QTDDTOT-Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Could't find the other thread so I'll start a new one.

I'll start:
What's the gum called that you use to get face gains? Anyone ever try it?

Other urls found in this thread:

eatthismuch.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

can someone explain glucogen or w/e its called to me I just dont get it

connor murphy eats mini wheats for it after a workout. is this a meme?

glycogen is the way your body stores sugars for energy.

so basically you eat something, and your body breaks down the sugars and uses it for energy, if you dont use it all, it gets stored in your liver and muscles as glycogen for later use.

Are diet sodas really "bad" for weight loss? So far I'm good with a green tea, but whenever I see a fresh coke zero I dunno how to resist it.

I used to be fairly active. During this time period I could do 50 pushups in 60 seconds (not too hard for a skinny guy like me)

I recently started working out for the first time in a while. First upper body day absolutely destroyed my shoulders, chest, and triceps. (This workout was 7 days ago)

Now, I can barely do 10 pushups. At rep 8 or 9 my arms and chest are FLOODED with lactic acid. Is this normal recovery from a hard workout?

Or is there any way that my muscles atrophied THAT MUCH from a few months of inactivity?

I'm fucking terrified that I'm ridiculously weak now and not just recovering.
[Post a Reply]

I mean, I cant've gotten that weak, that fast, right?

But I've had 7 full days to recover from this workout, and I can still barely do 10 pushups.

Have you been eating enough?

Just figured out I've been doing kind of hybrid high and low bar squats (high bar position with low bar-like back and hip angles). Switching over to low bar, and I significantly reduced the weight to get form correct (was squatting 190 lbs with the bad form, went down to 155, ended on 135 today). However the biggest limiting factor was the shoulders since they hurt badly during.

How long until they can handle the low bar position, and should I wait until then to get back to progressing the weight?

Is it true that chances are mk 677 has no long term side effects?

I think I got the form for squats, bench press, and ohp down packed, but what if I don't and I do not know about it. What is the worst that could happen to you by doing bad form? How long would it take for you to get injured?

How to add mass to the outer part of my butt?
I already do heavy squats and diddylifts.

Who knows, all it takes is one bad squat m8.

Just have someone take a video of you preforming a 5RM

Is there a substitute for face pulls? The weights stacks on my gym's machines are kinda bitch weight for any compound movements, so I've worked up to the highest weight settining have made it up to 3x20.

What do now?

I am extremely weak.
Lost a lot of weight while eating low amounts of protein and doing almost no exercise.
Now it almost seems impossible for me to do any aerobic exercise as my muscles fatigue long before I run out of breath.
Almost feels like I should be trying to get stronger at some rehab clinic and not on my own. Am I fine or should I doctor?

How much weight do you pull?

I'm not exactly sure about the true amount of weight being pulled, but the highest setting is 210lbs.

Yeah. More than usual since I'm so skinny/trying to put on weight.

so im on a cut atm and have been for about a month now, but the last two weeks ive eaten nothing but 2 meals a day consisting of 200g or chicken 200g or broccoli and100g of brown rice which is roughly 600 calories per meal or 1200 total for the day. every second day i go for a 5-7km run and in the days between i do weights to build strength (yes i no i wont build as much muscle on such a low calorie diet). I was 97kgs and im now down to 90kgs, wanting to get to 80kgs (im 6'1) and from there change my diet and build muscle. Im wondering is this approach of such low calories and high excercise unhealthy for my body? i mean im not hungry throughout the day and have been seeing results, but is it okay to cut like this?

Conventional knowledge say...

That's a pretty hard cut man, as long as your micronutrients and fats are being ingested, and your energy throughout the day is fine, then the cut is fine. If either of these are out of whack, eat more and with greater diversity.

Good luck m8

Enough Protein and enough sleep at night (atleast 7 hours)? If you just keep eating enough, getting enough rest and work out, you should gain strength and stamina. If you are eating enough protein and getting rest then I would guess that it could be due to your muscles taking longer to recover due to the previous lack of lifting.

Been lifting a little over a year, never really ate properly so my lifts went up but I barely notice any muscle gains. Actually started counting calories and have done a clean bulk the past few months and up 6 pounds. When would I start to actually see results?

In visible muscle, it depends a lot on your bf% but you won't see results very quickly. It will take a few months before you start noticing any visible gains.

In strength, you should see results quite quickly

I am a hungry skelly that just started lifting/gym going. There's a little swelling in my arms and a bit of dull pain (can't get them straight). Anything I should be worried about?

Appreciate it.

search the fucking catalogue next time, don't have two threads up unless one is dying

I'm 25, 6'3", and 240 lbs.

