Idk dont be a stupid fucker like me i guess

i played wow for 11 years. late august of 2016 i started to work out and follow macro nutrition. i still played wow and was in a progression guild that raided 9 hours a week but i put a solid 25 hours in a week total. i was the best blood dk on the realm and had the world record for both dps and damage taken on several mythic fights without my bis legendary. i quit wow about 2 weeks ago. ive been putting in extra hours at the gym and can now go an extra day every week because i dont have to worry about raiding or doing mythic+. i even have time for other hobbies

this was probably the best decision ive ever made and it feels so good.

whatever youre doing instead of lifting, give it up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z1Ch6N8QT00
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I don't know how time management works
glad you're finding enjoyment out of your change but you don't need to sacrifice a game or hobby because you can't effectively manage your time.

Lifting doesn't have to be your only hobby, just like anything you're supposed to do it in moderation so you don't become a slave to it like grinding out m+ dungeons for the 1% chance of a legendary

I quit Legion too though I can't see myself going back

its different for wow or any sort of vidya you progress in, just because the amount of time it takes to make any sort of actual progress. if you play wow casually (not raiding) then youre wasting $15.

>what are game time tokens
i play casually and still enjoy myself. Still have a decent ilvl and have a good time with my friends, even if you're doing progression raiding which I was doing for a while its only 1-2 nights a week and you can still work around it.

You won't stick to it.

I've been training for the last 9 years; I've seen no end of guys like you come and go.

The only way to stick to it is to incorporate it into your life and go at a steady pace; if you hit it full throttle you'll only burn yourself out and it'll stop being fun.

You can't lift for every waking moment of the day user, I go boxing 5 nights a week and I worked 4 days a week for 12 hour shifts; I still find time to see my gf and play some dota2 on steam.

It's about balance.

Don't go cold turkey on vidya OP, you'll feel good for a while but in a few weeks you'll be miserable, relapse and binge. WoW is garbage though, both because it's an actual garbage game now and because it sucks you in so hard. Better to play something you can fully enjoy in moderation.

thanks for the warning but ive been going for 4 months now and im fine.
i didnt quit all vidya. just wow. i still put some time into sf5 and csgo. i just cut out wow in its entirety.

Good on ya then m8. We're all gonna make it.

I play wow and I'm a professional body builder.

It's all in moderation Bruh.

Obviously I'm never going to be top notch on WoW but who gives a fuck? Progression in WoW is erased every expansion and everything you did is meaningless when new content comes out.

But if you're having fun who cares?

>Progression in WoW is erased every expansion and everything you did is meaningless when new content comes out.

>tfw you wear your outdated server first titles around dalaran hoping someone will comment and make you feel relevant again

You should come play on primal wow it's a vanilla server running on the wotlk engine. :))

>if you play wow casually (not raiding) then youre wasting $15

You're a faggot, I hope the barbell drops on your skull. Literally the cancer of that game that gave us shit like WoD.

Good shit man

>SFV
shit taste confirmed, that game is singlehandedly killing the FGC

>tfw you feel like a filthy casual when playing WoW but feel like the equivalent of a god tier top notch raider with best gear in the gym irl, and realize reaching an elite level on anything is simply the amount of time you put into something.

Yeah man. If only I'd known this in 2010

How?

If you're not lifting AND learning a martial art you're wasting your potential
No point getting strong if you can't fight

As a fellow Blood DK, you made the right choice.

Blizzard fucking stabbed us in the back.

Well you know it now!

Better late than never I suppose.

good. now start playing FFXIV, expansion coming out soon!

All I do in WoW is solo/casual pve to keep up with story and completion and casual pvp. I'd love to get partners and push rating but scheduling always sucks.Arena will explode in popularity with solo queue, I'm more of a BG and Duels kind of guy though.

But yeah I prioritize school and gym before WoW

They fucking gutted destruction this expansion but god damn I still love chaos bolting people.

>tfw no qt orc gf to cook you high protein meals and gently scrape your cock with her tusks during oral

a year ago i would have disagree but it seems the moment i hit 200lb @ 6' I've been in more fights in the last 4 months than the last 4 years.

You just become a fucking target for shit when you're out with your boys.

IF you don't know how to fight and you're a big cunt, you're not just wasting your potential, you're putting yourself in danger. IT IS FUCKING ESSENTIAL.

I do Muay Thai and Judo personally
>inb4 couch-fighters come and talk shit about Muay Thai or Judo in a real situation

i wont even read your reply, i've been in enough brawls to confidently say Judo+Core Strength+A big frame goes a long way in real life.

People talk shit about judo? I won't pretend to know much but I've heard often that it's objectively the best martial arts for typical brawls. I was thinking about taking classes,I only took some tae kwon do when I was like 10 or so.

every time i've brought it up on here some reddit fag has made some comment about BJJ being better
every fucking time

Judo is god-tier I highly recommend it if you have the thicc frame for it.

I don't know why anyone who does BJJ would shit on judo. Jiu jitsu is essentially the fucking child of judo. It's literally the best complementary art to BJJ outside of MMA, and I'd agree it's the best, if not one of the best, self defense martial arts.

kinda got burned out being in a world 400 guild raiding 13 hours a day + 12 hours doing mythics/dailies/AP/grinding etc.

shit sucks.

