/plg/ Powerlifting General

powerliftinggeneral.com/

How Fast should you Squat: Descent Speed
youtube.com/watch?v=uNggizAJvds

>set up edition

Links are in the website!

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=zdIppuc5up4
soundcloud.com/helblinde/helblinde-holding-out-for-a-herofc-25th-december-release
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sheiko Programs:

Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

in for deadlifts till you puke

kek, nah.

go back to pol m80

>2000 kcal deficit
You're gonna crash and burn Norsie

In for going super saiyan before deadlifting for extra power level.

Heavy squat and deadlift webms are impressive. Bench... not so much. Not at all, in fact.

Winding up your body in the most stupid, convoluted fashion, pressing your face against the bench (what the fuck), all so that you can have a back arch bigger than the fucking Missouri Gateway, resulting in the bar only having to be lowered four inches before it's touching your chest...

This shit is really stupid.

I beg to differ.

I'm doing mix of sheiko and candito's and I'm making mad gains and I'm very fucking happy right now. Bench routine is from sheiko rest from candito. In past month I've progressed more than in the past 2 years.

that just seems inefficient

>turning super saiyan
>inefficient

Have you ever watched dragon ball???? kekkk

This is much better, but it's still stupid.

It should be regulated so that you must be lying flat. I don't care if the weight decreased, you'd be doing a much deeper rom. It'd be much more impressive and it wouldn't look quite so stupid.

I hope this is me. Made hardly any progress last year, but the past few months I've been building some #momentum and I hope to see some rapid gains in the near future.

There was no yelling that was no super saiyan
i watched a lot of dragon ball

>lying flat

lol

why would you take someones advantageous attribute over another away from them?

>It should be regulated so that you must be lying flat
And now every powerlifter has fucked up shoulders so bench is removed from competitions.

>but it's still stupid.
Why?

>It should be regulated so that you must be lying flat
Why?

>I don't care if the weight decreased, you'd be doing a much deeper rom
It's powerlifting, not a ROM-contest

>It'd be much more impressive and it wouldn't look quite so stupid.
This is not bodybuilding. It's not about what looks impressive, it's about lifting as much weight as possible

You're taking half the rep away in this one ffs come on

Post PR songs that get you fired up.

youtube.com/watch?v=zdIppuc5up4

>lifting as much weight as possible

Yeah it should be, but this is only running off of a very diluted definition of 'lifting'.

Half these guys are just unracking and reracking the bar.

soundcloud.com/helblinde/helblinde-holding-out-for-a-herofc-25th-december-release
Lately this one, but any good terrorcore is also good.

Put the weight they're lifting on the bar and try it yourself.

You'll come to appreciate the intense test of skill, technique, and strength that is the powerlifting bench press with time.

Also no one would lift flat back cause it kills your shoulders.

i think i understand where he's coming from
and this is hoenstly an issue with all sports I feel, where the viewer misconcieves the competitive aspect of the sport with the recreational, where it's percieved as incorrect because they don't look the same. For example, backyard football looks nothing like professional play. Even something as simple as basketball doesn't look the same, and the viewer is unaccustomed to it. It doesn't look the same, but these guys can perform the same weight with a longer ROM.

>Juding powerlifting by your own, subjective standards instead of the written, accepted and enforced rules of a powerlifing federation

W E W

>Half these guys are just unracking and reracking the bar.
what a load of shit
and not everyone can do that, so if you can then use it to your advantage
and also this is powerlifting, there are trade offs
these people you see ' unracking and reracking' will have shit deadlifts where the majority of the total is made

if this is true you bench like a retard
this is simply not true
plz bench half of your bodyweights record with any amount of arch and your opinion might matter

bunch of typos but w/e

i didn't say he form is inefficient, just the dance

Jesus Christ Marie, it's a Saiyan transformation!

Why does he suck so much at benching

what

delete your account

Coventional deadlifts should be excluded from Powerlifting. I mean it is just not a respactable Lift. I mean why would you Pick Up a bar for only a few inches and then Act like its a Sport?

candito once asked if youd accept having ray williams body with at or near his strength

but i feel this is the better question

He does though. Norris is a BENCHLET

I said it!

He's a BENCHLET!!!!

can't believe there's another Goomba out there

I'm not denying it's heavy shit and I'm not disagreeing that only the strongest can do it, but when it comes down to who can arch their back better as opposed to who's got the greater muscular strength, there's a problem. Just as all other lifts, be they oly or powerlifting, have regulations with form, bench should have regulations against arching.

