanket or a small mat since your floor can get pretty cold.
And as some user mentioned, try to get used to sleeping on your back rather than your sides or stomach.
Get some insulation though,

I bought a foam top for a matress and later that on the floor to sleep on. Worked out pretty well

I spent 4 years in Japan sleeping on a futon on tatami (see pic). It hurt and was really uncomfortable for a long while but eventually I got used to it. But only "got used to it"; I never felt like it was an improvement in any way over an actual bed.

a lightweight packable rollup air mattress and sleeping bag

can double as outdoor gear

hard wood and tiles fucking suck

I sleep on my side, and carpet it makes my shoulder ache in the morning. I wake up a few times in the night to change positions.

Was sleeping on a love seat for awhile. Super comfy, but I had to fold and bend.

Bought a japanese futon. Much better than the floor. Still some shoulder discomfort. Paid ~70 USD on amazon for it.

So why would i want to do this?

good luck never getting laid.
>bring a girl back to your spot
>hey girl lets bang
>which ways your bed user?
>... uh i sleep on the floor
>smell yah later

oh yeah the common occurence of girls leaving after being brought to bed. happens all the time

user I'm also moving in a few months and have had the same thought. It's a one room apartment(20m2) and I don't want to put a big fucking bed in it. I also want to fit in a standing desk. I used to sleep on the floor for 4 months or so when i injured my back and it was good. Woke up more alert and got out of bed much quicker, which made me more productive. I normally struggle to get out of bed and stay there 20-30 min after waking up, waste of time.

I think I will use a thai massage bed or a japanese futon.

Have you thought about using a hammock? If the walls are rigid enough you can have a hook and unhook one side during the day and simply hang it on the wall.

I've just never used one, so I don't think it would be very comfortable to me.
Thanks for the input.

only hippies use this garbage

Thats actually a good idea, I used to sleep in a hammock when I worked in the Amazonas. Hadn't thought about it, thanks for the suggestion!

Why not get a Murphy bed instead?

Idk op i slept on the floor my entire senior year as both parents died and I was a poor fag. Felt good and saved my shoulder. I miss my parents.

Try bringing them to a fucking floor and see what happens dumbass lmao

I'm sure she'll be real impressed that you do without to "save money"

Have you considered hanging upside down?

>smell yah later

Marcus Aurelius pls go

teehee

My bed is my favorite thing after my PC. I'd ive up many things for a good bed. The few times i slep on the floor i did feel rather shitty, as i usually like to sleep on my side.

I have a futon on the floor in my loft, it is p comfy, would recommend over a normal mattress any day

Man, I wonder what humanity did before mattresses.

I randomly sleep on the floor because I find comfy as fuck. Only on carpet floors though. I will often put on thick blanket down then a thin one on top. Place my head into a corner and konk out.

>slept for years in floor on a futon/blanket only
>had bad back before
>now all gone, improved posture because it straightened out my forward head
>now taller 2 inches

It kinda resets you in place, but once you get used to it, you'd be very uncomfortable in hotels.

pillow?

Had one king sized pillow to hug

Good luck getting girls to have sex on the floor. Just get a firm mattress and take care of it (flip and rotate it regularly and replace when it gets old)

>buy mattress
>sleep on mattress
>put mattress against a wall when not sleeping
>?????
>profit

You slept on a fucking pallet?

for 2 years I slept on a concrete floor.
Sometimes I would sleep on a thin 1inch sleeping pad, other times just on a yoga mat.
It was pretty great.

OH GOD THE AUTISM AHAHAHAHAHAH

never change Veeky Forums

yeah i bet??

hows homelessness goin for u thesedays

This thread is one big joke that I'm not in on, right?

And yes girls will leave you if you sleep on the floor.

the mattress goes on the pallets, genius. Google pallet bed

When I went to India this was the most comfortable thing I'd ever slept on.
Cant find any here :(

I sleep on Tatami mats with a futon. I really like it but it took me a week to adjust.

I have a big ass bed, but I still mostly sleep on the floor with mattress. I just hate how my bed's so soft and just sucks me in.

Gee, whatever shall I do, if all the girls leave me?
I'd probably end up with a sense of lacking, a loneliness, just not completely fulfilled in life, it shudders me just to even think about that.

