Tfw can't progress on my snatches anymore

>tfw can't progress on my snatches anymore

How do I increase my upper back strength? Do I need to do more snatch balances? I need to improve strength and stability in the catching position.

Pic sort of related.

how the fuck should we know if you didn't post a video.

Haven't filmed myself. Coach says I'm landing too far forwards. I need to keep more upright and honestly I don't know how to do this. Doing lat pulldowns and/or pullups doesn't seem to give me the upper back strength I need.

Work on your technique first, you might be snatching like a retard. You'll need to film yourself for us to know for sure, but make sure the bar is tighter to your body and you're getting more explosive in the 2nd pull as you might be catching it too low as well.

Overhead squat, balance snatches or balance power snatches. Accessories can be lat pulldowns, wide rows, face pulls, so as long as you get scapular contractions, but the best exercises are the aforementioned.

I'm working on my technique daily. I train at an actual olympic gym with an actual coach who has lifted professionally in the past. I'm steadily improving on both my pulls but I tried to max out yesterday because that's what we were doing and I noticed a barrier at around 50 kilos. I did 40 and 45 just fine but 50 and 55 was too much and I dropped my chest forwards leading to me catching in an awkward position.

I'll try and work some more overhead squatting and snatch balance into my training.

>Can't snatch 50 kg

So you're almost certainly a skinny stick, right? Even if your technique is utter trash, most strong men can just sort of man-handle the amount up.

Wait why are you asking us if you have an actual coach

How do I into snatch? I can't squat overhead, everytime I try I drop the weight forward as I go deeper.

I have been working on this for 2 weeks with little or no improvement pls halp

I'm at least twenty kilos underweight for my height so yeah. My 1RM press is probably around 55kilos. Was 60 a few months ago. Before I started oly lifting in november I had been lifting for two years already

Looking for extra input I guess.

Dude if you're snatching 50kg you just need to snatch more and get stronger.

Start doing behind the neck snatch grip press

Work on ankle, hip and shoulder mobility

Get a coach

Work on upper back strength.

Get a coach

I would love a coach but I live in an area where that is non existent

>I'm at least twenty kilos underweight for my height so yeah. My 1RM press is probably around 55kilos. Was 60 a few months ago. Before I started oly lifting in november I had been lifting for two years already

I started Oly as a skinny stick too. Made some progress, but so much. All the stupid Amerifags are like "ONLY TECHNIQUE MATTERS JUST PRACTICE".

Fucking lie. Strength matters.

I quit Oly and just gained a shitload of weight and got way stronger. And my Oly lifts went way up.

If you want to be good at Oly and you're a twig, quit Oly and stop being a twig and then go back to it. Or do Oly 1x a week and spend rest of the week getting big doing a strength program.

>I noticed a barrier at around 50 kilos
Fucking eat

t. 115kg PL that could power snatch 90kg first time I tried it for the lulz

OP here

Then you're screwed, family.

I was like you, lifted alone and fimed myself doing the lifts. Didn't realize what I was and wasn't doing.

Then I got a coach, a loooooot of stuff was pointed out to me and I had to go all the way back to an empty 5kg bar to practice with. Now three months later I'm starting to get better. Pulls are smoother, I'm landing properly with my feet, using proper hip thrust. My shoulders are getting looser as well as my ankles (althought I had to raise my already high adipowers).

Coach helps a lot and it takes a long time to get good.

Jesus christ. I started off at 50kg after getting used to just the bar lol. You'll make it brah. Probably need to start putting on some mass first, 20kg is 44lbs. What you said here kind of points towards you either being too slow on the third pull or too weak on the second pull, if your 40-45kg was fine. Try getting more power into your pulls or just working from the hang snatch and practice getting under the bar fast.

Coach is from Bulgaria. We're mostly training with doubles and triples on 80+% weight because that's how theu're doing it over there apparently. I admit I haven't eaten a lot since I started - not that I was eating a lot when I was just regular strength traning.

I'm 184cms 77kils and lifting for two years, but all my regular lifts are dog shit compared to others my size and experience. Will try to eat more lads.

Time to move I suppose, although I knew a kid in highschool who taught himself and he could clean and jerk 245@ 115lbs with what looked like excellent technique. Too bad he moved as well

>184cm
>below 100kg
FUCKING HELL

EAT

I "can" snatch 50. I did on my own before I started getting coached.

But I can't with decent technique and I'm using way more muscle power than needed. I only last week after three months learned to properly sit down in the catch position.

Why are you even wasting your time lifting if you don't eat? Literally retarded. You won't recover and you won't get stronger and it's a total waste.

An Oly lifter at your height would be 110-115 kg during training season.

Even natty?

Yes.

Though the guys that go to the olympics aren't natty obviously.

Okay sure I always knew I had to get to a higher weightclass.

But what if I don't want to become a fat piece of shit? I mean I'll do it if that's what it takes to git gud at this sport because I finally feel like lifting has a purpose but god damn .

You certainly won't be very fat at 100kg if you have even a modicum of muscle.

Then, you just take it slow filling out.

Don't do it in 6 months you stupid nigger. Just do it weightclass by weightclass. Basically you're going from auschwitz mode to yoked and you're doing it natty so it's going to take a few years.

Right now your goal is to get to 85 kg. Then once you've settled in at 85 and aren't too fat, go for 94. Etc.

Ok I will. Thanks for all your input.

Holy fuck. You need a hypertrophy phase, now. Actually eat, add in 70-80% 8-12 squats (front squat and back squat), 70-80% diddly, and do lots of rows/pulldowns.

Exactly, I'm telling you hypothetically what may be wrong with your technique that is causing you to catch too low. It may be speed under the bar, it may be that you aren't pulling it high enough. Record some video and compare. That or your pull is too far from your body (assuming your ~40kg catches are in the right position - if not, consider catching wider).

You have the same problem as one of my training partners. He is very flexible and quick in the turnover, yet he has an incredible hard time to get the bar high enough even though his 3rd pull is fast.
We ran a few test with him (e.g. doing eccentric high pulls with a 2-3s eccentric) and discovered severe weakness in the upper back.

Barbell Rows and Power Snatches is where it is for him the next few weeks in order to get some strength going on there.