QTDDTOT Eternal New Years edition

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VvLpDniGiDM
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Should I count my daily Omega 3 supp towards the daily fat I should be getting?

About 2 months into SS, most of my lifts are progressing steadily while my diddly and squat are rounding out, I figure it's time to start adding accessories and cardio.

Only issue is I absolutely can't do a chin up. How do I fix this?

yes, though it shouldn't be much.

What's a good trusted brand yohimbine HCl?
Any tips for someone who wants to take it for the first time?

Look up what lyle mcdonald says about it.

When cutting, how much of fat should you be getting? I know you're supposed to be getting 50g or so normally, but when on the cut is 25% of my KC count still good enough?

generally the recommended macro ratio is 30% carbs/30% fat/35% protein

Cardio question

How much Cardio should I be doing whilst I go to the gym?
I cycle about 5 miles to the gym, so relatively warm when I arrive.
Back in high school the coach would always get me to do 10-20mins before I started weights (to warm up?)
I still do this either on a spin bike or rowing machine.
Am I doing too much Cardio if my goal is to gain size and strength?

go on the row machine and the lat pull down machine.

That doesn't add up to 100% dumbfuck

Got into a car accident 1 month before the end of my bulk, busted one of my knees. Still not supposed to put much weight on it, but I wanted to start cutting soon. Any way to keep mass/strength in my legs without being able to go heavy? Or should I just delay the cut?

What do you guy's think if ATHLEAN-X on youtube is he bullshitting or giving good advice.

hur durr 35/30/35 you cunt

if you're gonna be healing for a while user, you gotta say goodbye to some of those gains. Do what you can but it sounds like most leg and compound exercises are no-gos

Is this good when I wake up I do
Pushup's
Sit-ups
Squats
Lunges, plank for a couple of minutes then crunches hanging push ups and stretches I also do it before bed every night any thing I should add or is this fine.

>on youtube
all bullshit
everything on there is directed at getting clicks and selling shit

Fantastic actually.
Do any kind of stretches?

Link to the ebook dump that had Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding and all that jazz?

Related question. Athlean X recommends an alternate to leg extensions. Are leg extensions that bad for the knees? Also love handle exercises? I know its genetics blah blah..

youtube.com/watch?v=VvLpDniGiDM

I said it after the hanging Pushup's, honestly it's just the stretches I've learned in school growing up in don't know any other.

Thanks! It answered a lot of my questions and gave me more info. And I guess I'll try the brand in the picture to see how that works since they don't bring up a specific brand. Just once that I can't find online.

Is dieting alone have consequences? I've been on a good diet and lost 20lb but now I feel fatigue more often.

Give your height weight and current caloric intake

Is hydroxycut a good fat burner? Also aside from cardio what can I do to cut since last time I lifted I ended up getting gains instead of cutting

I'm going crazy. I'm starting SS, and I want to lose body fat. I am 6'1 210lbs, maybe 20something% body fat. I want to lose body fat. I understand that I need to cut my typical caloric intake to lose fat, but SS and other sources say you need to eat MORE calories to fuel my lifts and body's muscle rebuilding. What do I do??

I keep reading about people supposedly gaining weight and bulking (bf not really changing?) with SS, and it's kind of making me panic

So I am 5'11 and weigh about 155lbs. Couple months ago I noticed that if I look down slightly I get a double chin. I never really noticed it before and it really bothers me. I have a huge ass adams apple as well so that doesn't help as it just holds the skin up as well. I currently have a ""beard"" that covers it but my beard doesn't look all that great and I kinda want to clean shave but I am self conscious about the double chin. Is there anything I can do about it?

You can do cardio and still get big and strong, Within reason of course if you are used to riding 5 miles every day doing so before working out probably wont effect you very much. If you have never run in your life doing a tabata session will destroy your capacity to lift weight afterwards. If you eat at a calorie surplus you will gain weight as long as you can lift heavy enough weight enough times.
I prefer to do my cardio either after my lifting or on separate days but whatever floats your boat man.

Here's your problem:

I'm assuming you're supposed to use the exercise calculator, right? Unless you're already Veeky Forums and exercising with a moderate amount of intensity (lifting heavy), you want to be on a deficit based off your sedentary TDEE.

For you, it'd be just about 2400 calories. A 500 cal deficit from that is 1900 a day.

everybody gets that, it's natural. If you didn't you'd probably be at an unhealthy weight or dead because you'd be a literal skeleton

You are a brand new lifter and you are fat enough to eat a bit above maintenance and not get noticeably fatter. Just make sure you are getting a lot of protein and do some cardio at the end of your workouts the rowing machine is great but run, swim spin machine whatever you like most or hate least.

that's everyone. just like basically everyone has "rolls"/folds on their stomach when sitting down, especially with their legs up. Certain postures are just unflattering.

