One large meal a day for weight loss?

One large meal a day for weight loss?

I'm a girl and I need to lose 50 pounds. I was thinking about eating one large meal and one snack per day. I just cannot eat smaller meals. What do you think?

Unless you eat like 2000+ calories in your one meal then fine, whatever. But if you don't have the self-control to eat smaller meals, what makes you think you'd be able to stick to one meal a day?

Even if this isn't bait read the goddamn sticky.

I'm going to eat a 900 cal meal and like 100 cal snack.

If it works for you fine
calories in calories out is king
how you achieve that doesn't matter too much
I did it in the past and it was nice because I wasn't thinking about my next meal like I do when I eat smaller meals throughout the day.
Your plan is called intermittent fasting BTW its a common technique bodybuilders use to lose weight.

>obese woman
>posts retarded shit

and not a single person was surprised.

That isn't enough calories, you won't be able to maintain it and you'll return to the eating habits that caused your weight gain once you stop dieting.

ignore the naysayers. fasting is an excellent method to lose fat

>when you eat, your body releases insulin
>insulin causes fat gain

so if you only eat once a day, your insulin is kept low.

don't eat the snack, just stick to one meal in the evening.

You can't stick to that trust me that's too low a calorie intake.

but im not going to stop intermittent fasting? maybe i'll do two meals instead of one but i know how to cook healthy food so

This. If you don't have self-control, if you're telling yourself you can't and you don't even try, you have bigger problems than your weight.

You have to think of this as a life style change not a "diet". We don't take diets we are what we eat our food isn't something we are doing for a while just to lose or gain weight it's a way of life. So start small or if you are serious make the big changes no soda no sugar water, cut back the carbs. Change to whole wheat carbs. Up the veggies and fibre. And eat enough protien. You won't be hungry you'll feel good and you will be doing it the right way

Also this

I have no problem eating once a day. I just did it poorly. On a school day, I ate a cup of yogurt in the morning and then some fast food around 4 pm and ended up losing weight. I'm very anxious and when I'm busy, I don't think about eating. I just eat shitty food and 80% processed carbs. I know how to eat healthy. I just don't do it...

I lost 20 kg
and let me tell you there is nothing wrong with finding out what your psychological weekpoiunts are and adjusting you diet plan in way that makes sticking to it easier for you

I strongly recommend just rolling with a 500-800 calorie deficit max (which would be about 10lbs a month). let the routine set in, its very maintainable and you'll actually enjoy yourself (whereas eating 1000 calories a day will be a sprint of agony to someone without the discipline).

the biggest mistake people make over and over again is biting off more than they can chew in the beginning. make a routine and enjoy the journey - fitness and good health are for life

Look up intermittent fasting. Eat as you usually would for 8 hours, and then nothing for 16 hours. Basically the idea is that in a regular day you would probably continuing eating snacks and maybe another meal for 4 more hours, so you're cutting out a big chunk of your intake while still enjoying the 8 hours. Has various other benefits as well.

That's not fasting or a super low intake, she's female. Unless she's over 5'9" that's probably less than a 500 calorie deficit.
Women do not need very many calories.

You should plan all your meals and snacks and be meticulous about calculating calories, portion sizes, etc. If you don't do this you will overeat by underestimating your portion sizes and intake.

To lose weight and keep it off you have to maintain your new diet for the rest of your life, making a total lifestyle change

You can eat larger meals if you add low-calorie fillers like leafy greens along with high-protein foods in smaller portions. Very small or practically no portions of simple carbohydrates. As a woman, your calorie intake should be super low, 1500 calories tops depending on your height.

Common meals for me:

> Huge salad with kale, spinach, and lettuce with a small handful of walnuts, a ton of basalmic vinegar, and a tablespoon of olive oil, sometimes a small portion of fresh blueberries or apple chunks when they're in season

> huge bowl of baked mixed squash and veggies with a tiny bit of olive oil, basalmic vinegar, garlic, and spices, 1 medium tortilla with hummus and spinach

> Giant portion of broccoli and/or brussel sprouts with salt and a little olive oil, half a small baked sweet potato, 1 portion of salmon

> miso soup with green onions, mushroom, and spinach; 1/2 cup rice with salt, tuna or salmon

I don't drink any beverages except water and unsweetened hot green tea unless I'm ill [then vitamin c drinks and broth], and you shouldn't either, they are empty calories and they're killing you.

Also exercise is very important, the msot important exercise for women is weight training, cardio burns calories but building muscle through strength training will make your body burn more calories just by existing, I strength train 4 days a week hitting all body areas with compound lifts and adding in accessory lifts for aesthetics, and do 30 minutes of cardio a day, you can build up to that much cardio if you are super sedentary by doing a running program where you run for 2, walk for 1, and so on until you can run the whole half hour.

No. For a woman [pretty much any woman] 1000 calories is about a 500 calorie deficit. Women don't need very many calories.

Adding to this, you have to set a routine for yourself, and make exercise part of your daily schedule. If you normally watch tv and sit on the couch at night, instead get yourself some dumbbells and train instead, or get a 24 hour gym membership and go before or after work every day.

Meal prep at the beginning of the week is ideal so you have your lunches and dinners ready to eat or prepare all week so you don't fall into bad habits. Throw out anything super calorie-dense right away.

ready the fucking sticky you fat bitch.

For an average height girl that's 50 pounds overweight, assuming she is literally bedridden forever, she'll still burn like 1600 calories a day for maintenance. With basic levels of daily activity she will probably burn around 2000 calories, meaning 1500/day would be more reasonable to lose weight.

lol, stop trolling. She wants to drop some pounds, not cut for a fucking bodybuilding competition

OP, only listen to this advice if you're interested in driving yourself crazy. It doesn't have to be that hard.

I eat one big meal a day mostly because I'm lazy

it's not that hard, you just plan your meals and workouts. Women have to be constantly vigilant about calories because our tdees are incredibly low even with exercise. It takes constant training and watching calories to look good and stay healthy.

Once you learn to manage portions and calories you can stop weighing/measuring all your food, especially if you have a few easy meals you make all the time and prepare for yourself for the week. It's better for busy people, because you do it all on your day off, then just have the food for the week without having to deal with it after a 12 hour shift.

Average height at a proper weight, with a normal, sedentary lifestyle involving basically just walking from the car to work and back, maintenance is about 1500 calories. No average height sedentary woman needs 2000 calories a day. That's ridiculous, only very active women would need to eat that much.

To add to my point, when I do a winter bulk to put on muscle, I'm still only eating 2000 calories a day, because as I said, women do not need that many calories. I gain a little weight, put on muscle, then go back to 1600 calories a day. And that's working out 4 days a week and doing cardio at least 5 days a week.

Women have to restrict calories significantly to stay thin. I don't know how men fail to understand this.

>OP wants to lose 50 lbs
>Put in that she weighs 120

I was a little off with my guess, but a 1500 cal/day diet would still put her at a significant deficit

> 300 calorie deficit
I guess so, but I would personally go lower than that. Then again, I'm much shorter/smaller than she is and exercise more, so what do I know?