Is a 1000 cal deficit sustainable while lifting? I'm trying to simultaneously lose weight and gain muscle so I don't want to stagnate with my lifts. I lift and do cardio every other day. Any reason to stick to a smaller deficit?

Okay so, calories and noob gains. If a noob ate at maintenance (or a deficit maybe?), would they still put on muscle while accelerating fat loss if overweight?

I stopped lifting for about six months, and maintained my weight during that time period. I noticed my bf% rise a bit, so I assume I lost an equal amount of muscle. (Not much, but noticeable to me)

I got back on the horse a couple weeks ago. Will it take as long to regain what I lost in muscle mass, as it did to earn it the first time? Or does it come back faster?

Forgot to say this is while lifting.

What kind of lifting routine should I do? I'm 6'1 238 pounds.

I don't really want to get big but just lean and look decent. Everyone says SS but i stalled pretty fast on that last time i tried because i'm at a pretty significant deficit (started at 339 pounds)

What is this "1/2/3/4/5" thing?
How should I plan meals?
How do I make sure I am doing squas and deadliest and OHP right if no one tells me?

Reduce the deficit and stick to SS. You're a beginner, so you need to take advantage of programs that are designed to optimize beginner gainz.

>I don't really want to get big but just lean and look decent
Cut this mindset out. You're not going to explode into Arnold-mode overnight, faggot

Muscle memory. You will regain faster

I was expecting that hostility, I don't think i'm going to instantly get big on SS im not retarded, I was saying that more as a reference to my long term goals.

Thanks for the advice though, faggot.

Getting "big" is the production of years of eating right and lifting hard and often accompanied by steroids of some form or another. You will not suddenly get yoked beyond belief out of nowhere, but you do need to lift (or exercise in a similar manner) to look good.
You can try SS again on a smaller deficit, or do 5/3/1.

Stalling isnt really an issue here, because you are not going for strength. if you stall, just keep doing that weight until you can do better (5/3/1 is good for this)

yes.

yes it is sustainable, your lifts may stagnate.
if you can, just do more cardio instead of eating less.

one plate, two plate, etc
However you want that it fits in your calorie and macro range.
you can ask PTs in the gym to form check you or watch a lot of form videos on youtube.

>What is this "1/2/3/4/5" thing?
It's a kind of standard of measurement for the main lifts. It represents the number of plates used for a certain lift (though only 4 lifts are used in this system). It stands for 1 plate OHP (135 lbs/60kg), 2 plate bench (225 lbs, 100kg), 3 plate squat, and 4 plate deadlift.

>How should I plan meals?
Figure out your needed calories, figure out your desired macros, weigh your food, prep based on weight and nutrition needs

>How do I make sure I am doing squas and deadliest and OHP right if no one tells me?
Watch videos, read SS, film yourself doing these movements and get advice.

Different guy but, I just achieved a 3pl8 DL. How long can I expect it to take to get to 4? Is before 2018 realistic?

It depends on a bunch of factors, but I'd say probably.

is it worth buying a back brace? a trainer at the gym told me if i use a BB i wont strenghten my core. while other guy uses one to lift heavy and he says he trains his core separately. what do? i'v trained for 2 yrs without one to be a custom without it. i can do about 240LBs squat max rep without one at 190lbs. i struggle a but but i can do it.

i just go in the gym pick up the weight and put it back down. please no bully for not knowing better. i want to be strong without the need for one. but a guy told me i can do more with the aid of a back brace

please help me Veeky Forums

So, frustration is hitting like a truck this week. I'm 1.76m 65 kg, skinny fat getting real close to being just fat. Got no money for gym, only have access to calisthenics stuff about 2km away from home.

Also can't control my diet until I get out from my parents house. They feel like everyone has to eat like a fat fuck. I tried making my own stuff for a week and everyday they yelled about how I was fucking starving on purpose, making a scene, and I sincerely don't have the emotional energy to deal with that again.

It's mostly carbs and greasy shit, best I can do on my own is to cut soda (don't even drink it that much, maybe 5~6 glasses a week).

I don't even dream of making it like this, but is there any hope to at least use a regular shirt without this disgusting gut being visible ? It's all I want at this point.

It's useful if your goal is to lift the heaviest weight possible. At some point your core will not be strong enough to support weight that challenges your other muscles.

It's like wrist straps, at some point your deadlift is too heavy to preform consistent reps and maintain you grip. So you instead train your grip separately.

That is still a lot of soda by Veeky Forums terms. Just get your intake down as low as you can man.

