Isn't lifting an empty goal?

Srs. I love lifting 4+ times a week, doing my cardio and piece by piece build an aesthetic and healthy physique but I can't help but feel...unsatisfied. I'm not actually training FOR anything, yet I'm doing deadlifts, kb circuits, sprints and all sorts of shit with no fucking end goal in mind.

Is it worth it to just train for the fuck of it? Should I take on a sport or martial art or something so I can actually DO something besides listen to metal and bench?

I'm trying not to sink into autism and become a bald Powerlifter with a goatee, pls help me /fit

Other urls found in this thread:

thefutureprimaeval.net/why-we-even-lift/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Then DO something.

Atm i supplement my judo/bjj game with some olympic weightlifting on the side.

Pick a sport that doesnt require you to be a genetic freak and stick to it. You'll feel much better i promise

Maybe try oly lifting. It's harder, and then you can compete eventually. Besides with oly lifting you won't become a bald powerlifter with a goatee.

What? You're doing that stuff to have a healthy and aesthetic and strong body.

Also you're supposed to be progressively overloading, or maintaining and lowering bodyfat percentage.

If you're just going to the gym and aimlessly lifting and aimlessly eating randomly then that's what you feel like it's pointless. You're not even doing it properly, just randomly lifting stuff.

Lifting and dieting properly has far better progression opportunities than just playing some weekend shitty sports with some skinnyfat normalfags.

set goals senpai just make some up i

BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPTTTTTTSSSSSCCCCHHHHHH.....BLUPBLUPBLUP

The journey is more important than the destination.

You are developing concentration, patience, discipline, resolve, and confidence. Lifting imparts benefits to your mental health as well, improving clarity and mood.

It is your obligation to continue to improve yourself. Every day, you are becoming better, not only physically, but spiritually.

Since its started its amazed me how creative anons can get with their BRAPPs

pfft....tbfbfth......*blushes*....sppCCHH... *smiles sheepishly and stares at ground*............BRRRpp....PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTBBBBTTTTBBB.......*sound of pants filling with liquid shit*

Bump

Read dis my dude:

thefutureprimaeval.net/why-we-even-lift/

>PPRRRSCHSCTFTFHHSCHS FLLSSSHHHHHHHH

Start mirin yourself in the mirror more bruh. Put a few points into narcissism and it all becomes very worth it.

Of course narcissism requires some self confidence which is in short supply on this board so maybe it won't work for you.

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

Find yourself am active hobby to complement your lifting. Rock climbing, martial arts, skiing, snowboarding, solved kind of sport, doesn't matter what.

Please stop with this shit, its giving me a fart fetish and I don't like it.

I'd say it is as empty as living. You don't specifically live for anything do you? Think of it like a price of being a bit better than the rest of the population.

I mean you said you like doing it no? You are just feeling a bit down that is all. Being fit became a routine for you. Now try to look for another hobby while maintaining this routine.

That's my advice. Take it or leave it.

I see the problem here. You only lift 4 times a week. Up it to 6 times

Felt the exact same way. I started a hybrid routine and began training for planche and front lever. Feels good to have an end goal

Is being healthy and having the best quality of life,respect, discipline, long expectancy of life,+ a ton of other benefits not enough? I better go back to diabetes and hypertention cuz lifting takes too much time and it's not worth it. Bro

Can I love you?

Don't do oly lifting if you like having a descent physique.

>*fwhee*

BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

best post

Now you realise Veeky Forumsizens lift because they are unsatisfied with their life, and hope that a mystical change will come if they lift hard enough. Yes, it is empty, because the whole lifting culture is based on narcissism and insecurity. Switch to sports. Healthier, more fun, and you get to meet cool happy people.

As a former fatty, I've started to view lifting as fulfilling in itself, much like a religious person may view prayer. I know how stupid that sounds, but as a former 400+ lb. person, I feel like I've been saved.
I go to my church (the gym) daily.
I eat a restricted diet.
I try to help those with their lifting/diet questions who ask.

It's basically a religion for me.

All olympic lifters have aesthetic physiques unlike powerlifters

>If you spy on me ill kill you bitch

Then start lifting for something else, either to move heavier weight (powerlifting, weightlifting) or something more specific (crossfit, strongman). Or just pick up a sport and lift for that, just find something you enjoy and git gud.

If it makes you feel better OP, I hereby award you your purple belt in lifting. BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!

*BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP*