Do you regret not playing sports in high school Veeky Forums?

Do you regret not playing sports in high school Veeky Forums?

Kinda wish I did wrestling

Aside from that, don't give a fuck about handegg and don't have the height for ape hoop

I regret not getting contacts and going to the gym in highschool to go from JV to Var.
Still was fun tho
the bus rides, the friends, ahh

no

I'm more healthy and athletic than most people who did

someone post the copy pasta of this guy rolling his dads SUV and both of them dying

After high school, I went to college and forgot all about the playpen that is high school.

One of my friend at the time though, he was too stupid for college and didn't have the health required for the Army. Some time after my first semester of college, I found out that he drives his car to our high school parking lot and parks there and waits for the students who are still there to get out so he can try to talk to or at least watch them leave.

This thread reminded me of that guy.

Fuck no. It would have lead nowhere.

The only sport I played in HS was table tennis, but I was pretty good at it. I also lifted since I was 16 and I had the highest bench in my School when I graduated, so I was "that guy". Mind you we didn't have a football team or anything so there wasn't a lot of competition. Still missed out on teenage love due to autism, though.

Not at all. I went to a small private school and our sports teams were garbage outside of girls varsity soccer.

Nah. Fuck chad.

I played higschool football, but quit halfway through. I was a huge guy and pretty good, but I knew I would never go pro and a scholarship wouldn't be worth it. I grew up in a Friday night lights kind of town so you can imagine how I became an instant social pariah.

Instead I focused on my studies and am now a medfag with everything generally going well for myself. When I go back to my hometown to visit my parents I all the former team mates are poor as shit and need like 8 Norco a day just to function with their orthopedic injuries. Some of them managed to get recruited to small colleges on sports scholarships where they got waived through BS degrees and now they all work in factories.

No regrets.

I did play. I had/have a friend who didn't and always acted superior about it. One night he finally admitted he wished he had.

He has a body like a sack of potatoes.

nah I just went hiking and did hundreds of pushups while watching lone wolf and cub

I do wish Id gotten on a decent programm when I started hitting he gym though

regret not getting into wrestling because of how much discipline and motivation they teach you which i fucking need as of now

They do, frequently.

I did, but I was late in puberty so it didn't help me much despite being the best at soccer in school. I guess I would've been bullied more if I wasn't good though.

But I was captain of the bowling team

Yeah I guess. Like I'm going to make my kids do it, just for the benefits to your personality, coordination, variety of athletic skill etc. I ran cross country and that was about it until I started working out a little bit. My genetics give me a well toned ottermode body naturally so I feel like some sports could've helped give me a better frame as an adult.

I did get to experience teenage love though, and oh is it magical.

Not to mention the possibility of their brains being fucked up from concussions.

yes and no

>grew up playing football with all the jocks
>decided to stop playing in hs
>became performance arts fag
>one of few males who could actually sing/act/move his body in a natural way so I always got big parts
>got popular through that and from still being friends with the athletes
>banged theater/choir qts

Looking back, I would have been a mediocre football player. I was faster than most, and would have gotten stronger/faster playing football, but I also would have missed out on a bunch of other great times that I had with the drama fags.

No. I delayed hitting the gym for as long as possible, and even now it's a drag that eats up a bunch of my time for very slow returns.

but nobody will ever know

that's... sad

Yes.

good for you realizing the reality of your future so young, man. Especially in a football town.

Started swimming in junior year, Literally went from a low level swimmer to varsity/ districts before the season even started.
Senior year I was a few seconds short of State qual
Also I went 2/3 vs our varsity baseball pitcher in senior year.(hadn't played since I was 12
Started running a few months after I graduated and ran a 1:30:00 half marathon with 3 months of half ass training and then not running for a month.

I regret not being disciplined and wasting my formative years playing vidya and MTG.
But I grew up without a dad and mom was poor/mentally ill. So there is no way I could have afforded more sports anyway (not that i knew of at the time), thank goodness swimming literally cost $100 for two years.

