gymnasticbodies.com/forum
antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos

>Our very own Veeky Forums calisthenics king (unnoficially)
instagram.com/fedora_boi/

>tl;dr version?

Pressing/Planche Variations

- Pushups (Normal/Diamond/Pseudo-planche/Tuck-Planche)
- Dips
- Handstand Pushups (Elevated pike/Headstand/Handstand)
- Planche (Frogstand/Straight-arm frog/Tuck/Flat tuck/Straddle/Half/Full)

Pulling

- Rows
- Chin/Pull Up variations
- Rope climbing

Legs

- Pistol Squats
- Shrimp Squats
- Lunges
-(Hill) Sprints

Core Strength (First 4 should be held for 3-5 sets for 60s each with little rest (1-2 min) between sets. 30s sets are fine for L-sits and pseudo-planche leans). The rational for the short rest period is that these are basic positions that you should be very comfortable in.

- Plank Variations (Forearm/Straight-Arm/Pseudo-planche Leans)
- Hollow Body Hold
- Arch Body Hold (don’t do this if you have low back issues)
- L-Sits
- Dragon Flags
- Front/Back/Side Levers Progressions

>Safest Static Hold Progression
Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
> www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC
library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pRAph342eSY
breakingmuscle.com/workouts/8-week-workout-plan-for-push-up-strength-and-power
breakingmuscle.com/learn/2-programs-to-build-up-your-pull-ups
antranik.org/bodyweight-training/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

holy shit yes

After how many months of lifting have you guys achieved your first muscle-up?

Took me about 4 months. Never really trained specifically for it tho.

i cant even do a full pull up yet

i can kip with momentum into one but other then that im weak

this year i want to hit 10 full pull ups in a set

I can't do one. I can hit 5 pullups in a row, that's it.

A muscle up requires quite a lot of strenght , you'll be ready to do one when you'll be able to do 15 pull-ups in a set and 20 dips in a set so keep improving brother

Don't kip your pullups, instead of this just jump your way up , with your head over the bar and lower yourself slowly focusing on your biceps, or just watch the video op posted on how scooby teaches you how 2 pullup

i can do 10 very slow, controlled pull ups and i can do a 'very kipped' asymmetrical muscle up

>A muscle up requires quite a lot of strenght , you'll be ready to do one when you'll be able to do 15 pull-ups in a set and 20 dips in a set so keep improving brother
I can do about 10 dips in a row right now, and can do 1 dip with a 35 strapped to my waist

thxs for the encouragement

The muscle up is timing based aswell and you do need some momentum to perform it, at least in the beginning, but I don't reccomend doing so because you might hurt your joints and injuries are bad mkay

Rings or bar? Bar takes a while longer

You mean the ring muscle up take longer, the bar one is quite easy because you can rest your chest on it when you get to the top, while with the rings you need alot of strenght

No rings is much easier because of false grip. I don't know what you mean about resting your chest on it but it sounds like you're not doing them properly

Have you done both a ring and a bar muscle up in order to come up with this? I'm pretty sure I know my stuff mang.
Also , care to explain what and why?

Currently a skinny fat here is it possible to put on lean mass doing a lot of bodyweight and i guess yoga for that flexibility?

I want to fmake my obliques pop more but i feel that will come on with training and when i cut from 176 lbs to like 150-155 lbs

Yup.

Rings are far far harder

Ring with false grip and neutral grip, as well as bar.
Do you know what false grip is? It makes it much easier to get your chest above your hands

awesome

the picture in OP really annoys me. why would you ever do unweighted pullups unless you're a complete beginner?

Bro false grip makes muscle ups easier both on bar and on rings, but muscle ups on rings are far harder than on bar even if with false grip

You can false grip on a bar? How exactly are you managing this?

I don't want to call you an autist , but this is a bodyweight thread , which means you use your own bodyweight to work out.

Also, it's a webm not a picture.

youtube.com/watch?v=pRAph342eSY
like this.
The slow muscleup is a different topic, I only posted this video to prove how you can use false grip on a bar

Haven't seen that done before. I'll try it out in the morning I guess

Got a question here, how should i structure my workouts, sometimes i hear few sets per movement, and other times really high volume with lots of sets, i tried doing:
>3xF Planche Lean
>3xF OAPush
>3xF Diamond
>3xF OApull progression
>100 Btn wide Pullups
By the time i reached the OApull progression i was completely exhausted, and if i do planche before OAPush i loose intensity on the OAPush, what can i do?

>Pressing/Planche Variations

I can just do the stuff listed after this in the pasta, all the way down to Core Strength, as a beginning routine right? Should I do a full body routine in one workout day, then rest a day, then do it again, or should it be split up?

