/PLG/ Powerlifting General

powerliftinggeneral.com/

>1st attempt panic edition

No drama allowed. If you are offended by something or someone, close your eyes, turn off your monitor, leave the computer, go read a book.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html
instagram.com/p/BPIvy3HADkA/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf
discord.gg/F3b75Kg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sheiko Programs:

Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

Hook grip or mixed?

Doing 145kgx5 for squats tomorrow on Madcow. 145x3 was a fucking grind so now I'm afraid that I'll die tomorrow

Halp

hook

Mixed.

Hook if you don't care about your thumbs.

B-but muh physique imbalance

>5x5 squats @ 95%
Fuck this program, fuck Jim Wendler, and FUCK me for choosing to use my true max.

2 sets in and i could go home and pass out RIGHT NOW

Eat big to lift big. Nose tork. Preworkout.

>5x5@95%

How is that even possible?

>doing roidaroo programs while not on roids
Your own fault Tbh

What are you running? Build the Monolith?

Starts with "Ste" and ends with "Roids"

Your physique is not gonna get imbalanced from mixed gripping.

For whatever reason I can't stop rounding my back.

I'm deadlifting 100% like rippetoe says, but as soon as I bend over my back is rounded and doesn't go neutral.

Knowing Wendler, it's almost certainly 95% of your Training Max, which is 90% of a true max, which makes it 85.5% of your actual max.

Put the work in and stop whining you're just afraid of working hard

t. literal roidaroo

Let me promise you that i am the Hardest Tryer who has ever lived.
You probly right.
Ye, with True Max instead of Training Max, because if I'm gonna eat 500 eggs/month I figured i should put myself to the test.

how do you guys suggest i find out my max for sheiko? i just started weightlifting not 1 month ago, and i'm afraid to go and try and kill myself under the bench or on the squat rack. is there an easy way to kind of guestimate my max?

Just on 5000 mg test per day eating more and training harder is the reason I get stronger

exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

Video?

>For whatever reason I can't stop rounding my back.

I used to think like this. You're unironically not trying hard enough to keep your back straight. Take weight off the bar and ingrain good reps.

Post a video.

thanks so much i appreciate that

>95% is supposed to be 85.5% guys

'No'.

ahhh bench squat bench today

and finally will do bench right for once now that i know how to set up

I know you're baiting me but I can't help responding

That doesn't adress the stupidity of it. Posting Wendler being an idiot doesn't make it less stupid.

You weren't talking about the stupidity of it, you said that what I stated was incorrect, which it wasn't.

Why is building the monolith a roid program?

>the memelith
>with true maxes
u fucking madlad

It was. Wendler does not say your training max is 5% of your real max but your actual real max is 5% of your real real max for reals.

He says to use 85%, which is stupid in its own way but doesn't matter in this case.

>people unironically are following Buda's memes

You brought this upon yourself famalam

I'm making a discord to rival yours, how do I get more role colours? Thanks :)

I've talked to two powerlifting meet directors and one powerlifting Federation president in the past six months about transgender athletes.

They have all candidly told me that transgender athletes are a disgrace to the sport and they don't want to see them competing on the same platform as legitimate athletes. Why de-legitimise gender divisions just for a very tiny fraction of the population who happens to have gender identity disorder?

I was not surprised by this honesty.

I feel that it is unfair to compete as a transgender athlete regardless of hormone treatment. It's bad enough that powerlifting is a glorified Hobby Sport tainted with the stigma of drug use.

I feel that transgender athletes on the platform only further make a mockery of this activity that we enjoy.

I dream of a future where Wada doesn't have such a Stranglehold on sports. And I dream of a day when athletes compete as the gender they were born.

This is my opinion which is completely Fair and in no way unreasonable.

If you don't know your 1 rep maximum from a recent training cycle or competition, then Sheiko is not the right program for you.

Buda ran those memes and made progress though. Why could he do it but everybody else can't?

J U S T

I should probably just kill myself.
I'm on Week 3 Day 1 and this is the first time it's actually been an insurmountable struggle. I recommend it, it makes you a better person.

are cheap rehband 7751 kneesleavs good enough for beginner powerlifing or do i absolutly have to get the 4x more expensive sbd ones?

Did DB bench today because of an unexpected normie invasion taking over all of MY benches at MY gym. First time in forever, actually felt pretty good, might actually try to hit it regularly once a week or something.

Yeah your mother has a cheap pussy kek

Are you fucking literally stupid as shit? I have never seen him recommend that s/r combo ever anywhere.

He trained for over a decade and couldn't break 400 wilks lol

>buda
>progress

is this a joke or something?

He explicitly says to use an 85% training max for memelith my guy.

Hey trappy :) just reminding you that you have XY chromosomes and therefore are a man :))

On your first time. Maybe this is anons second time and he got memed by Wendler shitty programming.

Just saying that building the monolith is a fucking meme routine. Wendler must be laughing at people who really tried to do that

If you want cheap ones get the hook grip sleeves. They're like 15 bucks and the quality is there.

Yeah, but such a low percentage doesn't warrant the kind of eating that he says to do, so I'm being X-TREME. Once again, it didn't pose any issues until now, W3D1.

LOVE ME

instagram.com/p/BPIvy3HADkA/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf

Lads how do I consistently keep my shoulder blades retracted on bench? If I do more than one or two reps, they start to slide (esp the right one) on the descent. I need one weird trick, what do I do? A setup technique, an assistance exercise, a cue, gimme what you got.