I have been cutting since I was 300 lbs in Nov 2015. I'm 220 today. My question is, is it realistic for me to gain straight on an eternal cut, or should I just worry about how much I lift/muscle mass when I get to my goal weight ( shooting for 190). My lifts are not going down, they are just not going up.

You get noob gains regardless of whether or not you're losing weight or gaining muscle. You can gain muscle and strength on a cut as a beginner, though it's incredibly slow.

Thanks. Good to know I shouldn't be too concerned about it. Love you.

Recently got my own DDR/ITG machine and substituting that as cardio

Currently able to play 13's and stream 12's

At that level of play I'm sweating buckets by the end of a 6 minute stamina song, but what would be a good way to measure calories burned?

1600-2000 steps at 135-150bpm in about 5-8 minutes

So I'd be okay eating about 1900kcal a day and doing SS? I won't be lacking energy or resources for exercise band recovery? I did some workout stuff before (PF plan, just moved to new gym), and I'd get dizzy and nauseous sometimes, which makes me worried I don't eat enough sometimes.

6' 200 lbs

Would now be a good time to start cutting if Im looking to go for a 10-15% BF fit look or should I add a few more pounds

How about this: how will I know if I'm not eating enough? What signs should I look out for?

You don't look cut and decent at all until like 10% bf unless you have 'training for a decade seriously' levels of lean mass.

You do not.

Anyways, you should cut, 1000%. Not even up for debate.

It's a meme on this board where people tell fatties and skinnyfats 'haha get fatter, bulk, bulk!' but it's just a meme lol.

>and I'd get dizzy and nauseous sometimes
nausea =/= fatigue. If you're not eating enough, you'll be pretty tired throughout the day. Nausea is more of a sign of eating too close to a workout. I get nauseous if I eat within 2 hours of working out.

feeling tired all the time, sluggishness, no progression to your lifts, etc. You'll know.

Cut, for chrissakes

I'm doing SS+accessories, about to finish my third month of it on Friday.

Is it acceptable to replace cleans with something? I hate doing them. They don't really feel like they're doing much in terms of adding to my strength levels. And they kinda hurt my delts.

What would be an acceptable replacement shoulder exercise? I'm already doing lat raises as an accessory.

Sorry for taking so long but right now I'm 6'1'' at 233. Use to be 255 in October if that can help. I'm taking in right now about 2000 cal a day.

seems like everything's up-to-snuff as far as just calories go. What do your macros look like?

How long does a bulged not herniated disc take to heal and go back into the spine I've been not working out for 3 months

To be honest I am not sure how to do that yet.

Carbs/fat/protein intake. Have you been counting calories?

Th-thanks guys, just shaved cleaned and it looks awful.

How do you hit your protein goal? I've been coming under for awhile but I'm not sure if its a big deal since I'm losing weight.

So I felt a pop in my hip when I was doing some squats with just the bar for calisthenics and it hurt like fucking crazy. A couple days later and it's mostly subsided, but it feels like the muscles around the hip socket are strained.

How long do I need to be stretching and resting my hip, or rather how long do I have to go before I should do leg day again?

What is your current goal? You're not eating 1g/lb are you?

if any part of your body is painful when you put pressure on it, don't fuck with it. Avoid exercises that utilize it and let it fully heal.

How can you lose body fat while bulking? I know cardio is something you should always do, but I guess I'm not really understanding how that whole process actually works. How does it help to prevent fat gain? Just because you burn the calories that you happen to be eating on a surplus? Doesn't that then mean you won't be making muscle gains since you're not really at a surplus anymore?

The cardio is for health, recovery and generally feeling better. It's not actually going to stop fat gain (outside of whatever changes it makes to your surplus).

As the other user said, it's impossible to eliminate fat gain on a bulk, even a lean bulk. Cardio is just for health.

Do volume instead, with much smaller rest periods.

Okay :(

who dat doe??

> 1g/lb

Is that bad?

Stretches thatll help me to do the splits

no, just unnecessary, particularly for a beginner.

Several studies have shown that bodybuilders who eat 1g protein per pound of bodyweight had no advantages over ones who ate 0.8g per pound of bodyweight.

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

So in-general, you really only need 0.8g per pound of bodyweight, and probably not even that much if you're a beginner. You said you were 233 pounds right? I'm assuming that's mostly fat, so I'd say you'll probably be fine with 150-160g of protein per day.

You have no muscle

I'm a dyel 6ft 185lbs guy who recently lost 70lbs, so I'm on the right track.

It was my birthday recently and my parents bought me a pretty nice rowing machine for my apt. What's the best way to utilize it? How helpful will it be in my goal of fat loss?

I would lift more

I want her legs to clamp between my penis

honestly an exercise machine is more trouble than it's worth most of the time. They take up a shitload of space and only do one or two exercises.