Dropped sports after freshman year to get a job instead.

Still worked out around that schedule.

Still beat most jocks during pe fitness tests.

Yeah, and I love sports ;_;

>Kinda wish I did wrestling

Same.

No homo.

Britfag so there is pretty much no such thing as high school sports. Got into Lacrosse at uni and I've been having what I'd imagine is a similar experience.

>team full of bros
>lots of drinking and having fun
>grills on female lacrosse team are all qts
>get to feel important at varsity

Skated/snowboarded/lacrosse in high school

Fuck I'm white

>TFW in America schools offers you sport activities with professional equipment and coaches.

Life in USA must be fun

>be american
>get shot

sounds very fun

I played cricket in high school and this was before 2020 existed so we played test

That's right, I stood around in a field for several hours for a few days in a row, catching a ball every 10-20 minutes and being forced to listen to a wicketkeeper who thinks he's a comedian. Nice garry xddddd fuck cricket

American high schools are pretty great if you don't get stuck in nigville or chicanotown.

its still seems fun to be honest. I grow up watching 80s and 90s movies and serials about american youth. I wish i had that life, its nostalgia/uthopia/autism whatever you call it i still dream about living in those universe

But I did play high school sports, I was on the basketball team. It was ok, I made friends and was automatically considered a jock.

It would have improved my mental health and social skills/circle, so yes.
I don't think it would have made me chadmode or given me a considerably better body to pull girls with.

On the flip side, I find almost all competitive sports to be mind-numbingly boring to watch or talk about, which I don't think would have changed.

I played varsity soccer in High School, that's where i met all of my friends. This guys were great at soccer even some of em got scholarships to good universities here in texas. The group that i hanged out with where all drinkers and smokers, i had my first drink with em and had my first smoke with em. Took me years to realize that this guys were all fucking losers and i was heading the wrong way. I honestly regret meeting em. I recently quit smoking, it was a fucking haste. I go to my old town to visit them time to time, the main dude that use to be the best defense in the team, now is a drinker and stuck in a dead end job, it looks like he doesnt wanna do anything else other than drink, smoke and go to work. Some times i regret meeting them because I wonder what it would of been like if I've never smoked or drink for all of those years. Wasted a good 4 or 5 years.

No, i played football and wrestled in HS.

Really jump started my lifting career, as i was able to hit 1/2/3/4 in under 6 months after i got a gym membership

But I'm a boxer, op.

>Still beat most jocks during pe fitness tests.
I did too. But then I realized that the jocks probably slacked in those since it's retarded to give it your all and get super tired. We had suicide races that I always won. You'd drop out when you felt like it. I was the autistic faggot who kept going. Looking back I probably looked like a smarmy faggot. I ended up being the only one who kept going and going back and forth.

Nigga I regret being born, lol

But really I was playing a lot of basketball, not in the school team though because they sucked and I had problems with authority, typical, edgy tryhard teen issues

I did play sports but we don't have this "school spirit" culture the US has.

I played Rugby and Cricket, the closest action it ever got us was sharing the bus with the girl's netball team and I got a handy

I did golf but I didn't get women from it

Ahhh drama girls. The first sluts to realize themselves :')

no because i was shut in and working my ass off to get into med school.
literally stayed inside during lunch breaks to study.

thats sad.

>tfw I played hockey, ran track, ran xc
>tfw lettered in all three
>tfw only one of the jocks at my school smart enough to realize it wouldn't last
>tfw finishing up my masters in software engineering
>tfw everyone else from hockey team is moron jock douche still

Sean?

English secondary school is somewhat different to the All-American, Jocks vs Nerds scenario of the USA

A 45 minute kickabout on tarmac once a week and possibly a bit of cricket in the Summer. A 'cross country' run trespassing across a nearby farm and making a detour to the local shopping precinct for a ciggy was a rare trear. That was the extent of our 'sports' set up.

There were 15 or so lads in the year that were great at football and they made up the team from day one and the lineup never changed. Amerifats are obsessed with S P O R T S

Studying for med school in high school is a waste of time and shows really poor judgement.