Now I just resubbed and will just pug heroic nighthold and mythic+, probably a more casual 8-10 hours a week.

moderation nigga

13 hours a week I mean.

4 fucking days a week on a SET schedule to raid, that's literally a fucking job.

Is random pvp out of nowhere a thing

Good for you, OP.

WoW was one of the biggest factors that got me fat in the first place. And I only played for like 2 years.

Started on a tiny private server back in highschool. Quickly became the best healer on the server. Every day would go like this:

>go to school
>half sleep through most of it, because tired
>mainly think about WoW during that time
>leave school, buy a backpack full of beer/snacks on the way home
>get home, get drunk, play the game until 2am
>repeat

In that time I got very obese (was only chubby before), became pretty much an alcoholic, only passed my classes with the bare minimum requirements and lost some friends.

Quit, got my shit back together. Now I'm fit, without alcohol and getting a masters in engineering.

If you have an addictive personality, WoW is cancer. Kick it.

>I've been in more fights in the last 4 months than the last 4 years.

Tell us about one of them, user.

>25hours a week
nigger you are trying too hard, I have a 8-5 job, I work out 4 times a week and I still play vidya 6hours every day, that's just 30hours during work days, I can do 25h over the weekend easy

2/10 made me reply faggot

>out with your boys
sorry for your autism

HEY OP

youtube.com/watch?v=z1Ch6N8QT00

I urge you to watch this video and reconsider your outlook on life. How similar are you to this loser?

Props on going to the gym.

>this video

I don't think I can get much further user

You mean like you're just chilling out in the world and some dude jumps you to kill you?

Yes, world pvp.

man, i gotta continue to read this manga

If you want to be the best at anything, you'll need to dedicate most of your time to it. The OP has the mindset of a winner.

Who is this motivated manlet?

On PvP servers it is.

I quit video games 2 months ago. And I feel much happier. Most of my friends are gamers so I make an exception to the rule when I'm visiting them.

I have 938 hours in csgo and I really would like to stop before I get to 1000. Also has anyone here made it and still play vidya?

you were one of the top WoW players in the world, and now you are some random nobody at the gymn
you fucked it up, buddy

>thinks he has to sacrifice a hobby he enjoys

You are trying to tell us that it takes too much time to maintain a good level of skill in WoW and that it would be wasted money if you did not and then you are at the same time telling us that you okay csgo, an ego shooter?

Your logic is off.

judo is inferiour because it doesn't teach how to shoot (grabbing your opponents legs)

i play an outrageous amount of vidya and i used to look fucking great

i had a kid 2 years ago so im still playing catch up with lifting

im also about 20-25 pounds overweight but thats on purpose. i play DE in an amateur american football league and at my natural comfortable weight i havent got the mass for it that postition, and i havent got the speed for LB. this is probably my last year tho, i cant hack the pain and recovery anymore. im too old

anyway, tldr yes you can be in great shape and play vidya. before i became a father i would play vidya 15 hours a day if i didnt have work. CSGO and Smash are my main games.

FFXI is one of the slowest pace games out there, and bis equipment used to come from gods that took hours to kill if everything went right. It also had a community of hardcore dorks. Yet inplayed casually and enjoyed myself because I knew that it wasn't important for me to have the best equipment out there. The story and friends, breh.

I have a full time job, wife and a child. It's hard, but I find the time to do all of the following each week:
>work out 3-4 times
>play computer games daily (diablo)
>watch sports in the weekend
>cook dinner, wash clothes and cleanup after a 3 year old
>do family stuff like hiking and visiting family
>Visit and get visited by friends and do stuff (fishing, vidya and movies)
>shitpost on the internet

I'm not saying my life is perfect, because it's not and I'm lazy as fuck. My point is that if your plan your shit, you will find room for more than 1 hobby.

I got ~900 hours last year only, doing my PhD in Chemistry and training volleyball 5 days a week.

I read it as him being in the top .1% or so - it's a small community, they enjoy the challenges, but unless it's your job to be a youtuber you won't get much recognition unless you're in the top .001% or so. And then it's more your guild that gets the recognition.
Tl;dr it's what you get out of the hours you put in, and user obviously gets more out of training.

People are saying OP's time management is shit and that he shouldn't have to quit wow, because you can have more than one hobby.

I kinda agree, I mean, yeah - you should be able to do more than one thing at a time in your life, but seriously, fuck wow.

I don't know about OP, but I played it from vanilla to mid-Cata, and then came back a couple of times for a month or so.
And the times I did come back, I came back not because it was a fun hobby, but because it was familiar.
You play a game for 5 or 10 years, and my god does it start to feel fucking comfy in there. You know the way it plays, you're familiar with how that world works and you just flow back into it and do stuff and get fed with little rewards and you just repeat that cycle over and over because the difference between pleasure and happiness doesn't matter when that reward hits.

Sure, it can be fun and there's the social aspect of it, which is kinda cool, but in the end I don't feel like it's a terribly productive or creative thing to do with your time, especially seeing how much time people can sink into it.

Kinda trailing off here, sorry for the blog post. OP, good job on dropping a time-consuming habit, I guess. Do your best to stick with it.

Tbh friend l spend 5hours a day on path o exile and l can still put 1 to 2 solid hours into lifting every single day

fuck off phaggot