Are BCAA's and glutamine meme supplements...

Are BCAA's and glutamine meme supplements? I'm wondering if I'm falling for salesman pitches or if they're actually that beneficial

Unless you're a professional athlete looking for an infinitessimal edge over your competition NO you don't need these. Try this instead: LIFT, EAT, SLEEP, REPEAT UNTIL SUCCESS.

Now GTFO.

I bought glutamine supps. but my whey has glutamine in it so it just sits on the shelf

Glutamine is great at stopping the heartburn you get on Tren

I like using bcaas intra workout.

BCAAs are good, though you don't necessarily "need" it.

pretty much this. all of you idiots who are not even near elite status don't need shit apart from enough food, heavy workout and sleep. that includes creatine.

you want preworkout? eat a banana and drink coffee.

the only supplements you really need are 13 essential ones plus fish oil. they can be gotten through food easily apart from maybe B-complex ones. vitamin D is another who which varies from person to person due to your location and if you can get around 20 min of sun daily.

everything else is a waste of money.

>preworkout ? eat a banana and drink a coffee
upvoted :)

I fell for the bullshit like 2 years ago. Same for beta alanine

Literally all supplements are a meme, including whey.

Lift with a good diet and you'll get more results than every twink at your gym chugging his whey. And if lifting with a good diet isn't enough for you, fucking get on the juice, it'll cost you less.

Who said need?

The question is whether the benefit outweighs the miniscule monetary cost.

We don't need to do accessory exercises to grow, but adding them doesn't hurt progress and they take more effort than mixing something in my water before drinking.

Again with the word "need". Op didn't asking about whether he needed them or not. He asked if they're worth it.

Learn to read shitskinny pahjeet

>fish oil

>Literally all supplements are a meme
>vitamin D and B12 are a meme
>implying you get enough creatine from your diet alone

creatine is good shit and much easier to take your 5g a day than consistently get enough of it through your diet.

I drink a BCAAs during my workout, it tastes awesome and feels like I can go harder for longer. Might be placebo but I make enough money to not really care if Veeky Forums says its a meme.

> not eating 16oz of tuna everyday to reach creatine goals

enjoy never making it

There is no scientific evidence supporting increased performance in average athletes from BCAAs. Don't waste your money.

The only supplement backed by evidence is creatine.

I guess it's also worth noting that whey "works" in the sense that it's fucking food and you eat it, it's not a supplement.

Enjoy your mercury level

What about glutamine?

They only supplement I take is whey. The others only give you a slight edge so unless you are competing and your livlihood is on the line, you are wasting your money in an invisible pissing contest.

Hg is good for you, faglord

my personal opinion is that all supplements are memes especially if your diet isn't in check. i say this because i've used supplements in the past and did not benefit from them. most are also pretty overpriced. and let's not forget the fact usually the poster-boys for supplement are people who just roid and don't even use the supplement they are advertising. it's a personal choice though - just my 2 cents