Sorry man.

I was a spaz at sports, built like an Ethiopian and had no speed or agility of any kind

I am genetic sewage and deserve to die

I'm not american but a healthy mind in a healthy body is the GOAT way to start in life. Sports at school should be encouraged. Study in the morning, do sports in the afternoon, come home too tired to become part of the """"problematic youths"""".

Epitome of american civilization.
It's all shit now.

>TFW you feel the same

I was a three sport varsity athlete for 4 years and I regret it so much. Wish I had done wrestling and only wrestling.

OP's pic is depressing as fuck

A peak human experience. Being young, beautiful, genetically superior and having the validation of being the sports 'star' and getting to pound incredible, tight teen pussy the likes of which most men could never dream of

>tfw Wizard

kill me srs

Isn't lacrosse for girls in UK? Well based on all those girls boarding school books I've read...

I don't regret not playing sports. I do regret not lifting during puberty.

>dropped out of hs because I made an internet company and got rich
>24 now and regret it, would give up all my riches to go back

What's the point

I did and I was pretty good, but all our teams were dogshit. I was the best player on a winless football team. I play rugby now in college and that's pretty fun so I guess I'm glad I dis. I have chronic knee pain from an apehoop injury though .

>when you have nothing else going on in life so you go to your old high school and watch the students

girls lax is much different, no contact allowed, no helmets needed, no pockets on their heads, basically a mockery of the sport.

I got cut from the soccer team sophomore year. My oldest brother was in college, but he was a star when he was in high school. Telling him I got cut sucked.

Me too, I lacrosse and rugby instead, but I started doing BJJ as an adult and like it more than any sport I've encountered. Wish I had started earlier.

he said sports, user

I did wrestling, mma, track, and powerlifting.
Literally rammed out any girl i wanted.

>be yuropoor
>have no money
>not allowed to buy plastic butter knives without ID
>get raped by mudslimes
>get stabbed and slowly bleed out
sounds very fun

>play football in neighborhood with friends in middle school and beggining of high school, many of who were on football team
>they always encouraged me to try out for wide receiver (had good hands and moves)
>too shy and nervous to give it a go

Also

>pitched a seven innings shutout in 7th grade.

Yea I regret it sometimes, but I'll never know so whatever.

Is it possible to go back to college for a masters and try out as a walkon?

I was on the football team but I hit puberty very late (senior year), so I was bullied freshman + sophomore year by my own "teammates" and eventually quit.

Now I have social anxiety because I think everyone is out to get me, how was your day?

So in summary, I regret trying to play a sport I wasn't ready for.

I took balls to the face for 3 years until I stopped playing soccer and water polo because of a broken leg that put me off the team for a season. Did basketball at a rec league level through college.

You know, despite the memes, this is nominally a fitness board. Don't act so surprised that some of us actually enjoy participating in sports.

same dude, I tried signing up for basketball as a fat fuck freshman because I thought I'd be good at it, got rekt the first day and quit all sports after that

Yeah we pretty much got fucked by our parents, even though I love them.

The best way to create a positive future for your children is to teach them sports at a young age. They learn teamwork, how to socialize, work ethic, etc. None of which I was able to learn properly.

TLDR: PUT YOUR KIDS IN SPORTS

Yes.
I could easily have been a badass.

Me:
>weirdo
>introvert (spent most of my time in my own head)
>spaz (brashly opinionated on sensitive topics)
>social anxiety (only one close friend, and he's the one who made the effort)
>major confidence issues
>high test scores (usually perfect) and straight A's makes up for that, right? (No.)

My father was a runner, my brother is an all around beast. But I didn't grow up with them.

