Planet Fitness

Is Planet Fitness a good gym? I've heard a lot of shitty things about it

good for fitness, not strength

can't squat
can't deadlift
can't do shit there without some SJW having his special snowflake moment

If you're poor then it's fine, you can make do with what they have, it's so fucking cheap. As soon as you're not poor you should move somewhere else

Not true. Stop trying to discourage people from getting started lifting. It is not ideal, but better then nothing.

how is it not true

Because I literally just did those things 2 hours ago at a Planet Fitness

You can squat and deadlift... however if you aren't doing at least 6pl8 squats and 5pl8 diddly's on the smith machine, gtfo.

>10 bucks a month

So long as you are poor and aren't a powerlifter it's a completely fine gym

>On a smith machine

guess Veeky Forums really is an extension of /lgbt/

wish I had one near me. $10 a month is hard to pass up.

instead I'm paying $70 a month. but in the bright side its an actual lifting gym

What the fuck $70? Better get massages with happy endings at least

Don't they vary by gyms? I've heard of and seen videos of benches and dumbbells at some and not at others.

its got one of every machine,
also has stupid classes and sessions with a PT for free to members (built into the price)

fucked up replying

This. $10 a month is a can't pass up option if you're a poor fag.

Go when it's relatively empty and just keep to yourself.

Also, save up for a home gym so as soon as your funds are good invest in that. It'll pay off in the long run.

There's one near me that's $125 a month. I wish I could afford it. They have pools, a sauna, a steam room, spas and a massive gym

I hate being poor

m8 where the fuck do you live where a planet fitness is $125/month

My gym is in a club building for a golf course. Very comfy indeed with loads of milfs and nobody except me uses the weights.

If you're just starting out, it's not a bad gym. If you're only going for lifting, you'd be better off with a different gym.

But if you're looking to just do some baby gains while you focus on weight loss and cardio, it's not a bad place to go depending on the location. Some of the newer ones even have decent free weights now (older ones still have garbage for lifting).

So it all depends.

If you're on a budget, $10 isn't bad for at least the basics if you're not trying to just get ripped and just want to get healthy and some muscle definition.

I don't know the routines of anyone at the one i used to go to but a lot of guys were fucking ripped walking around there, so it's not like it's impossible to achieve your goals at a PF.

Do it if you're on a budget op.

Depends on the location. Go to your local PFit and talk to the employees, ask for a tour, etc. The people that work there make the gym good or bad.

Is the "lunk alarm" and denying entry to people who are already fit a real thing or just a meme?