I'd also argue that if it's going to fuck your shoulders up that bad then you can't handle the weight in the first place and again, it'd be coming down to total muscular strength over who can arch their back better.

I would love to hear Isleys opinion on this.

I did two dl amraps this week. Was fun.

Both people can arch. So it's fair, since both arch it's about the strength.

The differences in arch aren't that high, most difference comes from genetics aka how long your arms are.
Do you want the rules to limit the length of your arms as well?

Except he's literally standing up straight in this instance. If you're going to be a sarcastic cunt and make a weak point at least choose a worse example.

>there's a problem
lmao no theres not
dont powerlift if you have a problem with it
youll not be world tier anyway and you dont see it that extreme locally most of the time

What about squats? Would you want to ban low bar as well or people with short femurs all together? Should unlocking your knees in the deadlift be banned since if you cant do it stiff legged you just simply lack the muscels for it?

He was making a point in a satirical manner that body proportions and limbs length play a bigger factor and you can't regulate that.

The differences in arch are fucking huge.

Regardless, you've already admitted there's a difference, so it's going to affect the lift. Thus it's not entirely reliant on muscular strength and thus it's a sham.

should that guy in the webm be allowed to compete against average shaped people, since he is using an advantageous attribute that others wont have?

>Thus it's not entirely reliant on muscular strength and thus it's a sham
this is powerlifting tho??

But hes clearly kyphotic. So rounding some part of your spine is fine? Is it lumbar arching that makes a lift a joke or is thoracic rounding/arching just as bad? Your criteria is really not clear

No and no, because these are stupid examples which don't take half the lift away.

Again if you're going to be a sarcastic cunt give decent examples which prove your point.

I've been on a self made kinda half power lifting half bodybuilding routine for 8 years or so (have only been back lifting for 1 year after taking 15 months off for prison) I am 200lbs at 5'11 and around 18% body fat or so with a 285 bench, 365 squat and 495 dead. I am interested in doing my first real pure power lifting program and am wondering what i should do.

My current routine is a 4 day split with 5x5 on all the compounds. Bench, Squat, Dead and OHP being my 4th day, with higher rep isolation exercises that use the same muscle groups as whatever compound i'm doing that day.

Any suggestions on a routine?

What assistance exercises do you lads do for your deadlift and why?

Broke my old autism transition glasses today. What kind of frames should I get for my new pair?

Hipster ones?

I think he blew his shoulder up during strongman.

Alright mate so it's powerlifting yeah? Okay so why don't we just get up and stand on the bench and hoist he weight up and then rerack it because by your standards this is powerlifting and we'all have just lifted the weight.

No hope at all

>which don't take half the lift away.
lad are you honestly saying 2 people that are the same height, one locks out at knees and one locks out at dick,
dickboy doesnt have a dramatically harder and longer rom while starting with a back angle almost horizontal

Answer: because there has to be regulation on form to isolate specific muscle groups and thus arching the back should be restricted in order to conform with this.

Lowbar literally takes half the lift away compared to a atg overhead squat.

Both those people lock out at their max rom.

Arching your back reduces your rom.

You see where I'm coming from?

>Alright mate so it's powerlifting yeah? Okay so you do know the rules of a bench that would mean that cant happen

you want to go ahead and tell me the rules this would be breaking ?
yeah?

Exaggerating

They're not. The major differences come from arm length.

And powerlifting isn't just about muscular strength, technique and skill also matter.

Something with satin black frames :3c

>thus arching the back should be restricted

How would this be done?

>You see where I'm coming from?
yeah i see that you are letting one keep there advantage that carries more importance to the total
but not letting the other

you think we should have rom brackets to compete in as well for deadlifts?
because thats the only way i see it being fair

Ding, penny dropped!

There are rules. Rules which restrict people to doing specific movements in specific positions in order to isolate muscle groups. Rules which stop you from standing up and hoisting the bar to ensure this. Rules which should be expanded to disclude arching in order to further this.

>rom brackets

10/10

>Answer: because there has to be regulation on form to isolate specific muscle groups
What?

not an argument.

Any reason not to DL in my Adidas Powerlifts ? Tried it today and it felt easier so I might just go ahead and see if I could actually pull more that way. my quads are a strong point for me and the starting position feels more natural that way.

We've got a guy at my club who've squatted almost 200 as a 74. His deadlift is now slightly above 200, at 83 kg bw. Are you really going to tell him he can't jew his way to 10 kg extra in bench?