Joined the USMC a couple years after HS in an attempt to commit suicide (figured it would literally kill me).
Now
>run 3 miles in 19 minutes
>25 pullups
>squat 325-3x10
>bench 265-3x10
>can hand over hand a 30ft rope up and down all day
>do burpees and pistols all day
>manhandled the fuck out of most people, most with minimal effort
They didn't get me there so much as give me the motivation to get there. I'll have that 300pft this year.
Too bad I didn't realize how easy it was for me to get this strong in just a couple years when I was 13-14.

sounds like ur in alabama too

Did you have time left for studying?

not op but, you don't need to spend much time studying in HS

i barely studied and had straight A's

No but now im a military stud so i still slay mad pus

I regret playing sports in high-school.

What you see in that pic is not what actually happens, what actually happens after your winning game is you go back to the locker room with a bunch of other sweaty young men and the coach yells at you for minor mistakes to make himself feel important even though the season is over. If you play for any good team no one is going to tolerate a break of discipline like the OP pic. Not your coach and not your teammates.

What actually happens is hours of bleeding and sweating every day, effort that no one but your teammates will really appreciate.

And yeah a few faggots know your name and you get some minor local fame, but then you leave high-school and none of that matters.

Meanwhile some skinnyfats get hot gfs just because they pay attention to them and go out drinking with them. While you stay at home trying to stay ahead in academia so you can get into a top tier programme and have a good career.

You want a hot gf in HS all you have to do is go get her and spend less time on the self-improvement meme.

by mad puss do you mean mad boi puss? or dikes?

I regret not getting kept back a year. I was born in the last week of the year, so I was always smaller for my age. Problem was I wasn't dumb enough for it to be worthwhile.

eh, i definitely dont regret it. if i didn't play sports in HS i would still be morbidly obese and weak

it's what started my interest in lifting/nutrition

I did play soccer from first grade to the end of high school. However as a Euro it wasn't school affiliated but a separate team. I did enjoy it but I regret I didn't get into weight training until much later.

I wrestled, but found bjj surprisingly less gay due to the lack of unitards.

>if i didn't play sports in HS i would still be morbidly obese and weak
Nah, you don't need to play sports to be fit you could just work out in your own time.

If you found Veeky Forums early you would be training more efficiently too, you would look better today.

murica

School funding is based on graduation rates, so standards have been dropping for the past 20 years. Nobody seems to care about this.

You do if you want to get into a good college and make something of yourself. You need to not only study but also spend time picking up extra knowledge and working on something real to present in your application.

That's cool I guess, but unless you have a degree or went to study in an officer / high rank academy you will never be anything more than a private in your life- is that what you want out of it? You may fight but you will do minimal decision making in a war and instead fill out some fixed task. Where will your mark in history be? In contrast you could've spent all that time studying, got into Harvard, and from there made a jump into something that will truly change the world. Maybe even become a military weapons engineer that will change the course of warfare a millionfold to what a single soldier will.

HS wrestling was great. Fun sport, got me in amazing shape, and I learned enough to be confident at least not dying fighting 99% of people I come across.

Same. I played lacrosse. Wrestling is a good martial arts base and those guys are in shape af

Maybe should have done rugby or something so I could have a bit more mass, but not a bit deal

I studied to be a smartfag and I managed to lose my virginity to a hot chick before she became a slut when I was 15 through drama in year 10

Sports are fucking boring, I could never stand them.

nobody cares because they've all decided that undergrad is the new HS, and that it's acceptable to spend 1000's of dollars on what should mostly be a HS level education. I was a TA for 3rd yr bio labs and people still couldn't write a complete sentence in their reports.

>if you want to get into a good college
You can get in to any college by doing community college for 2 years and getting transfer credits.
It's also cheaper and you don't need to spend as much at the university, plus you'll be doing classes specific to your major instead of the gen ed bullshit.

I did play sports
But I had asthma, awful vision, and was always skinny as fuck (poor family)
Needless to say, I never had a chance of being CHAD even then
I am happy though that I took some martial arts, at least I feel like I could defend myself if I had to

I never got Americans, for the ridiculous sums of money that it takes to go to college in the US, you guys can easily live in Europe for a few years and study there.

>Wanting to live in a muslim infested SJW paradise
Literally why

UK here. I'd study in America just for the wrestling.