Patellar tendonitis?

Anyone here have patellar tendonitis?

What have you guys done to fix it? Anything work?

Currently trying decline body weight squats after reading some journals on it

Do you work out?
do you have a job where you stand in awkward positions for long periods of time or often?

Oh yeah I have a routine and everything, I just had to drop squats cause of the issue, I don't have a job that involves standing in an award position, but I ski a ton of park which probably is responsible for fucking up my knees

Depends on the cause. I had extremely tight quads that caused the tendonitis.

Stretching:
Hip flexors
Glutes
Abs
Lower back
Hamstrings
Quads

Strengthening:
Body weight squats, to about 90 degrees.

My physio also massaged my quads with her elbow.

Will stretch, that might be the cause

Any really good stretches you recommend?

Stretching hamstrings is counter-productive.

Do eccentric single-leg squats on a slant board, 3x10 every morning, and increase the volume and frequency gradually.

That's what I'm doing at the moment

when it comes to cases like this its often about finding where the stress is from. then reduce the cause of stress by 50% and use strength training to build it up, slowly. then as you get a lot stronger you can work yourself back to what you used to do.
And make sure to sleep enough. Omega-3 supplementation may help too.

Yeah I haven't skied in a long time due to a separate collar bone injury so the knee pain has gone way down, I'm just looking to find advice on how to bounce back as best I can. Sleeps a bitch because of university, but makes sense, I'll eat more salmon for the fatty acids too, thanks.

"tight muscles" are not usually the case. Physios cant even tell the difference between regulare and tight muscles. There are done lots of studies on it. You cant palpate a tight muscle, and there is no evidence that there is such a thing as tight muscles.

I also forgot to add that nordic curls or hamstrin curls may also help a lot.

this one is good
also massage the hip flexors and quads, especially vmo and ITB

Oh perfect, I already did these for warm up before I stopped squatting, I'll just pick it up again

Got will, will try both variations, thanks again

make sure to induce posterior pelvic tilt when you do them (clench dem gloots bb)

How do you stretch the quads? I can do my hip flexors no problem, but I can never feel anything when I try to stretch quads.

hip flexors and quads stretched roughly the same way. If you think of knee and torso aligned as the midpoint, doing a stretch with knee in front of hips is more of a quad stretch, while knee behind hips is more of a hip flexor stretch. Both will get stretched doing either, it's just a question of emphasis

Dude, is that Maddox?

I always envisaged maddox as a fat neckbeard, but I don't know. It's unlikely.

Box squats helped me. Just do light work.

hes a skinnyfat neckbeard, actually.

Had a pretty bad case, but it's relatively gone now. I used a foamroller on not only the muscles to the side of my shins, but my IT band as well. Be sure to get one of a really thick density.

Currently in the process of fixing it, and it's going the right way. The thread is mostly on point this far. I'm working with reduced intensity and volume, slowly rebuilding volume capacity, always stretching quads and hips thoroughly before I start and warming up extensively (skimping on stretching and warmup immediately results in a setback). Variety in lift selection also seems to help. I've been doing light bulgarian split squats, leg press, paused highbar, lowbar, you name it.

Most of you probably have tendonosis, not tendinitis

>placing nearly all of weight on patella

i shiggy diggy

>while its stretched out

I have it and got some tips on rehab when I won a pt session at Gold's.

First, stop doing squats or jumping for a bit. You don't want to de any further damage, because it takes exponentially longer to heal the worse it is. I have patellar tendinitis in both knees playing basketball because I injured one knee and went back to playing too fast, which blew out the other one.

Start with 10 min on a stationary bike to warm up. Not anything too much. I do about lvl 5 resistance at 90rpm. It's not a cardio warmup, it's just to lubricate the knees. I've found that my right knee will pop on every rotation for about the first two minutes, but then will be fine after that.

Next, go over to a leg extension machine and set it to the lowest setting. Extend both legs fully, the drop the healthy one, leaving the knee with tendinitis at the top. Slowly lower the injured leg, then repeat for 3x10. Add more weight after a few days when the pain starts to recede. This is meant to strengthen the tendon, not the quads. I started out doing this 3 days a week, and I increased to 5-7 once my knees started to get stronger.

Finally, stretch the legs. Do glutes, quads, and hamstrings. If you have some of those stretchy yoga bands, you can even do light leg extension lying face up on the mat.

She also showed me some exercises on the boca ball, or whatever that thing that looks like half a yoga ball is, to help build stabilization muscles. They're pretty much what you'd expect: side lunges, back lunges, and squats with one foot on the ball.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, it doesn't hurt for some reason. My PT is below the knee cap, and when you do this stretch, 80% of your weight is on the front foot and 20% is on the top part of the knee cap.