JOIN MY SEAN FREE DISCORD SERVER

discord.gg/F3b75Kg

discord.gg/F3b75Kg

discord.gg/F3b75Kg

Everyone welcome

Only Sean will be banned

Sup sean. Why suddenly afraid of saying that to my face on the chat?

Oh lolfed directors and presidents are retards.
What amazing news. I'd never have imagined that.
Thanks for opening my eyes to this surprising revelation.
I'll probably write a book about how surprised I was at this tale.
I'll call it ">lolfeds"

Create roles in the server channel.

>spiking up the PWO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

rip workout

You probably have tight hamstrings

85 x .95 = 80.75

81% for 5x5 would be a fucking ballbuster for anybody. Adding in 20 rep squats a few days later is also killer, regardless of weight.

Also, I think swapping the bench and OHP programming on memelith might make it a little less lulzy. Your life and your lifts tho.

You may have tight hamstrings, you probably aren't trying hard enough like the other guy said, you also probably aren't bracing right. If you're slightly hyperextending instead of bracing your abs, you'll have trouble with your hinge ROM and you probably won't be able to maintain that position as you try to break the floor.

80% is a about where a 5x5 should be for most people. Sheiko has just babied you.

You're going to grind like fuck on most of those reps. I had a decent TM run way back when and my VD 5x5 for squat was always around 77-78% of whatever my E1RM was based off my ID numbers. Those sets were not easy, but they were productive. Much heavier than that will be pretty goddam hard.

Some people just suck at volume. it's very individual.

>sheiko
>babying you

The 20-sets are actually pretty easy. I mean, they make you want to kill yourself, but no moreso than any other intense cardio.

Okay Dino

I have a music bot pls join
discord.gg/F3b75Kg
discord.gg/F3b75Kg
discord.gg/F3b75Kg

>waaaah I just did a 4x2 at 80% and now I have to do a 5x5 at 70%???? I'm so tired!!!

fuck off sheiko baby

Okay Dino

The three days really are not that hard.

That work out is easy
Now inflate your max and do a 4x2 with 85% squat then 6x2 on bench woth 80% then do 5x3 with 80% on squat again

>3 days
>doing the baby version of the prog
>mfw

Yeah I like easy, consistent gains with low injury risk.

Inflating your Maxes is a retarded idea probably recommended by a very very disturbed coach.

Do you plan on doing this kind of training and definitely? How long do you plan on powerlifting?

Also why did your parents die if you don't mind me asking?

yeah except the program doesn't tell you to inflate your max. you're not doing the program.

when I look at a program I'm assuming is being done AS WRITTEN

>inflating maxes on Sheiko

A very well known and very strong trip did that once. He's not with us anymore ;_;

For as long as i can also no didnt get recommended it, its stupid not to inflate if you can ;)

And yea parents did die

Considering pretty much everyone inflates on any prog i even inflated on smolov, doing a prog as written is pretty dumb imo

JUSTed my hand / calluses deadlifting
>pic related

Skills test next week.

wat do to recover swiftly

Super glue, very gently file down the spots that still stick out a lot. Next, stop gripping the bar with the meat of your hand.

Learning how to grip the fucking bar properly would be a good start.

Ouchie

I had it worse once. Bandage tape helped.

Why was my comment deleted in regards to transgender athletes competing in powerlifting? I think that's a fair discussion to be had in a powerlifting related thread, and I was in no way disrespectful.

Don't worry, Kermi is in experienced hands that knows how Sheiko programs work. ;)

Trappy, you are invite to my treehouse
discord.gg/F3b75Kg

Are you at all worried that your coaching recommendations may benefit him in the short run at the risk of injuring him in the long run?

I'm excited for his record opportunities, but Junior records are not necessarily worth grinding yourself to the bone over.

I don't know how he expects to keep running an inflated workload while cutting in the near future.

Stop making it so hard for me, then, tbH fAm.

Has Trappy ever actually ran sheiko?

You really don't understand how my training was before if you think im having even a slightly hard time with shekio im the most injury free ive ever been

Also its called cutting over a 4 month period not going all out ive not lost any strength and am getting prs and im already 77 bw

As I said, he's in experienced hands.

Don't worry about it.

I appreciate the invite bby, but I'm afraid I'll pass.
I can't handle more drama.

Why would a weightlifter run Sheiko?

She has trained multiple trainees on Sheiko though.

I still lmao everytime you mention the 74kg class.
You'll be a skelly and you are sacrificing long term progress for a record that Blake Lehew is gonna blow out of the water without even trying

Help brehs. One of you has to know how to bench.

I didn't realize Blake Lehew was a sub jr?????

>As I said, he's in experienced hands.
>Don't worry about it.

I don't really think you are that experienced as a powerlifting coach. You are very young, and you have never participated in powerlifting personally.

Along the same lines I also don't believe that you have any type of official coaching certification.

Successful coaches don't necessarily have to have experience in their respective sport, but it helps.

Also remember that you are coaching a child. Children have different training requirements and long-term outcomes than adults.

Also why are you talking about yourself in the third person? I find it very disingenuous that you are not posting under your regular trip

By the time in the jr devision he wont be lmao also considering im not a skelly at 77 a simple water cut would easily get me to 74 so id not look very different to what i am now

It's no use tbH.

Aren't you both 17?He is gonna be a junior for another 5 years and he is already squatting more than you.
Come, take a seat m8.

literally me
juggernaut he we come

Hes not 17 lmao

Oh well. Maybe frog really admires the career of hancott.

>thinking ill get injured on a prog like sheiko

Ow my sides

someone screenshot this