Tfw you keep falling for the strength meme

I want to just embrace aesthetics fully and only lift for that but I can't get past this mental barrier I have where the workout feels useless unless I'm progressing in my big 3 and lifting very heavy.

What in the world is wrong with doing the big three lifts, even if you're only after aesthetics?

I'm in a more advanced type of programming for powerlifting that is taking up all my time, each workouts only goal is progressing my big 3 weight and it's pretty intense so I have next to no energy for legit bodybuilding accessories the way I want to, but if I quit this program and just fully embrace aesthetics I know I will lose total weight on my compounds and that fills me with an insane level of anxiety.

That's why your workout should be based around 4-5 heavy compounds that you consistently progress and supplement with higher volume isolations and accessory movements.

weights, bulking, cutting. it's all a meme lol. you've been bamboozled my man.

What are your stats on those lifts cause i suspect youre fucking lying.

375 bench press, 475 squat, 495 deadlift. I'm not going to post a picture of myself either so I might as well be lying because I get the impression that you won't believe me.

Maybe I just have some type of mental issue, because if I'm not progressing on those lifts and trying to make them as big as I can I feel like it's a waste of a workout, but I would kill to just train like a bodybuilder with high reps and isolation work and get big pumps and all that. The way I'm training right now I might have the every for one assistance exersize possibly two at the end but that won't be anything groundbreaking.

Youre right i dont believe you at all. Unless you post a pic of body no one else will either.

Well we're stuck here then. This thread has progressed as far as it possibly can with just the two of us.

I get it. Most bodybuilders have shit squats, deadlift, and bench numbers. They just look big but aren't actually strong.

>2
this thread is more progressive than your counting gainz

why dont you believe him? i train at a strength and conditioning gym and these numbers are pretty above average but nothing unbelievable

Yeah. I haven't figured out how to not care about being strong yet. It's starting to have a negative impract on me by obsessing over it.

You're not even that particularly strong outside of your bench. What the fuck program are you running?

Sheiko. Bench is ridiculous because I was a retard when I first lifted and only ever did upper body so the last few years have been me trying to unfuck my ratios which hasn't been fun.

Just drop the fat. Its not hard. None of your lifts will go down either cause those were my lifts and i cut 45 pounds without losing a pound on my total.

You have so much room to add extra work in sheiko. You shouldn't be running a powerlifting specific program year round either. Take a few months off and work on lagging muscles and weaknesses you have. You won't be getting as strong but your body will thank you.

Alright I'll try this out and see what happens. If I just keep telling myself it's only temporary I won't get as worried. Thanks for the advice.

No problem user. My bench is weaker than yours, but my squat and deadlift are stronger. Look into Greg Nuckols' 28 free programs on strengtheory.com. They're single lift programs. You can customize them and add some additional accessories.

That's because they cut for their competitions. Off-season, they are quite strong. Not as strong as powerlifters, but still strong.

Fucking sarcasm is too much for you guidos eh?

No shit pro bodybuilders are strong. That was my point. Even a pure bb program will get you strong.

Dense mother fucking jabronis