Just split into push pull days

Can you give me a bodyweight exercise that has no equivalent exercise that requires weights/machines or vice versa?

Like what's the equivalent of front lever pulls using weights/machines?

Do you have any recommendations for cool multi-functional BWE equipment? I got really little space in my apartment and don't want to buy seperate pull up bar, paralettes etc.

Front lever pulls?
Heavy rows I guess.
Human flags don't really have a weights equivalent Imo. You've asked quite the tough, and not very well worded question.

Gymnast rings are all you really need. But then again, you need somewhere to hang them. Pull up bar for (obviously) Pull ups, rings for push ups, pull up, dips and rows. Enjoy your gains, friend.

plz respond

exactly, this is a bodyweight thread aka you're not adding weight.

unweighted pullups are going to become useless very quickly.

Just do certain exercises on certain days
i.e.:monday - pull ups, rows etc
tuesday - pushups , dips etc
wednesday - pistol squats, squats etc

focus on a muscle group each day.

But how much set should i do, and how many exercises, also if i do push pull i still have core and lower body to do

Bulk when they become useless.

Problem solved

ok thxs user

So, a pull up bar stand with rings would be good? Does that work well?

It works the absolute treat.
Optional (But useful) equipment I would consider in the future is
>Speed rope
>Ab wheel
>Parallel bars
>Resistance bands

...lol

when doing progressive overload, you should be able to do +10kg pullups after just a few months, even if you're slightly overweight.

are you telling me to put on 10kg of fat just so I can win the autism award for intentionally avoiding weight plates?

/bwg/ is still Veeky Forums is still Veeky Forums

why do you even ask lmao

Then do weighted pull-ups and don't hang out with the kool kids from /bwg/

im not your mother lol
if i were you id do
Push Day: Dips, Hspu, Planche, oap
Pull: Oap, pullup, rows, levers/muscle ups
Legs/core: Pistols, Shrimps, Hill Sprints, whatever core work you do
Something like PPLxPPL

Also there are enough pull-up variations to help you progress

Is it ok if I use Dominik Sky's press, pull, abs videos as a routine?

>Can you give me a bodyweight exercise that has no equivalent exercise that requires weights/machines or vice versa?

Well, machines are for isolation and every bodyweght exercise is compound. That's one I can think of.

There are variations.
Also, you can do one arm.

i need to up my pushup and hangup game a bit.
my stats now are
~20 perfect form pushups ¨
~6 perfect form hangups

so anyways i see a lot of programs with a shit ton of volume 6 days a week for weeks on end. will this not ruin my shit.

breakingmuscle.com/workouts/8-week-workout-plan-for-push-up-strength-and-power

breakingmuscle.com/learn/2-programs-to-build-up-your-pull-ups

A long time ago I saw a bunch of pictures that looked like they are from some old book. It was something like ancient gladiators workout without weight and it highly relied on pressing one body part against another. Can't find it now.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Do you mean this?

And this

Yes. Thanks a lot!

Hey Veeky Forums, just stopped working out for a couple of months because no motivation to keep working out doing bw only in my bedroom, and lost around 7kg, today i tried a OAPull-Up and could do 4 with perfect form with no problem, why is that? Also any method to make training more fun and increase motivation?

WHAT FUCKING ROUTINE DO I DO??!?!?

I know we hate reddit, but r/bodyweight has a really good beginner routine

Do they have a good intermediate routine?

Here's a routine that one of the mods over there wrote up thats more intermediate
antranik.org/bodyweight-training/

Why thank you

thanks m8

What are good numbers for weighted pull ups and weighted dips if you have been lifting for two years?

I feel mediocre, I can do 32kg weighted pull ups for 4 reps and 2 reps 52kg weighted dips but that's for 3 sets only before i get too tired to keep with it

I already have seen guys who can do weighted pull ups with 20kg after 5 months so i don't know if i progress too slow or they started a little advanced than me

Don't worry about other people man. You're not exactly weak so why do you care?

Does anyone have a weekly routine they can share with me?
Right now, I do:

5 mile run
60 pushups
2 min plank
2 min superman
1 min flutter kicks
60 leg lifts
15 pullups
5 x 10 dumbbell curls

It was the routine my track coach recommended in high school but I feel like I'm not getting maximum gains from this workout because I'm not isolating muscle groups on a day-by-day basis.

I have been stalling hard for like 4 months so it's getting on my nerves

I tried even losing %bf so i could get better but still didn't work, i'm thinking on dropping all this weighted bullshit and just trying to get new skills on the rings

I'm doing with pretty decent result so far.
>because I'm not isolating muscle groups on a day-by-day basis.
You can't really do isolation with bodyweight training.

