The French have Richard Lionheart

The Italians have Napoleon
The Germans have Charles V
The Dutch have Charlemagne

And the English?

Other urls found in this thread:

jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-51-54947431-1-0-1-0-les-italiens-ont-napoleon-les-belges-ont-charlemagne.htm
jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-51-54036790-1-0-1-0-les-allemands-ont-charlemagne-les-italiens-ont-napoleon.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do Germans really idolize Charles like that?

I feel like Frederick the Great or Bismark would be better examples for Germany.
The English have Victoria and Richard the Lionheart.

>The English have Victoria and Richard the Lionheart.

Victoria was German (but at least she spoke English)

Richard was a Frenchman who couldn't speak a word of English

Richard I

French was the language of England at the time though.

No, it was the language of the French nobles who ruled over Enland

Oliver Cromwell
Admiral Nelson

>The Dutch have Charlemagne

If you really want to be a memelord and go down that path then it's the Belgians who have Charlemagne, not the Dutch.

Aelfred.

Richard Coeur de Lion was not French, he was Norman.

The nobles spoke Anglo-Norman, not French (which is actually Parisian)

Yeah but Belguim is a non-country

And so it was the language of England at the time

No

Most people spoke English and even then the dialects were so different they could barely understand one another. It wasn't until the 1500-1600s I believe that the London/Midlands dialect started to overrun the others (although features of the other dialects also superseded features of the London dialect)

Charlemagne spoke German and was born in Germany

*Karl

The "English" don't deify their betters like those on the Continent. They recognize these figure heads only have a limited role to fill that could be (and would be) filled by another capable individual should the leader die. Continentals are more likely to put their success down to their betters, or to some higher power while English recognize that leaders are replaceable and the individual efforts and attitude of everyone count more to military endevour than any great leader.

You say that but the one who put a crazy genocidal dictator ruling over the entire island were you rosbifs up north.

Charles was dutch faggot

George Washington

John Churchill

Horatio Nelson? We don't have that many individual rulers to refer to because we've had a parliamentary democracy while we've been relevant.

>The nobles spoke Anglo-Norman, not French (which is actually Parisian)
actually the french language wasn't unified yet so norman, occitan, ... were as french as parisian

>the Italians have Napoleon
The fuck

>Charlemagne spoke German
latin

classic troll like saying Richard Lionheart is french

It is precisely part of the strength of English civilization that they have not depended on "great men". "Great men" are a double-edged sword.

>Richard Lionheart is french
>Charles Quint is german
>Charlemagne is dutch
>Napoléon is italian

Is this the ultimate troll post ever found on Veeky Forums ?

no idea but pretty good

>Napoleon
>clear italian surname
>looks like a stereotypical italian
>100% pure French I swear! despite Corsica being Genoa's possesion until one year before his birth

King Arthur
Also Richard the Lionheart did speak English, it's just pseudo-intellectual fags who promulgate this 'fact' that they're keen to tell everyone about. Stop we wuzzing pierre

Why are people so quick to point out Richard The Lionheart was French but aren't keen on acknowledging that Charlemagne was Belgian, Napoleon was Italian and Hitler was Austrian? Also Richard was actually born and raised in England and his gramdmother was English

Corsica = Italian

My mistake, he was corsican not French. I will continue to spout this crap until people stop saying "Richard the Lionheart wuz Frensch n shieeeetttt cuz he related to frensch peepl"

This thread is high quality bait

more italian than french, that's for sure

>The Germans have Charles V
>The Dutch have Charlemagne
Charles grew up in Bruxelles so maybe switch those around.

>>clear italian surname
Bonaparte is very French

If it would be italian it would be something like Buonaparte or something.

For most people Churchill is their default hero probably

Nelson

old high german was his mother tongue

BRAINLET

On va sur Veeky Forums et on se sent HISTORIEN

back to jv.com

this

Damn Beat me to it.

Churchill ruined everything what are you on mate

Wrong, Lionheart was an Angevin, not a Norman

normies dont care

Edgy
Mosley and the boys are the worst boy band

>Charles was dutch
He was 50% Spanish,12.5 French,12.5 Flemish and 25% German

*English

How can brainlet monarchs compare

Au moins ici pas de 410

He was corsican ya dip

Henry the 8th i am i am

I got married to the widow next door, she's been married seven times before

Yeah like one time. Cromwell is the exception and not the rule, while in europe the revolving door of tyrants lasted much longer and arguable does today.

On se sent CULTIVE :)

William the Conqueror

>Victoria
Can we have someone else please?

How are you too retarded to understand this ?

Derryck John admits London ACID ENRICHMENT on moped riders...

Francophiles (would be better to call them Gallophiles) are quick to call Richard The Lionheart French while claiming Charlemagne as one of their own

Hes a pure Frankish king. Germs need not apply.

Is this where he flips his helmet back to show he's still alive? Also Francis will try to claim William yet not realising most modern English are descended from his sort

What are Franks user?

>Bonaparte is a French and Italian surname. It derives from Italian, bona (buona) "good" and parte "solution" or "match" (a name bestowed as an expression of satisfaction at a newborn’s arrival).

Bilbo Baggins

It was the language of the (French) upper class, English was the language of the poorfags.

>He was born Napoleone di Buonaparte (Italian: [napoleˈoːne di bwɔnaˈparte]) in Corsica, to a relatively modest family from minor Italian nobility.

Apparently the language today is more french than germanic

Does this look like a dude you would fuck with to you?

Thought not, our lad Will could maim and murder all of the people mentioned in this thread with one hand while simultaneously writing law that bans slavery for his own profit with his dominant hand.

English has a mix of all the decent continental countries, Latin french german and norse. Try watching a European show for example, they'll say in phrases and sayings in English.

Actually the nobiloty switched to English within 50 years of conquest. Why the heck would they continue speaking french to their English subjects?

Kek, english not being a relevant language is a hilarious butthurt liberal meme that has to be expressed in English.
The English language has always been respected and the english speaking peoople have accomplished more than the rest of humanity combined.

Napoleon surrendered to the English and frederick the Great, like all respectable germans of his age was an angloboo and little more than Albion's main continental mercenery.

England had a pantheon of greats so great that those we don't readily admit into it are still greater historical figures than the most exalted euroshits.

You've done it now mate, b8 or not this will be a shit show

jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-51-54947431-1-0-1-0-les-italiens-ont-napoleon-les-belges-ont-charlemagne.htm

jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-51-54036790-1-0-1-0-les-allemands-ont-charlemagne-les-italiens-ont-napoleon.htm

Charlemagne or Karl der Große?

Charles the gross

George Washington.

Once more you fucking moron.
There are no Belgians.
There are Flames and Wallons.
And Karl was a Frank.

Wtf is this?

A famous french neo-nazis forum.

Kill yourself as soon as convenient

Our hero

>The French have Richard the Lionheart

I thought the Germans were all about Frederick the Great.

>from a French family
>only spoke French

Seems pretty froggy tome

Karel de Grote

Filthy consonant shifters need not apply

>descended from Alfred the great
>born and raised in England
>most likely spoke English

he didnt speak english you dumb chav, fucking peasant go plow the soil already

[Citation needed] you absolute brainlet see You plow the soil you fucking colonial

*ahem*

ONCE MORE!

They have washington

He's representative of their perfidiousness, truly the paragon of the Anglo

The eternal anglo doesn't spare even his own kind

>The Italians have Napoleon
T. Guido

t. memelord
Mosley was completely useless and irrelevant.

t. brainlet
Your brain simply cannot comprehend the genius that was Mosley.