What was the longest break you took from lifting and how did it affect your strength gains...

what was the longest break you took from lifting and how did it affect your strength gains? two months here and it's pretty hard to get back on track

1 year. all gains gone.

@40001624

>2 month break
>that image
Not even giving your poorly attempted troll a (you)
Fuck offf

1.5 years

Surpassed my original gains 6 months after starting again

Just over a year. Went back to skelly. Weight and strength come back extremely quickly when I restarted though

i'm gonna be going 4 weeks without lifting soon
never had that long off before

>Summer before transferring to a real university was at my peak performance. Had Bulking diet on point and lifts were great.
>School starts and school starts killing my motivation to go to the gym
>Loose tons of progress and could no longer do 2 plate bench.
>1 year stop completely to fix my shit up with depression
>go back to the gym with the will power and dedication of a 1000 suns on september.
>Get back to my summer starts in 2 months.
>Benching 2 plates for reps, 1 plate ohp reps, and hopefully get squats and deadliest to reach 2/3 soon.
I thank a lot my muscle memory from all the previous lifting I have done before. I was able to jump rather quickly back into it. if it wasn't for the muscle memory it might have taken me twice the time to get to where I'm at. I've learned my lesson and that is to make the gym a priority. I'll not let another year go to waste again. (However, I felt I needed to see the whole year go to waste to fully understand the importance of the gym to me.

Stopped lifting for a month because of visiting family and then losing motivation when I got back. I just got back to it like 3 hours ago and I literally want to die, I had to put my numbers down pretty far :'(

stopped for 4 years, lost all gains, got a bit chubby, started again and was better than before in 6-8 months. Had more discipline with my diet tho.

2years. lost 45lbs.

6months back and I'm twice as strong

I got chikungunya once, and it took about two weeks for me to get well enough to go to school, and another two months for the joint pains to disappear. Was at 120lbs/165 lbs/285 lbs/350 lbs (3x5) at the time. Restarted again to basically zero, but I managed to surpass my performance before I got sick after 3.5 months or so.

I took a year break after moving to LONDON, then got back into it, then kinda bottomed out and got distracted by other stuff. I still lifted but my diet wasn't there, I'd skip gym for drinks / make excuses that I was tired.

I found my strength went down by about 20% and I lost a lot of size.

Dont do what i did lads... getting depressed or whatever is fair enough - i was just lazy!

Honestly the more i browse fit the more motivated i am

Were you in Honduras? That shit sucks. One of my buddies got it and still has joint pain 2 years after.

I was a fat piece of shit during christmas and just reached my mid december weight.

Philippines. Yeah, it's terrible.

2 months. Went from 4 pullups to 0 again

Really? I stopped for a month and when I got back I did the exact same lifts

3 weeks currently because of an injury.
Don't know yet. Fearing the worst.

6 weeks. Injuries healed right up, no loss of strength (after the usual rough first session back).

I do a long break at least once a year. Make more progress in the long run this way.

1 year of not stepping into the gym at all, being a degenerate and smoking weed every night (I had a badly herniated disc and it stopped the sciatic nerve pain) while working a desk job.

After 3 months of training again I hit 20kg PR's on every lift.

11 years. Not by much thanks to genetics and my job

So, you basically lift 20kg right now? #rektt

I took about a 3 month break after going strong for 2 years due to depression / hating my new job. Lost a good deal of strength and size gains on the way, and found it hard to get back into it.. that being said, I pushed through and here we are another 2.5 years later and I'm stronger and bigger than ever.

Get in there today and start the consistency up again. Pic is me now

6 weeks in November-december because of illnes and christmas shit

I put on 6-7lbs and my abs became less visible (I am not ripped but I had less than 15% bodyfat for sure)

Just started to work out again
I went from 2plate bench to 1.5pl8
from 2pl8 squat to 1 plate
3pl8 DL to 2 pl8

I expect to get my strength back soon, even thoug I am cutting my calories

also
OHP from LMAOALMOST1PL8 to 0.5pl8

>mfw OHP LMAOALMOST1PL8 is goals

>Honestly the more i browse fit the more motivated i am

Pretty much the only reason I come back to this place... that and some manlet/fph hate threads