Is it true that people who work out are mentally below average?

Is it true that people who work out are mentally below average?

Other urls found in this thread:

geronj.oxfordjournals.org/content/35/3/383.short
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10671188.1971.10615037
researchgate.net/profile/Gilles_Einstein/publication/44676486_Examining_the_Impact_of_Integrating_Physical_Activity_on_Fluid_Intelligence_and_Academic_Performance_in_an_Elementary_School_Setting_A_Preliminary_Investigation/links/02e7e52b207db0669b000000.pdf
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0197458084900836
labs.kch.illinois.edu/Research/Labs/neurocognitive-kinesiology/files/Articles/Castelli_inpress_FITKidsTimeIn.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3768113/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6517573
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2748863/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22368221
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah thats truh

Well at least half of them

Yeah man we are all retarded here.

No. people who have the mental strength to improve themselves are not below average. and statistically, there is a link between fat people and lower IQ.

people who have taken their physiques or strength to top ~5% are generally pretty smart.

a lot of normie gym-bros are pretty stupid though

>tfw too intelligent to lift

>people who have taken their physiques or strength to top ~5% are generally pretty smart.
Based on what?

Being fit actually increases fluid intelligence, with biggest effect on people who do cardio:

geronj.oxfordjournals.org/content/35/3/383.short
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10671188.1971.10615037
researchgate.net/profile/Gilles_Einstein/publication/44676486_Examining_the_Impact_of_Integrating_Physical_Activity_on_Fluid_Intelligence_and_Academic_Performance_in_an_Elementary_School_Setting_A_Preliminary_Investigation/links/02e7e52b207db0669b000000.pdf
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0197458084900836

im really happy i have university because everytime i talk with other gym goers about life, death, the universe, philosophy, religion, or politics i can actively feel my IQ decreasing

>Being fit actually increases fluid intelligence
It seems more likely that fit people just have higher intelligence overall.

>rediculous

What kinda stupid fuckin kid tries to engage people at the gym with conversation on any of those topics?

>not going to a university gym

the kid that fucks you up in every verbal exchange ever

NO WE SMART CAUS WE LIFT BIG WAITS

uni staff lets refugees train for free there and they fucking ruin it for everybody

Youre that freshman philosophy major that goes around parties with a glass of cheap red trying to discuss your 101 class wondering why u get no action

Actually doing exercise makes you smarter despite what lonely neckbeards on the internet tell you
labs.kch.illinois.edu/Research/Labs/neurocognitive-kinesiology/files/Articles/Castelli_inpress_FITKidsTimeIn.pdf
even though this was done on kids its an example of what fitness can do

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3768113/

these topics are a thousand times more interesting than who stacey fucked last week and the game next weekend

If you're 30 and a moron, you're not going to get smarter from exercising a lot.

I partially agree but if you exercise and learn you'll be retain information better which is what I should of strive to say. Though exercise has in general has several benefits it won't magically make you smart or 10/10 person.

true

>physique
>to top 5%

Literally just stop eating and get under 10% bdoyfat and and so some crunches for abs and your physique will be in the top 99% of the population

Even in the gym, there are so many 15-20% fucking fatasses it's insane

In the western world at least

Wrong. See .

More likely some annoying college kid who's just discovering he can think about these things.

"Hey, why do you think they call it a driveway when you mostly just park in it?"

STFU and lift

You'd have to be awfully stupid not to exercise to some degree.

how much do you workout?

Retaining information might be possible, but yeah, that doesn't make one smarter.

No, it's not. By the time you hit your late teens, maybe early twenties, your intelligence is pretty much set in stone based on your development growing up.
If you have an average general intelligence when you're 30, you can't get an above average intelligence by exercising. That's just not how the brain works.

anecdotal i have no real evidence. just what i've noticed

>I didn't read any of the studies of which one showed older adults with cognitive decline had a reverse in symptoms and slower decline once starting an exercise program
Just remember guys, this is the kind of people giving you fitness advice!

Being able to recall or reproduce certain things as part of a test doesn't mean you're suddenly more intelligent. Besides, there's nothing in the studies suggesting that the changes are permanent, which high intelligence is.

Moreover, in one of the studies, they didn't even measure the intelligence of the test subjects before commencing the study. So the cause of the results from the fit individuals could easily be pre-existing greater intelligence. After all, there is a correlation with smart people being more fit in general.

>philo more interesting than sports
lel
virgin
cuck

>, you can't get an above average intelligence by exercising. That's just not how the brain works.

Source. I'm genuinely curious.

only if you're a normie.

this was such an insecure thing to read it hurt to pass my fucking eyes over it

jesus christ

>*two

>IQ and adaptive behavior did not improve as a result of any treatment.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6517573

>Importantly, IQ gains obtained by children who exercised did not differ from gains obtained by children in the activity control group, suggesting that the attention children obtained, rather than physical activity per se, led to improved IQ-test performance.
>Because the exercise tasks required the children to attend, use memory and reasoning processes, and control motor movements, Brown hypothesized that exercise-related improvements were due to the mental demands experienced by children.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2748863/

>While there is an association between some indicators of PA(physical activity) and IQ, there was no consistent evidence that higher PA levels might lead to increased IQ scores.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22368221

if this is a scientific Veeky Forums survey, count me in as below average

God don't you just get fucking tired of politics? Its everywhere and cancerous af. Unless you are trying to bait kids into admitting they like Trump then I guess enjoy your lels and getting them banned from weight machines and stuff.

Also I hope you realize that working out is literally the antithesis of God. I mean not saying you can't believe in God and be strong but vanity, trying to have lots of casual sex and pleasures of the flesh in general are pretty much anti-God.

Otherwise you should try to redpill guys into talking about things simply and then introduce more abstract concepts to them and see what they think then you can perhaps have some interesting convos.

Perhaps wrap all that into how we relate physically to the universe or somehow into fitness? I dunno.

can't speak for everyone but i sure am, mister

I enjoy discussing that shit but you're deluding yourself if you think gym-goers are any more retarded than the average person.

Statistically speaking the average IQ of steroid users is higher than any other drug user. I'm just stating the facts. Dolph Lundgren has an IQ of 165 and Arnold has one of 130.

Workout? no. Roid? Yes. It's literally cheating.

>Also I hope you realize that working out is literally the antithesis of God.

First of all our young men must be strong. Religion will come afterwards,” said Swami Vivekananda. “Be strong, my young friends; that is my advice to you. You will be nearer to Heaven through football than through the study of the [Hindu religious text of the Bhagavad] Gita… You will understand the Gita better with your biceps, your muscles, a little stronger.

If we look to the East, we find that the Buddha — a prince in his earlier life — was said to be skilled in martial arts; Krishna revealed his teachings on the battlefield, urging his disciple to fight. Then, of course, there are the Shaolin warrior monks, who developed Kung-Fu. So, too, in pre-Christian Europe, the gods prepare for a final cataclysmic batter: Ragnarok.

Phalx.com Physical Strength as Basis for Enlightenment

>Also I hope you realize that working out is literally the antithesis of God. I mean not saying you can't believe in God and be strong but vanity, trying to have lots of casual sex and pleasures of the flesh in general are pretty much anti-God.

What the fuck am I reading

IM DUNB

>this entire post
Politics is the fucking bee's knees. Go and get stronger values and then tell us politics is cancerous.

I'm legally retarded
Can confirm

Yes.
Where do you think you are?