If that's the case then just run and do push-ups, planks, etc. It's shitty, but when I couldn't afford to go to the gym I loaded up books in my backpack to do weighted push-ups. This eventually lead to me having good lifts in the gym, and I absolutely think you should try to make progress nk matter the cards dealt.

Who cares about how you look man, youbcan get down to a healthy bodyweight if you exercise enough.

Singing up for a gym membership Monday

Read through the sticky, read through a couple of example workout routines doing SS, SL, PPL, GSLP, etc. I think for simplicity's sake and because I'm a gymnoob, I'll just start with good ole SS.

- My question is, what other accessory exercises do I add to my routine? Gym has free weights, machines, cables, and bars for pullups.

- Gym has a pool too. Is it best to swim before or after lifting, or does it even matter?

I've just started working out seriously (started 2 weeks ago), and so far I've lost 8 pounds. Feels bretty gud.

I've been using myfitnesspal and have lowered my caloric intake to 1900 per day. Despite that, I still feel I'm not making as much progress as I can.

What's a good meal plan to follow? I dont want anything detailed, just an example of what meal to eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks, and how to allocate/manage 1900 calories though out the day

Forgot to mention, I did read the sticky but it didn't provide a sample meal plan to follow.

you can use something like this eatthismuch.com/

It is really up to you what to eat though. I really only track calories and sometimes i eat most of them during breakfast/lunch and have a tiny dinner or i barely eat all day and eat a huge dinner. It all works and is dependent on what works best for you.

Terrible for you? Absolutely. Terrible for weight loss? Junk food isn't necessarily terrible for weight loss. Read the fucking sticky and look for caloric maintenance.

The discomfort will go away soon if you're doing it correctly. I've noticed that doing low bar for over a year it can fuck with your overhead press. Try using a more comfortable bar on lighter days if they are available (e.g. buffalo bar) or occasionally wear a sweatshirt.

If you're on a cut eat more nutrient dense food and you'll be fine. I wouldn't go

Are there specific exercises I should do for an Adonis belt? Or does that come from just general ab work and low body fat?

>I've noticed that doing low bar for over a year it can fuck with your overhead press
How so? Wouldn't the developed flexibility carry over

Abs and obliques work outs. And low bf%

What the fuck I just bought a shaker cup and it only holds 16oz/500ml. It looks like a regular sized shaker cup but the bottom part unscrews and its a little compartment for holding who knows what. I feel ripped off

definitely not.
that happens to me when i work out a little too hard after a long break from the gym.
it will get better as you continue to work out

Keep your mini butt plugs there

you should have checked the size before you bought it.
people often put pills or more powder in there so you can have a shake in the shaker, then have powder for another one at the same time

The compartment is for putting a second drink mix in, so you can make another protein shake or whatever after finishing the first at the gym.

Thats bullshit I dont use powders I put real fuckin food in my blender. This is not enough for my shake. I will have to use this one for my preworkout(coca cola and instant coffee) and buy another one the right size.

i got one of those 'smart shakers' free

i just put the same amount of powder which makes the shake way too potent because I can't get enough liquid in it

shame because the build quality is much better than my other cheap ass one

Stop being a whiny bitch holy shit

you mix coke and coffee in a shaker bottle?
what the fuck m8

Thanks, I was definitely feeling the urge to push myself the last two days I went. Will probably tone it back a little on Monday.

Putting a lot of weight with a tight upper back can be hard on your rear delts. Personally, the only lift where some of that discomfort carried over was OHP. It's not something huge to worry about, but if you can adjust to say doing upper body before lower body days or give your back a break from low bar it shouldn't be a problem.

I dont shake it I stir it with a spoon

40022255 no

You're a fucking twink no doubt

is close grip bench shit?

no

No

Is Keto a meme?
I'm on day 9 and I think I'd rather dof normal caloric deficit

No im a big guy for you

Keto is for fatties that need to lose a lot of weight quickly. It's not reasonably sustainable and thus builds bad long term habits.

Does this look like a good rounded routine or is there a better alternative?
ICF 5x5 (Mon, Wed, Fri)
running 1.5-3 miles on off days and some heavy bag training (Tues, Thurs)

Will the running on off days affect my recovery from lifting and will it hamper the rate at which my lifts go up? Is the heavy bag overkill?

My goal is to be big and lean and conditioned for fighting aswell

Is it that much better than a 1k deficit? I couldnty find comparisons

We'll I alternate front and back squats with front on the days I do OHP, so the timing should be alright. But I am considering switching to only back for a bit just the speed up that adjustment and practice form more

Ah alright, thanks. I was worried if I should keep breakfast to a 300 minimum, dinner 500, something like that.