Did you fugg the qt?.

What's with everyone saying that women wouldn't fuck on the floor?
They fuck wherever you throw them. Or are you one of those people that "listen" to them?

Hay, leaves, wool, anything soft

Get a futon, a sofa bed. Cheap and serves as two items of furniture in one.

They did anything they could to invent it.

>sleeping on the cheapest wood infused with toxic shit so it doesn't rot and full of splinters for your matress

You fucked up, all this pallet furniture is hipster bullshit.

>smell yah later

ha the memories

try less hard please

>le old human beans meme XD

What did humanity do before mattresses were invented?
They probably lived miserable lives and kicked the bucket at like 55 because htey weren't benefitting from mattresses, healthcare, sanitary living conditions and the other million things that make our life unprecedently healthy and comfortable.

He's kinda got a point though, if a chick is into you and is at least a bit submissive (most chicks are) she'll give you pussy anywhere you will take it
Or have you never fucked in a car?

nah his logic is sound, i too am fond of not fucking strictly in a bed. i was talking about the "listens to them" part, sounds like a tryhard neckbeard attempt at being chad

>a mattress is equivalent to all modern advances in healthcare and quality of life

in b4 4s

You are young, user-kun.
You spend one third of your life sleeping. When you have 30 years of accumulated stress on your joints and your ability to recuperate starts going down the drain, bad sleeping posture will fuck you up fast. And that shit spirals, the more damage you accumulate the worse subsequent damage will be.

>source: been sleeping for a few years on a busted mattress, recently got nerve compressions from lumbar to neck.

yeah when i show girls my floor futon they're like "thats your bed?", but then they fuck me anyways, then they say wow its actually pretty comfortable

Dude that's sick you're so alpha. Teach me to be like you.
Also checkem.

First "how to be alpha" rule:
Don't fucking fail at getting dubs

Have you ever actually had sex?

I only sleep on the floor for naps during the day because i wake up fairly regularly.

I also have way more dreams this way.

I like napping hard wood alot aswell.

I sleep in a hammock

You can save space by getting a couch that transform into a bed. You don't need to sleep on the floor and hurt yourself.

lol nice meme idiot sleeping on floor is healthier for you

Grass/dirt is a lot softer than hardwood floors user, it's not like they were sleeping on hard surfaces.

If you want to do the natural fallacy thing, at least get a futon mattress or something

did you know this is why jap girls have flat asses?

Where I live (basically Netherlands) people in medieval times did this:
The family shared one bed, no mattress, just slates, and they'd all cram into it. When I first heard this as a child, I asked my father "Is that really the best thing they could come up with?". But today I understand that these poor, simple people never had the opportunity to cultivate anything when it comes to being comfortable. Not doing manual work while not freezing was the best they could ever hope for.

On topic: I've slept on a blanket folded to double thickness tonight. It was just like sleeping in my bed for this one first night: Laid on my left, then back, then right, some half front/half side even, rotated around like that for an hour, fell asleep, woke up after three hours, took a piss, fell asleep after maybe twenty minutes, and then slept until morning.

It's an interesting experiment, I wonder how I'll feel after a few weeks.

>tfw no Dutch gf to sleep on slates with
Why live?

>tossing and turning and waking up and never actually resting your body

You'll feel like garbage

>just playing dead while sleeping
Shitty technique and too one-sided. Why would you commit to one position, if you can have all of them?

Get a korean rock mattress for all of the cost and space, with none of the comfort

For me a desk, shelf, and queen size bed just take up too much space, so I have an Asian style futon. I wake up in the morning, fold it up, toss it in the closet, and my room feels so much more open and clean

kek was waiting for this

This. A good carpet beats every bed.

I wouldn't get rid of the bed, though, It's nice for guests.

They worked hard to invent the mattress

If I woke up to any of those faces looming at me out of the darkness I'd reach for my gun and start blasting.

Something oddly grotesque about them all.

I slept on the floor for 9 months once

The first 3 months I had a mattress but then I had to give it away

It wasn't too bad desu, It was on carpet and I put a thin blanket down that I lay on with a thicker blanket to cover me

I'm getting nostalgic thinking about it i might just sleep on the floor tonight