Tfw gf left me after 3 years

>tfw gf left me after 3 years
Are we ever going to make it brahs? Should I try getting her back?

happens user do not under any circumstance get back together as it will fail miserably again

accept that it is over get your mind off of things go out with friends lift drink if you must

but get your sorry ass up and do something you've always wanted to do and treat yourself something nice

Thanks user. You are a good person

chin up not the end of the world and you'll be just fine

just have shallow meaningless sex with easy women and lift away the pain. Like god intended

Maybe one day

happened to me my dude. i was in a dark place for a long time. the entire story is not worth repeating but i can share with you some advice.

live one day at a time. one moment at a time. do not fight or resist the feelings that you have. scream, cry, sleep, do what your heart tells you to do in order to make peace. and above all, remember this will only be a mistake, a waste of time, if you allow it to be. work on yourself constantly, look in the mirror constantly, and allow yourself to grow and change. let this teach you more about WHO you want to become, and do it.

women often tell themselves "if he fights for me, then he's worth it." ask yourself: do you want a woman that subscribes to that mentality? could you respect someone who needs you to be anything other than who you are?

everything is going to be alright. this will pass, as all things do. and you will emerge from the crucible a better man.

i believe in you, user.

what happened family?

some solid wisdom there, except for the staring in the mirror part.

never go full dennis.

not worth being inthat dark place tbqh come to accept it and move on with your life instead of drowning in self pity

You've been through some heavy shit hey... sorry bro =(

But you get it now.

But yeah boys, old mate knows what's up. Listen to him.

>women often tell themselves "if he fights for me, then he's worth it." ask yourself: do you want a woman that subscribes to that mentality? could you respect someone who needs you to be anything other than who you are?
Damn user that me think. This girl i'm having eyeballing is literally expecting from me to do exactly that when in return i'm getting nothing

>could you respect someone who needs you to be anything other than who you are?

Been really thinking about this. Not sure how anyone could maintain self respect trying to love someone that doesn't love them back as much.

>was always an autist nerd lurking Veeky Forums
>Went through cocoon made after zyzz died and got Veeky Forums
>met a qt and got really involved
>say things without thinking like an autist
>gf gets upset but we still stay connected
fast forward..

>go on trip for 2 weeks
>90% good but she gets really upset
>we talk a lot and agree we can make it work
>Back from holiday for two weeks
>big dinner party at her place
>we sit all night eating, drinking, laughing and having fun
>five minutes after everyone leave she bursts into tears and breaks up with me

I didn't see it coming brahs. How can such a long relationship just end.

1. cut all contact with her. block her from your phone and social media if you want. it's a lot harder to get over someone if you're seeing what they're up to regularly
2. work on yourself, hang out with friends, maybe casually smash some bitches if you're up to it
3. in time the pain will wear off and you'll be ready to date again. i'd give it at least 6 months before you try seriously seeing someone again but everyone's different so go with how you feel

and like said under no circumstances should you ever get back with her. it will be tempting at first but in time you'll realize that there's a reason the relationship didn't work out and there's someone more compatible out there for you

>go on trip for 2 weeks
>five minutes after everyone leave she bursts into tears and breaks up with me
>I didn't see it coming brahs

you really are autistic...

she met chad while you were gone
odds are chad was at the dinner (if not family gathering)
she felt guilty af
she ended it to duck out

Really struggling with no contact. Everyone of my profile pics and almost all photos on my phone of the last few years is with her and cant bring myself to delete anything.

But I guess you are right. Time will help

Like a band-aid amigo, just get it done. Delete everything.

>odds are chad was at the dinner (if not family gathering)
We were on the trip together dog

delete everything. seriously the less you see of her the faster you'll get over her

download everything. stick it in a big folder and put it in the back of your computer and forget about it.

when you come to a point where you can look at the photos without feeling pain, then you can decide at that moment whether to get rid of them or not.

no contact is absolutely vital. don't pretend like you aren't hurting or that this doesn't bother you. but if you chase after her then she will not respect you. delete your facebook, it doesn't matter what she thinks at this point. get rid of anything you have that reminds you of her. just put that shit in a box and put it in the back of the closet.

don't lie to yourself and say that you didn't care. the reason that women have such an easy time doing things like this is that they allow their emotions to rationalize their actions, rather than vice versa. and most men forget rather than forgive. do the opposite. immerse yourself in the situation mentally so you can find peace and closure.

oh and find a good slut to fuck. it really does take the edge off.

my bad. but then my last two points still stand, whoever was at that party is who she missed while she was gone, felt guilty, decided to end it.

you only have 50% of the picture, now is the time to ask her fat bff that's been eyeing you to see if there was anything happening behind the scenes.

>and like (You) said under no circumstances should you ever get back with her. it will be tempting at first but in time you'll realize that there's a reason the relationship didn't work out and there's someone more compatible out there for you
Agreed

Reason you broke it off leave it at that

to reiterate, most girls have strict dependency issues and won't break up unless there's a plan b in motion. 90% of the time plan b is some other dude that's already in the picture, it could your friend, her coworker, your neighbor, or that guy she met at a club and claims he's her "gay bff".

I think that's what I can do today

Yeah hmm. Think Ive been looking at myself and not the relationship.

So much wisdom

But so still so much sadness

if you feel like crying do so let it all out

then tomorrow get your ass up and work out / study / whatever and accept that it is how it is now

Been there user, I'll second what other anons say about no contact. My gf of three years decided to break up cos she was moving home . I did the no contact for 2 weeks and she came crawling back. Not saying it'll happen to you but you're a man you can do anything you set your mind to and at the end of the day it's her loss

>But so still so much sadness

take a loot at the pic, and brace yourself for the next part.

Your are the snake in the apple tree user

Feels like I'm cycling though the first four

>. Not saying it'll happen to you but you're a man you can do anything you set your mind to and at the end of the day it's her loss
They always come back but do not take them back have some dignity it might last a week or a year but during that time it will not feel good at all and you will break up once again and hurt more

Don't do it focus on yourself

At least this breakup is really helping my shred period

I'm in a similar situation, user. My gf left me just before Thanksgiving. Don't fall for the "just friends" meme. It'll only bring you more pain. I tried it like a retard because I was friends with her before dating. I only now removed her from all forms of contact. Tomorrow, I'll hate myself for doing that, but later on I'll look back and know I made the right decision. Have to treat this as a blessing and focus on self.

I'm deleting everything now. It's hard. We are crying now but one day we will be back

No! My gf of 4 years left me a year ago, it was a huge blessing, I spent a half a year trying to get her back. Then I started focusing on myself, I am now happier than I have ever been. You'll make it through bro, be stronk