When did you grow out of lifting?

When did you grow out of lifting?

I feel like I'm growing out of it...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jhb5lfqSIw8&t=314s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

3,5 year in. haven't grown out of it yet but its a chore at this point

Nope, you have just lost motivation.

Ironically this is probably because you lacked the motivation to go the whole 9 before and didn't see the results social media said you should.

Suck it up, dig deep and push harder.
There is always room for improvement.

youtube.com/watch?v=jhb5lfqSIw8&t=314s

I have seen the results. I even did 2 cycles of roids.

but somehow i'm just disinterested. I simply want to maintain a base-level of strength and muscle for daily life and otherwise be as healthy as possible. I'd rather play sports or do some sort of endurance sport than lift these days.

you fags are obviously new to this fitness thing. it gets boring over time

>Will hit the 5th year mark in July 2017.

I still love it, but I had to change my training to stick with it. I do full-body now, just 3 sets per lift per body-part. I do the routine 4-7 times a week, depending on how I feel, which means I get 12-21 sets per body-part per week.

I found that I started to hate doing bro-splits, upper/lowers, and pplxppl - it felt like way too much work for each individual muscle group, and it turns out it actually was. I have better results now, just doing 3 quality sets for every body-part every-time I lift, instead of just doing like 15+ overkill shitty sets.

Then do it senpai
Do rugby or something with the strength/endurance duality
That way you can still keep liftan as a secondary or even tertiary aspect of your fitness life my dude
Ive felt what you feel too, and it feels weird mang - but that shit's normal

This. The people with the Rocky Balboa shit of "NEVR GIVE UP, WE R GUNNA MAKE IT" have been lifting likely for under two years and are excited because they added 20lbs to their squat or more this month and are finally becoming non-obese.

Once you lift for a few years it gets extremely boring and monotonous and you question whether it's worth it, rather than just maintaining what you have.

Then you need to do what best suits you mate.
I have run gear and tried most supplements that didn't seem like complete bullshit (yes, even though most are), but every time I take some time off, I truly miss it. Its an ingrained addiction at this point, both mentally and physically.

Go play sports and do other shit, its not like you cant go back to it again.

Welcome to life son, everything gets boring after time.

I'm just really unsure of if this is what I want to do ever again.

Feels like such a waste of time spending money and effort on gear, whey, food etc.

Then dont.
There is no written rule that says you have to or its a necessity in life.

Nothing is a waste of time, yet so is everything.
You would have learnt things and achieved things, that alone makes any input worthwhile.

Its like any breakup, time and a new focus will get you through it.

Feels retarded to say to myself "Yes I took bathtub chemicals to achieve something for a hobby I'm not longer interested in the slightest in".

You ever drop E at a club and now you dont go clubbing anymore?
Same thing. It was an experience, you lived and you move on.

Yeah but I risked my health and spent so much money on this shit

For a long time all I cared about was work and lifting. That's all I did. It was like my identity.

ITT: beginners giving advice to people who have been lifting 3-5x longer than them

I have periods of low motivation and lacking discipline but I'll never grow out of lifting.

lifting makes me feel good t b h

i think i'd only grow out of it if i stopped being a depressed failure who needed it to feel like he is accomplishing something

h-haha right guys

try taking a break for a while and then see if you miss it

You may have made it your Identity, but that doesn't mean it is.
You are looking for reassurance on the choice you want to make and nobody can give you that.
Just go do what feels right and learn some new shit about yourself in the process.

So far as risk goes, I wont pretend to know what you have done, but I honestly dont care. You either came off fine or you didn't, either way hopefully you learnt something from it.

Kek, there is always at least one DYEL faggot that throws a little cry in a thread because they want attention...cmon then bubba, share some of your wise insight?

On the same page bud.

6 years lifting here - Anytime I stop feeling motivated I just maintain my current lifts and stop pushing for PR's. It takes A LOT of the stress out of it. When I get back into the mood I start pushing for PR's again.

Going to the gym and just maintaining your lifts, even if it's for long periods of time, is still 10,000 times better than just stopping all-together.

Yeah my Bench is still the same as it was a year ago, maybe 1-2% better, but hey, at least I still bench 130kg for reps. If I gave up I'd probably be back down to 70-80kg again.

I do the same thing as you man, I've been lifting for 8 years+. I found that pushing for squat and dead lift PRs made me feel fried, though I did it for a long time, and go through periods of chasing PRs on and off. These days I also work on mobility and cardio, but I usually leave cardio to the end of a workout or do it at a different time so it affects my lifts less. I also try to exercise outside the gym with friends or go for a run, surf etc.

I also tried counting macros for a fair while, which I think everyone should try. Now I'm focused on eating healthily, with a fairly high protein intake. I basically eyeball food and control what I eat over the course of a day/week, to gain or lose weight depending on my goal at the time. Feelsgoodman to stress less about macros, lifts and my routine etc.