Physical fitness is important but equally important is having a healthy, strong mind...

Physical fitness is important but equally important is having a healthy, strong mind. What do you do to keep yourself mentally Veeky Forums bros?

I'm a math/econ undergrad at UT

Also Im a programmer, and in my off time I read philosophy quite often.
I use to hate TV but I'm not convinced it's brain cancer anymore. Not sure. Do you cunts meditate? And what about you, OP, what do you do?

>tfw to intelligent to have a healthy, strong mind

I'm an ece undergrad at UT. Seem to be a lot of 512fags on this board.

the people who post this

Reading. Some stretching followed by meditation.

im a neet who wants to get mental gains.

right now i just read lilke 50 pages a day of whatever. will be monitoring bread

Well cool. Id agree

Used to meditate and read a little. Want to get back to it but have no willpower

I come up with music videos and stories to the songs I listen to. I'd like to think that if the song already has a music video mine are better. I also like to write creatively.

My job is Biochemistry research, but it is passionless and dead-end. I prefer to keep my mind busy with other stuff.

Im guessing you spend a lot of time in RLM?

I used to do this when I was a teenager and really thought I'd end up being some sort of director or writer

I've been told there is potential in my writing as far as publishing goes, but that's still a while away. My ideal, yet more realistic setup (vs just living off writing alone) would be a job where I go in for 40 hours and can leave work at work every night, and supplement this with writing in my free time. I'm so tired of 60, 70, 80 hour weeks for no money and nothing to show for it.

Get into a trade, dude. Sounds like it's perfect for you

I have family who work in public sector, so I might go the nepotism route and land something stable that way. I gotta finish up and get my degree first, though. Gotta make sure that PhD won't go to waste!

who /adderall/ here?

I've read 8 books this year, none of them fiction.

>tfw too lift to strong mind

>12 days
>8 books
bretty gud

>tfw started war and peace
one book this year it is for me

I read about a book per week.
I play pub trivia once or twice a week.
I play board games with my friends, mostly economy building games.
Add a full time job, lifting, meal prep and my slightly embarrassing hobby (Diablo 3) and that's about it.

>relearned math
>started meditating
>learning buddhist philosophy

All of these things combined with exercise have helped me rationalize and combat my depression.

you're fucking yourself in the long run

>caring about yourself in the long run

who wants to live past 40 or 50 anyway. Thats when test levels start to drop and qt 18 year olds get scared by you

Meditation.

Nootropics.

Practicing Mindfulness.

I also try to do my best to be introspective in an unbiased and objective way. Even though I'm sure my bias still seeps through. I just try to be as aware of it as possible. This sort of plays into mindfulness anyway though.

lifting helps keep my mind healthy. simple huh

>I'm a math/econ undergrad
So you're useless.

>slightly embarrassing hobby (Diablo 3)

how is gaming embarrassing? are you ashamed of yourself?

I read this trilogy called The Four Agreements. It really helped me become more mindful, less stressed, and more loving towards myself.

Gets me ready for gym.

Telemachus was a robot

Maths
Learning guitar by ear
Sculpting (making an accurate bust is technical as shit and much harder than it looks)

Classic lit
Got my degree and work in games
Crosswords desu senpai, I scavenge people's papers at coffee shops, I love those fuckers
Reading wikipedia at work when I'm waiting for shit to compile

Balance is important. Fitness side is lifting/touch rugby.

I Will reply to this just because thats my favorite album
Be my husbando OP
N-no homo

I work in IT, have to find creative ways to explain shit to normies
>b-but why can you not change database index? it's so retarded
bitch I can but I cba to do your job

I also play vidya for dat reaction and strategy+awereness gains

I don't. I want to die.

I read for 1-2 hours on the bus on weekdays.
Carless commuter master race.

I quit playing video games. Strangely, No Fap is MUCH easier now without games in my life, frustrating me all the time.

Hobbies are cool. Lately I'm learning shorthand - it's fun, looks wacky, might be handy in the office, and like the gym is mostly a matter of consistent practice.

1/2

2/2

updated version frendo

I discuss world issues and political struggles with other great minds on the board of /pol/. I often defend my libertarian worldview through good articulation and spicy argumentation.

Part time masters course (full time employment).

Will be worthwhile but I miss guilt-free reading for pleasure.

I read books about jews n shit

Get off that shit now. Wean yourself off with coffee, and then slowly drop coffee.