Who sleeps on the floor here?

Who sleeps on the floor here?

people who don't have beds

Not on the floor but with pillow under legs and none under head. Really helped my neck/back posture and breathing at night.

From time to time. Usually im really drunk. Pretty comfy desu

who else /underthebridge/ here?

I actually know people that do this, weirdest shit ever. They say they just put a sheet on the floor and enjoy how firm it is. Blankets on top of them too.

Enjoy your centipedes.

What's with all the floorsleeper propaganda going on in Veeky Forums lately? We don't want to buy your specialty floor sleep pads you silly shills

nah I sleep over one of those exerecise mattress desu

Any health benefits of a particular way of sleeping? I'm assuming lying on your back is best because it helps with breathing and whatnot?

I started doing this a few months ago. Weird or not, i get the best sleep ever

it's the new meme
replacing the "sip" meme

Not the floor itself, but I've been sleeping on a mattress without a bedframe for the past 2.5 years and strangely enough I've never slept better in my life.

I did for a while. I like the self-sacrifice aspect of it, the willpower and process of hardening yourself to it. Very anti-fragile.

However, I started to read a lot about sleep being important to training and hormones, and there's just no chance of getting half as good sleep on the floor as a good bed, so I stopped.

That being said, if you're taking some time off training it's a good skill to learn. Accustom your body to it. I haven't slept on my bedroom floor in months but I now can do it if need be.

Good for you but you need to put some pallets under the matress or else it's going to be disgusting. In fact it probably already is

I say just try to use as many different positions as you can. This way you avoid all possible downsides any position may have, and spread the strain of carrying your weight.

my living/sleeping area is carpeted so actually not at all. but I have been recommended pallets as a way of keeping the "bed" warm through winter (Minnesotafag here, I fucking hate our winters)

Well it's an improvement

I travel for work a lot. If I'm staying somewhere with soft beds I always sleep on the floor. I always have preferred a very firm bed, and it helps my back.

I have a mattress on the ground, can't have a bed or else I don't have room for my home gym.

Apparently Hungrybox does.

How is a bed, or even having just the base without the embellishing frame, taking more space on the floor than the mattress?

pic related

6 months, never slept better.

It takes enough room to no longer fit my mattress between the squat rack and the wall.

what are those called and where can we check them out?

Actually not really that stupid, there are benefits on sleeping on a hard surface, provided you sleep on your back and your weight is on sanitary levels to begin with.
Overweight people have extra lard pressing down on their spine, neck, hips and need a mattress capable of sustaining them while slightly giving where they weigh down the most, so they don't fuck up their natural bone alignment.
I may be speaking out of my ass here though.
This, however, is cold shower level.

its japanese futon called shikibuton

That's a girl, you should have seen one or two at the gym. Dont' stare too much though, they tend to panic.

bump