So basically, I can do whatever I want as long as I have 1900 at the end of the day right?

I can't speak that in depth, but I can tell you that it typically works faster and quicker.

exactly.
and if you binge a little and go a little over? just eat a little less the next couple of days
it all evens out.

ICF is alright. You can also look up SL and SS. They're pretty similar and probably more used.

Running on off days won't significantly slow your lifts down, but they do have an effect, still worth it though, especially if you're building stamina

Don't know about heavy bags though

Sweet. What about distributing fats/protein/carbs throughout the day? Could I theoretically eat 1900 calories worth protein bars?

But SL and SS don't have any accessory work, will I look worse after a period of SL/SS versus ICF? or will my compound lifts be stronger as a result?

Anyone have a nazi workout routine? Will also accept ancient greek, fashy italian, norse or russian

Can a minimally bulged disc repair itself over time if in pt and working the core.

You're supposed to add accessory to SL and SS

Is there any foods or recipes I can add in unflavored protein powder to like pancakes or cakes.

Peanut butter, honey, brown sugar

A TDEE Calculator said that for me to gain weight I would need to have my daily calorie intake in the 3000s, but I seem to be able to do it just fine around the 2000 mark. Should I just do what I have been doing?

If you're a guy there is zero chance you're going to gain weight on a 2000 calorie diet.

Give your height/weight

I've been cutting for the last 8 months from 185lb to 140lb, I can barely see my abs now, I'm 16% 5'9 should I keep cutting or is time to bulk?

I would personally recommend cutting to at-least 12-13%

should i use squat shoes like adidas wl shoes if im a complete novice?

whats a good calorie deficit to cut at when I train 6 times a week? 5'7 185 pounds and scooby calculator says 2700 which is a lot.

How do I go about doing that?

5'10 173, up 6 pounds in the past few months while doing a clean bulk of about .5 lbs per week and I know for sure im eating more in the 2000-2500 range then what the calculator gave me

Alright here is the deal.

Im somewhat skinny(169cm, 60-65kg) no exercise at all since military service back in 2015.

When i fap and cum i get tired, but really tired and get a weak but noticeable headache.
If i want i can keep going another round or 2 more but i would get tires to the point i wouldn't move in a day.

What is wrong with me, i lack testosterone? My diet is not bad as far as im aware.
Should i just get Veeky Forums?

I want to get my own bench and dumbbells for home use. However, I have very little space and am always putting things away to make room (ie. I put my mattress up on the wall and then set up a folding table, and now it's the dining room. I get my computer out (like right now) and it's the office, etc.) As such I can't afford to have a stack of weights and a bench sitting out all the time.

Are there good and affordable options for weight sets and benches that can be stored away when not in use, and do not take up much space? I'll probably be buying used if I can find them for sale somewhere. I know there are dumbbells that 'nest' when stored, and I've also seen a travel weight bench on amazon. Are these items worthwhile products beyond their easy storage? Thanks all.

Ok guys. I've been trying to get 4 plate this past 2 months and took my 315 Rep range from 6-10 as of today. But for some fucking reason I can't seem to pull 4 pl8. I got it up 3/4 of the way and failed. I already get the whole it's all in your head shit but I need some brotips to help me out

I was able to 1 arm incline press a 100LB dumbbell today, 6 reps with my right arm, 5 with my left. I am 220LBS.

Would you consider this strong fit?

Dumbbells transfer over to barbell at about .75-.8 of your barbell Max soo your 1 rm is about 270-280 at 200. You're at an advanced level according to symmetric strength. But it goes advanced exceptional elite world class. Soo do whatever you want with this information

I benched 285 for 6 reps a couple weeks ago.

Have gotten 120LB dumbbells for 9 reps too.

I'm talking doing the exercise one arm at a time, not both at the same time. Requires more balance and stuff, or at least I know it's definitely harder that way. Maybe being strong wasn't the best way to put it.

The BMI for you is awfully close to overweight, what's your BF%? I'm an inch taller than you and close to your weight but even I've got some fat to lose.

As far as roiding is concerned is there such thing as a "mini cycle" or something? Like can I just take some test for a few weeks and get some small gains from it while minimising long term harm associated with roids? Will any of the gains made stick around afterwards?

WOuld you consider yourself intermediate or a beginner? (Intermediate meaning you've made significant strength gains since starting 3-4 months ago )

If you're a beginner, subtract your deficit from your maintenance calories. Scooby's calculator tends to be a little generous.