Maybe worth a look.

that routine is pretty shit tbqh
There are a bunch of routines posted in this thread that are good depending on what you're looking for
Foundation, gold medal bodies, antranik's ppl, r/bodyweightfitness reccomended routine, startbodyweight routine.

after getting overcoming gravity for christmas I have realised the reddit recommended routine is actually just the OG beginner routine.

Where do you think I should start given my stats? Most of the exercises come easily to me because I'm 5'10 and 170 lbs so I don't have to leverage lanky mass.

Why wouldn't it be?

>every bodyweght exercise is compound
Not completely true. There are isolation exercises for bodyweight.

>You can't really do isolation with bodyweight training.
Sure you can.

I dunno, just start.
I doubt you can do one arm chin up 5x5 from the start, so on your fist training just try which of these exercises are your limit and start progression. As you go along check what recommended for further preogression.

i mean thats like saying starting strength is the beginner routine for stuff like greyskull because it has bench squat and dead
pullups dips rows and pushups are just kinda the base for bodyweight routines

>Sure you can.
Can you give example?

Seems good, I will try it

For biceps, there is the bodyweight biceps curl.
For triceps, you can do tiger pushups, working towards "impossible dips".

If you were so inclined, you could even isolate traps with inverted shrugs.

those are still core exercises in disguise

This.
You can name exercises that hit certain muscle or muscle groups, but you usually have other muscle engage to hold or stabilize the position in exercise.

I'm having problems with shoulder snapping and pain when i do pull ups. Anyone else had this? How did you cure it?

That's not how it works. There's no exercise, in bodyweight or free weights, that isolates a muscles by that logic. There's always some other muscle or muscles engaged when doing isolation exercises, so the term would lose all meaning if that was taken into account.

I used to have that when I first tried switching from chinups to wide grip pullups. I ended up doing close grip pullups for a while and now wide grip doesn't bother me at all.

>There's no exercise, in bodyweight or free weights, that isolates a muscles by that logic.

Exactly.

In my experience, a rings muscle up is much easier because I can rotate my grip, so I can use a preferred position. Also it's easier for me to rotate my palms around rings. Then again, I always do slow muscle ups, so maybe it's different with regular ones.
But for me, the fixed grip on the bar is less natural.

That's just stupidly wrong. Compound vs isolation isn't based on how many muscles are working, it's based on how many joints are needed to perform the movement.
1 joint moving = isolation.
2 or more joints moving = compound.

So even though your core is engaged during a bicep curl, for instance, you're only moving one joint, your elbow.

form check, are you depressing+retracting your shoulder blades?

Any bw routines that are judo/wrestling oriented? Lifting is working wonders for my strength but I feel like I'd get more control over my body and more muscle stamina with some calisthenics or something.

Ok, that makes more sense.
So can you name one?

not really answering your question but I feel like pistol squats and shrimp squats would be gr8 for balance and stregth

Shit, didn't read last sentence.

Lots of people do sets of 20+ pull ups for endurance and stuff.
A lot of people do a lot of sets as well, so adding weights is counter-productive when you just won't be able to pump out all of those sets.
It's a different type of training, really.
When you start fucking around with weights, you should just do regular compound lifts instead.

Yeah, i'm following scoobys form but it still happens near the end of the down movement.

Tiger pushups and impossible dips, like I already mentioned.
Inverted shrugs, and, to a lesser degree, bodyweight biceps curl.

Planche, L-sit, iron cross, muscle up.
There's a lot of complex movements that you just won't be able to perform with weights.

>lever equivalent
None, really. For the delts part you could say front raises, but levers are about lats, core, abs and hip flexors as well, and I don't think you could get closer to that than with the deadlift.

Either retarded or a shill for faglift..I mean powerlifting.

No those kipping or momentum+kicking pullups you do don't count as actual pullups faggot.

With push ups you move shoulders and elbows, same goes for dip.
With bicep curls you would move elbows and at least wrists.
With shrugs I gues you're wright.

>With push ups you move shoulders and elbows, same goes for dip.
Look up the exercises I mentioned instead of mistakenly assuming they're like the normal ones.

>With bicep curls you would move elbows and at least wrists.
Your wrist is supposed to stay neutral during a curl, so no, only one joint.
The reason I wrote "to a lesser degree" for bodyweight biceps curl, is that the shoulders will move a little, but it's so little that I would still call it an isolation exercise.

different dude, crossfit hate aside why do they do high reps of kipping pullups and butterfly pullups and stuff like that. What benefit are they aiming for?

To make their cultists tired and more easily manipulated.
The idea that they are doing something to get fitter while belonging to something is so enticing to those retards.
This is setting them all up for a lifetime of debilitating joint and organ injuries.

This is cult creation 101.
The breaking down period is what it's called I believe. Almost how SS is pushed around here.

What is the difference in muscles focused between pistols and shrimp squats?