Am fat guy. Started running this week. My body is pain

Am fat guy. Started running this week. My body is pain.

Run some more fatty. Also go read the fat hate threads.

whats the point if it doesent hurts?

How fat?

If you're a true fatty ding dongs, you should switch to ellipticals, bikes, and swimming. Anything over 200 lbs puts your joints at risk when you're running.

Swimming burns waaay more calories anyway.

I can't find my scales, but based on the last time I weighed myself I would estimate ~130kg.

I can't swim/ride a bike/anything in public, I'm cripplingly self conscious. I've been running because I can do it in my backyard.

LOSER
OSER
SER
ER
R
LOSER

If you're a landwhale, don't bother running for exercise until you're human-sized. Just put the fork down

I've already improved my diet, but I have a desk job so I expend very little energy. If I were going to lose weight through diet alone I would need to completely stop eating.

Cycle instead, much less risk of injury. I prefer it as well

No, just being fat burns a bunch of calories. Cardio makes your body even hungrier and makes it harder. Just do lifts and basic shit like walking everywhere.

>cripplingly self conscious

Well I can't blame you. HOWEVER, you should still grab a gym membership at one of those shitty chain gyms for ten dollarydoos a month and pedal on the bikes. Half the people in the cardio sections are always obese. No one will even bat an eye, I promise you.

Running will fuck up your knees at your weight. It won't happen immediately, but it will. Wait until you're at least 220 lbs before you start running, and make sure you use proper midfoot strike form to minimize impact.

>lose weight through diet alone

90% of your fat loss will be due to diet. At 270 lbs, you won't even really have to exercise. Just do keto or some shit and let the fat melt off on its own.

If you're too embarrassed to go out in public then you've got bigger issues than just your weight.

○ go to a doctor and tell him about your weight/anxiety complex and get him to hook you up with a psychologist/therapist. If you live in a 1st world country it should be covered by universal healthcare
○ rigorously keep track of your progress with apps and calendars and whatnot, however DON'T become emotionally attached to the results. Your weight won't go down linearly, it'll most likely be cyclical (think about the stock market) - what this means is that you'll have days where you gain weight despite doing everything right. I have an obese friend who emotionally crashes everytime his scale numbers go up on a diet (hint: he was never successful)

Some dieting tips:
○ The best diets are the ones that adjust you to the diet you'll live with for the rest of your life at your goal weight. Your problem is not being overweight, that's just a symptom. Your problem is that you've somehow rationalized and normalized a diet that has made you an obese sack of shit. Your eating habits are absolutely garbage. Fixing it should be your main goal, weight loss will come as a result of that.
○ Drink traditional drinks like water, coffee, tea. Your tastebuds are probably adjusted to oversweetened shit. Sure you can lose weight on diet soda, but no grown man who drinks sugar water on the reg is respected. Also, tea and coffee suppress hunger.
○ Vegetables are your best friend when you are hungry. They are high in fiber and make you feel full as well as having excellent micronutritients and low calories. My obese friend hates vegetables. Don't be the stereotypical obese guy; obese picky eaters who turn their nose up at vegetables while sipping their flavored sugar water are pathetic. Great quick snacks are carrot sticks, cucumber sticks and celery sticks. No dressing.
○ fruit has great micronutritients and fiber, but contains lots of sugar. Don't overdo it

> running in back yard

What the fuck, are you a dog? I bet your neighbors love that

>rigorously keep track of your progress with apps and calendars and whatnot

better to weigh yourself once a month because of this

you start looking forward to seeing how things turn out and push yourself harder like a kid trying to be good before christmas

kek this

I used to walk stairs up and down. I'm not sure how much stress that puts on your joints but I'd wager it's less than when you run.

>130kg
>If I were going to lose weight through diet alone I would need to completely stop eating
Sure thing

bruh i lost my first 30lbs just by controlling kcals, walking around 20km a week and lifting a bit every other day. Start with that.

Hey OP just got back from a 10 mile ruck run with a 75 lb loadout. Made it in 1:46:00 which isn't my best time but good enough. How does it feel knowing you'll never be able to do this because you're genetically inferior? Better start running fatty.

I'm 200 lbs btw

Just take walks man. Or get a gym membership. Nobody cares for fat people in the gym.

While the idea of getting half naked around other people might be the last thing you want to do, swimming is awesome high quality, low impact cardio then will have you shed weight really fast. Im against running for the obese as it can be hard on the knee, ankle and hip joints and a genuine injury right now is the last thing you need. Movement and a high heart rate are called for.(Also police your calorie intake) Good luck user!

>I'm 5ft 7 btw

You're not fooling anyone, tubby

Keep at it buddy. I'm 234lbs down from 290lbs - only took about 6 months (I do 2 hour walks myself up hills) with a good but basic diet. First week or so is painful, but keep at it - when you notice the losses, it feels amazing - and then, after a while, the exercise gets easier, you start to look better, feel better, more positive, more alive basically.

I've still got another 50lbs to lose. But dammit if I'm not going to get there. You can too.

You're mile time, even with a ruck, sucks arse