Too fat for squats

Okay Veeky Forums, Mr Fat Fuck here

Recently, thanks to a better job, I also got a gym membership. I want to go there before work, three times per week.

I already once started, read the sticky, had a nice A B A plan ready and everything seemed to work fine. But turns out I can't really do squats and some other entry shit with legs, ended with swelled knee. Because I'm a fat 320 lbs 6 ft idiot.

Now's my question - I'll probably start with eating steamed veggies and chicken breasts for diet and stick to some part of my previous routine, but what can I do about the leg problem? Should I drop squats and anything that was tied to my knee injury? Is there a machine I can do this on to lesser the overall harm? Obviously I want to cycle the shit out of myself at the gym, but it'd be nice to still be able to do some stuff with weights.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w2hGNM4l5so
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That gif
At least he embraced it

This was my routine when my knee gave out:

A
5×5 Squat
5×5 Bench Press
5×5 Barbell Row

B
5×5 Squat
5×5 Military Press
1×5 Deadlift

Seriously, no one can help a little? I know FPH threads are popular, but why no help for someone who actually wants to stop being fat and has questions.

You can still do upper body lifting, just wait to lose weight before attempting leg exercises. You could do cardio on the days that you had leg exercises planned, to lost weight quicker.
You don't want to fuck up your knees. DId you go to a doctor after you injury?

Couldn't go, but it went away after two weeks. Had the same problem when I started running for a month a year ago. Seems like I just can't run or squat for now. So I'll go for some upper body + cardio for fatties and some cycling.

You think that since this knee always gives out first I might have some injury in it?

it's simple start by doing squats without the bar. then do the bar and so on

I don't do SS, but in this format, does this mean 1 set of 5 or to go till exhaustion for 5 sets, or just 5 sets of 1? Really confusing.

I started with squats without the bar, I think I seriously weight too much for that for now. That's why I was asking if I can train the same parts of the body on some machines that separate my knees from my body fat.

First is sets, second is how many. So 5 sets of 5 squats per set etc. This is what I came up with after reading the sticky little more than a year ago.

If your knee starts to swell up or hurt every time you do an exercise that involves the knee as the main joint and load bearer then that seems like a knee problem, which might be dependent on weight.
Wether or not you have an injury I don't know, I'm not a doctor. But I think an injury would be more persistent. See, what I think happened is you overloaded the knee with weight, or in the instance of running, with too much pressure on it. Overweight people often have knee problems due to the fact that the knee is in much heavier use whenever you walk.
I'd say lose weight, which is probably your goal anyway, and try to start the leg exercises at a lower body weight. If the problem persists, see a doctor.
It might be an injury that only hurts when the knee is at a certain stress level.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

I'll change squats and deadlifts for more cycling, since it seems like these caused my knee to swell, from what I can remember.

Did your knee hurt only after the exercise?

After and sometimes during. Was kinda swelled sometimes when I was at work, what with a sitting job.

Since I stopped, it doesn't hurt, maybe sometimes I can feel it pulsating a little when I'm sitting in a very squeezed position with not much leg room, but this might happen maybe once every few months.

Been ice skating and on long walks with gf recently and my knee was okay, so I guess it was from the squats (or running) and my weight putting strain on my body.

Alrihgt, well I guess an injury would be more persistent. But knees are very complex and you can fuck it up badly, so I think if it persists after you lost a considerable amount of weight I'd seea doctor.

Thanks for the answers user. I'll post in some future FPH so you can laugh how fat I still am, when I lose 10 more kg.

An excercise that gets overlooked a lot in my opinion are rowing machines. It should allow you to start building up your legs and is an overall great compound excercise. With anything as long as you have good form you shouldn't hurt yourself.

Do some body weight reverse lunges. Do some hip thrusts because it's likely you have bad glutes/flute activation. If you're too embarrassed to do them at the gym do them at home. You don't need to do them with any weight for a while, if they get too easy do them with one leg. Always focus on form, never weight. GET OFF /FIT OF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT

>rowing machines
Oh come on, this thing would probably fuck my knees beyond observable universe.

youtube.com/watch?v=w2hGNM4l5so

Nice, just watched these and fuck yeah, these look okay, shouldn't kill me right away.

Any idea how many sets of these I should do every day, of both? 5x10? More? Huge thanks for this, user, I need more of this stuff.

What kind of shoes did you use? Also a trick I learned for squats is when you have the bar on your back to squeeze your glutes and allow your feet to rotate to their natural position. My knees used to hurt after squats. Once I learned that trick my knees stopped hurting after squats and I put 30 pounds on my squat after two weeks.

can you do deadlifts? if so, you can do those still and then try to sub in leg press for squats

but id really recommend just doing either bar or body weight squats. Your problem i imagine is that you have almost no stabilizer muscles in your legs, and you're getting hurt because there are no stabilizer muscles to lug around your fat body, so you hurt your joints. If you use your sweet noob gains to build them up you can be squatting in no time

So is this okay as my new training routine? Seems kinda lacking, can I do something else at the gym when I had to throw squats and deadlifts away?

A
5×5 Bench Press
5×5 Barbell Row
Cycling

B
5×5 Military Press
Cycling

+ hip thrusts and Bodyweight Reverse Lunges every day 5x10

I asked few alpha guys at the gym to see if I did any mistakes, they said my form was actually pretty great, since I tried to watch this stuff done on YT as much as possible as not to fuck my spine.

If you think deadlifts are okay, I'll keep them and just add them to B here along with leg presses and glutes everyday.

Huge thanks for this, anons. You're helping a ton.

I feel like this is obvious man, do the lifts you can for the time being and focus on losing some fat. lose a few lbs then try you squat again, and don't over do it, start slow.

deficit + cardio, even walking is better than nothing.

I know, I'm just autistic about getting this right now, so that I won't have to bother Veeky Forums with more stupid questions every week.

Get on the treadmill and lose some fat before you start up with a strength program. I know autists may disagree with me on this board with

>you g-gotta bulk n-nigger

but honestly, you'll be better off if you can get better ROM with less fat than pleasing some shits on Veeky Forums

I tried running already, both at the gym and outside, both times fucked with my knee again. That's why I'll start with whatever I can already do, plus cycling, plus whatever else you guys think I can try doing.

Also, since I always forget to say that - thanks for all the FPH threads, these get me motivated the most. Already lost 8 kg (from 155 to 147 kg) and I hope to lose 25 kg more before I'll start going more for strength than weight loss.