/hgt/ Home Gym Thread

my humble station

not pictured: weight tree/weights, adjustable dumbbell bars

i've been meaning to get a new bench and set up a stereo, but the only outlet is on the ceiling next to the garage door motor

i really like the sun roof. when i do chinups it's like i'm pulling myself into the sky

I don't do them myself but how do you do dips?

i don't do dips. i tried them around when i started lifting and it felt pretty shitty on my rotator cuffs so i never tried them again

if you're asking because of the dip belt, i just use it for weighted chin ups

bane?

We are getting our Assault Bike this week. Looking forward to being able to get cardio done without having to go outside every time.

Tfw i didn't see the light until i was already a man

Next going to remove the gas line (was from an old heater), cover the entire back wall with mirrors, and get a TV and stationary bike. Then I think I'll be done.

Also dumb bell rack and plate tree coming in soon*

What about a deadlift platform? You can make them pretty cheap.

My nigga. I have the same cage. I got the lat pull down shit with it. This set up is awesome!
What brand of bench is that and how much are they? I'm in the market for a new one.

Not in picture is dumbbell rack and plate tree. Only draw back is the low ceiling means i cant do standing OHP.

They only go to 55 lbs

Here's my grimy Craigslist setup. Not pictured, my shitty spin lock dumbells and my chinup bar.

festive

go lighter, tighten your back, stop rotating your shoulders in, don't go as deep if you have to

Dont die
Are you doing a balanced program?

what is the point of an ez bar being that fucking long?

autism

shit now im very curious
home gyms can be a very good option

I find I can get a better grip on it during lying tricep extensions than with a normal sized bar. I had the same question when I bought the bar and he told me the "normal" sized bar was designed for Fernwood(Australian female only gym). From memory the bar itself is thicker as well.

He's got the vest too.

How do I stop rust from forming on my squat rack and plates? Unfortunately, the only place I can put my home gym is outside on my covered patio, but it's still exposed on the sides.

I just purchased everything today, how did I do? Nothing has rust, which is why I want to prevent as much rust as forming as I can.
550 for everything:

1000lb power cage with J hooks and pull up bar
Bench
Olympic dumbbell handles
Olympic bar
Sit up attachment for power cage
Olympic weights:
45 (4)
35 (2)
25 (2)
10 (4)
5 (4)
2.5 (4)

5pl8 fuark!

We all start somewhere user. Use that as much as you can, and then eventually move up to more serious weight and equipment.

My big goal this year is to clear my garage out of all the crap that's accumulated there over the years, and get a few essentials to start working out at home.

I'm going to achieve my dreams!

Keep your plates inside when you're not using them. If your rack is painted it shouldnt rust. If you want to be extra careful get a rattle can of paint for industrial painting like pipe and spray every surface that wont have daily steel on steel contact. Or wrap the whole thing in plastic wrap so you cant see the rust

home gym masterrace here

any 1 got the pic/thread where the guy failed to put up his power cage and couldnt take it out?

nice set up user, thats my goal once i get a garage built.

this is my current goal!

If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

Local squat rack was 1000 bucks so i just made my own.

rip anons

5-8-10-12-15-20-25-30-35-40-45-50-55-60-65-70-80-90

>90
lucky

Why do you have a female and a training bar?

>spin lock BB
what the fuck

Really? How is that? I've been wanting to work deadlifts into my routine but I don't want to drop weights on my floor

Hey I built my own power cage too, a bit sturdier than yours is reckon but i imagine they both get the job done just fine. Looks good!

I love the holidays and the lights provide just the right amount of illumination for having less attractive girls over

Reasonably balanced, I'd say.

Yes I am autistic

I tell my friends I OHP 5pl8
They're 10 pound plates

After a year and a half of lifting, I'm finally upgrading in the next month or so!

Got a home gym but still prefer going to an old school bodybuilding gym five miles from my house desu

I know, but I got the bar + 2x15kg plates really cheap for 50€.
The metal plates alone costs normally 60€.

straighten your damn mats

mirin that joinery. nice work

Cleaning garage today excuse mess

No garage, lives with mom, no job, on foodstamps, single dad, slightly retarded weapons weaboo.

Still has a home gym, no excesses.

>I'm a master chef but would rather go out and eat
>My girl is a nympho but I would rather pay for hookers
>I grow my own weed but I would rather buy it from a friend

The fuck is your problem? All you have is a three piece bar and vinyl weights from walmart huh?

Nah got a power rack, strength shop plates, bench etc

Just prefer actually going to gyms. I lift harder I guess because there's people around and I subconsciously work harder.

So what you are saying is that you don't lift for yourself and if you didn't feel eyes on you, watching, judging you, making you feel like you are shit simply by the fact that they have eyes. Then you would never get better? Damn, you have my pitty and you might want to get on meds for those mental health problems.

Thanks, the trestle where made by my brother. A trained carpenter.