There already are rom brackets. There are in every lift, powerlifting or oly. A lift doesn't count if you don't complete it properly.

Better solution: POWERLIFTING IS A HOBBY.
Not a fucking serious sport, lol.

The people that think otherwise are spergs.

watch some competitions and notice that nobody good at deadlifting does it.

The arm length is still gonna make the differences in ROM the same.
Prohibiting arch will just make injury rates go up and weight lifted go down.
The differences from a lifter with short arms and one with long arms will be the same really.

They add 1.5cm+0.2cm of deficit. And some people don't like the position.

fuk u reeeeeeeeee

m8 there is no penny dropping
the are rules for a benchpress, these benches you dont like are within the rules, there is no need for some other rule because a specataor doesnt like the look of it

this is how other feds come about tho
what will you call yours

its called
>guy that starts lifting whats to change rules of something hes not a part of

What is the correct grip for dl squat and bench

Fucking manlets with their short limbs.

I don't see your point. A difference in arm length can make a lift harder for someone? That's fine. That's life. The distance of your natural rom is going to vary from person to person. But arching your back and cutting it out is an outside factor and that's the problem.

I know that already I just feel more comfortable in the starting position they give me. and I havev weaker hamstrings than quads so I doubt I would lift much less weight that way.

Yeah the thing is I love the position they give me, I also love pulling from a deficite. I dont know why but I dont really like the starting position in my regular conventional DL.

1-2 fingers on the smooth for sumo dl
As close as possible for lowbar squat
Max grip for bench

Im a 74 that squats 227 (v old max) and i wouldnt be able to jew 10kg on bench without changing tech and more volume

an outside
>skill

why do you keep saying problem?

did you read any of it before jumping in or just see the 74 bit?

The rules in sports do indeed change for the better. There are often major changes to those rules. Perhaps the demand for a change like this isn't coming any time soon due to the lack of popularity with regards to powerlifting.

I think this is wherein the difference of opinion lies.

What you consider to be a skill, most people will consider to be a cheap way of cutting out half the lift. And while you'll argue that it's not cutting out the lift, but enabling you to lift more, at the end of the day, it's restricting your rom significantly and that's what people see.

its not coming
but just you wait on the rule change before you think about competing lad

Ok, so how would you limit arching? What would be your rules? Remember, the rules must allow for consistent judging

To add: and that's why I commented earlier about "why don't we just stand on the bench and pick the bar up". That would allow us to lift even more weight (this is powerlifting after all, all about the weight). But of course, it's not all about the weight. There are rules in place to stop you from cheating a lift and those rules should include arching with regards to bench.

It's pretty clear when someone's running out of ground. You've gone from arguing your point to "well it doesn't matter because you're not the one doing it". Not an argument laddie.

God, you are actually retarded if you think those arches are even close, even with longer arm length this guy has a MUCH longer ranger of motion.

trappy halp

That's a good question and something that would need discussion from judges globally in order to determine the most efficient method.

Sheiko for sure

Overhead is a much more technically demanding and limiting exercise compared to the low-bar or any other squat for that manner.

So you argue all day in favour of something you cant even describe properly?

which was my argument. Lowbar takes half the rom away compared to an overhead squat or an atg front squat so there should be rules against this rom reduction.

Well boy, I could have listed you criteria to be met with regards to limiting arching but I'd expected your reply, if any, to go along the lines of "nah that's stupid" regardless of what I posted. So I thought it best to mention that it would need be to decided upon by judges, especially as at the end of the day it would be decided upon by judges.

>What you consider to be a skill
yeah i consider people being able to do what others cant a skill Tbh

>and that's what people see.
powerlifting is lifting the most amount of weight within the already established rules
what does it matter what people outside of powerlifting see
you havent given a reason for a rule change outside of
>i dont like the look of it, its cheating

talking about 'what people see' is like when some people watch mma and complain when it goes to the ground because 'they are just hugging'

it is when you are going round in circles

im very surprised you arent bringing sumo into this when you are so against artificial rom

I think he was saying that the low-bar is the lift in powerlifting though? I am a weightlifter and powerlifting is king of laughable tier to me, but I do understand the difference between raw strength and technical prowess.

I think a lot of people just get turned off when they see the McDonalds arch in what they thought was going to be a "flat" bench press

Do you really think judges would debate about such rules if you think these arch reducing rules are too fragile to be discussed with anons on an imageboard?
You know any rule of this kind would be impossible to judge.