Personally I'd see if I could sell it and get access to a real gym, but I wouldn't want to be rude either.

>How helpful will it be in my goal of fat loss?
No weight machine has ever assisted in fat loss. Cardio and dieting is the best way.

Wouldn't a air powered rowing machine be more of a cardio workout than a straight up weight machine?

no

How do I get a gf?

why does /fit suck so much?

>Are leg extensions that bad for the knees?
yes
>Also love handle exercises? I know its genetics blah blah..

Fucking kill yourself

Leave the house

That's fucking awesome, wish I had one.
Rowing is tip top cardio, just do it on your off days and remember to eat big.

How do I make some personality gains, Veeky Forums?

I am a beginner, is it bad that I go to the gym every single day? I just like it so much, seeing myself progress going from heavier weights to heavier weights. It's been about 2 months, the only time I had off was when I was traveling, right now it's been 2 weeks straight going every single day for about 80 minutes.

Would it really be beneficial to take a day or two off in between? Right now I'm not forcing myself to go - I simply enjoy being at the gym and working out it feels so relaxing (in its own way). But if it's holding my body back from progressing Id rather take time off.

Depends what you're doing. It's probably not optimal but it can be set up that way.

Mostly just using machines to lift, and run on treadmill 15 min out of the 80

Goal is to gain muscle while losing weight, just recently bought some protein powder because of that

You need life experience breh

>Mostly just using machines to lift, and run on treadmill 15 min out of the 80
You are cucking yourself out of progress, read the fucking sticky and do compounds. Doesn't matter if you start with the bar, just do it.

Protein powder ain't shit if your diet is fucked too btw

anyone know a reliable place to get a hold of some mk-677? I'd like to give it a go but i dont want to buy some weak diluted shit

Is it harder to run in the morning than in the afternoon? I'm new to running and I'm cutting for summer and I'm finding that I can go farther after work than before work.

Why are chinups immensely painful and make me feel like the skin on my fingers is going to get ripped off? I don't have this problem with any of my lifts. Even with gloves (which I don't want to use because I kind of feel less secure on the bar when I'm going to failure) there's still some discomfort.

Pic related where I put my hand before I grip the bar and you can kind of see the texture of the bar and its size relative to my hand. Am I doing anything wrong?

Did you just start doing them? For some reason i had this problem but after a few weeks it went away. Also got some sicc callouses out of it and it stretches your arms out which also feels great

Veeky Forums approx how many calories would 40 minutes of fairly intense cardio (playing centre court in netball) burn?

No it's been almost 3 months now

Because you are weak as shit i guess

I recently started dead lifting and have gone from 65 feeling like a struggle to 190 being my max. On squats I've recorded myself and the bar path shifts forward. I've assume the reason for this to be quad dominance so instead of doing 5x5 squats and 1x5 Deadlift I've been doing 5x5 Deadlift and 1x5 squat. The bar path has straightened out immensly.

My problem though is that after getting to 165x5 Deadlift, my upper back rounds. I can't seem to fight hard enough to keep my upper back from rounding. Would it be a good idea to lower the weight to say 135 where my upper back doesn't round and do 5x6-8?

The volume is approximately the same and I think it would help strengthen the spinal erectors, after doing this for 1 week, increase the weight 10 lbs @ 5x6-8/session until I hit 165 and then go back to 5x5. I don't know if this is appropriate or what it's doing exactly.

Is there a better way to strengthen the erectors? It's the only thing holding back my DL.

bent over rows helped my deadlifts just holding your back in that position. So higher volume deadlifts would probably help

what are some good deadlift accessories? I try to incorporated RDLs but I want to do more.

Depends what sucks about your deadlift.

Usually working my abs with ab wheel
Do I need any more exercises for it?

having trouble keeping my back straight

How much progress can I make if I don't go to the gym? I've went for about 3.5 months but made no progress because I want eating enough. It's a small college gym and the staff and regulars started judging me and glaring at me with disgust so now I'm too ashamed to go back unless my lifts have gone up.

I'm 5'11 143lbs btw

Back extensions are always good as a light accessory. Doing your RDLs with a wide grip (use straps) can help a lot with back stability. Strict bent-over rows can be pretty beneficial.

Technique on the deadlift is also really important here. Good lat + ab activation can give you a lot more weight before form breaks down.

NOBODY KNOWS

>Back extensions are always good as a light accessory
what do you mean by light accessory? doing it with light weights?

I'll try that; my 1rm for row is 120. Haven't really been doing rows however.

High reps. It's not a movement that plays nicely with big weights.

Just buy weights and a rack and workout at home?

allright, thanks.
I've actually been doing these with (relatively)high weigths.
Zydrunas said the same thing somewhere, but why is it that it's better with light weight?