Ideal Europe Thread

This is basically a thread where you post your ideal Europe threads. What do I mean by ideal:
>Balanced to prevent war and make peace as best as you can
>Trying to match ethnic majorities so there is as much homogeneity as possible, be it by shared ancestry, culture or ideology
>Make it so every nation is able to as best it can support itself and be stable as well as either be a major player or allied to one in it's respective region
Note this also includes parts of North Africa and the Middle East because these areas are very much a key factor in European politics and have historically been very close to the continent.

>Pic related is the template
I will post my (OP) map first and explain my reasoning. Try to explain anything that may be vague and be nice to fellow anons, this isn't about national pride, it's about pragmatic and resonable debate plox
>inb4 ignore /pol/tards and trolls, they crave attention, let them starve...

This is mine (OP). New Nations include:
>Prussian Republic
>Basque Republic
>Catalonia/Valencia Republic
>Ruthenian Republic
>Scandinavian Republic
>Circassian Republic
>Dagestani-Czechnian Republic
>Kurdish Republic
>Arab Republic
>Tuareg Federation

And Scottish Republic, forgot that one.

Fuck sorry, also Tatar Republic and Kalmyk Republic as well as Cossack Federation. That's all of them lol.

So basically, I tried to balance the cultures, type of societies and powers to be most accurate. For example, the mixed areas of Southern Ukraine and the central Sahara I made federations do to their primarily nomadic history and culture which are federations here to match this. I also tried to make it so great powers were separated by smaller but still stable nations that have equal balance between them, so no majors share a border. For example, Ukraine loses lands in the south while uniting with culturally similar Belarus to form Ruthenia as a balance of Eastern Europe between Poland and Russia. I also tried to reflect cultural and lingistic lines as best as I can, for example, A united Arab nation, Scandinavian nation, German nation, and French and Dutch Nations that Split the Belgian nation, which I felt along with Switzerland was unnatural, and was better to be to be split between same language nations on their borders. Tried to be as impartialled as possible.

Btw this is history related because it explores the balance of power in Europe through historical, political and ethno-linguistic lines. It should be of note, that this is meant to be set sometime in the last 100 years or so, so basically the broader modern era of human history in which Liberal Democracies and Secular Republics became the status quo.

>let's play with pictures to make some alt-history

The absolute state of Veeky Forums

Here's mine.

Looks good but I think there are too many small and sometimes even landlocked nations with virtually no natural resources and small population density that are comparatively BEGGING to be annexed by a larger power

remove germans (and redistribute their land between netherlands, czechs, poles and french)
make anatolia not exist
scandinavia ruled by danes
balkan slavs ruled by croats
rest stays as it is

Who the fuck cares about Balkans

Perfect Europe, prove me wrong.

Pro-tip: You can't.

thats a big prussia and ukraine

Isn't that the logic that allowed them to fall under Turkish subjugation for 400 years tho desu?

Can you explain your reasoning? For example, why are portions of Romania shaded?

Make the map for us desu.

It's a good way to understand political balance and perspectives of fellow historians. It's a thought experiment if you will.

Here is the actual good answer.

Polacks tried to liberate them during Crusade of Varna, only Bulgarians joined them.

Austrians tried to cleanse Balkans from subhuman Turk presence after failed Polish attempt and balkanites didn't want to help them.

Russians tried to take Constantinopole back, but Balkanites sucked Turk dick.

They deserve it.

Vassals, although I could've just given them ober desu

Also theyre mostly syndicalist

Oh yeah and anyone who posted a europe without a czechoslovakia is an uncivilized charlattan who needs to be reeducated with forced labour

What are these countries?

Just reset everything to the way it was before the Great War.

Not the user who posted, but I think it's Rome, Pan-Germania, Pan-Gaelica and Pan-Slavia.

Wouldn't that create another great war?

why would you balkanize russia that much? why do all of these maps end up into weird exercises of some autismo's ill-advised conception of the real world

>that light green shitshow hodge-podge of diverse ethnicities and cultures in the far east begging for civil war and general unrest
>This destabilizes the continent and EU is forced to take fugees and gibs relief because we're civilized folk that help our fellow man

You're right. Let's fix that.

Because Russia just seeks to subjugate and generally bully it's minorities. If it were forced to cooperate more with them they would be forced to liberalize and wouldn't degrade the quality of life for it's neighbors and subjects as much as it has in the past.

Nah, the dark green is some sort of Slavic confederation that expanded, so basically alternate Russia. Light green in the south is the Shia caliphate, maybe Persian or Turkic. They are in conflict with the Sunni Caliphate that's black, and the Arab state exists as a buffer zone. The Berbers have their own large confederacy although the coast of Morocco was taken by the Iberian state because it's too strategic.

Purple is a Byzantine state, cream is a Hungarian state. Italy is united and mostly minds its own business. A French state exists as a result of the HRE divisions. A German confederacy has been formed, as Prussia was never successfully Germanized.

A pseudo Commonwealth exists under Baltic and Polish rule. A united Scandinavia is the main power in the Baltic, with strategic borders with "Russia" and "Poland".

Britain and the Benelux are colonial, mercantile states, mostly mind their own business.

Keep in mind this map is supposed to represent a fictional course for 600s Europe to modern Europe.

Intriguing, but why set up the middle east to purposely be in conflict?

Why would Germany annex Slovenia but not Czechia?

>no borders, everyone's the same
I
I>
I3
I

I thought about that myself. Slovenes are very much more Germanic than Slavic, while Czechia seems to be more defined from them. I considered it tho. The question comes down ultimately whether the Czech people see themselves as more Germanic or Slavic.

United Europe
You can even hear the Nationalist minorities Reee on this picture

>Slovenes are very much more Germanic than Slavic
Slavs are a linguistic group

What'd the purple? Byzantines?

>Slovenes are very much more Germanic than Slavic
No, Eastern Austrian population are basically Germanised Slovenes.

Divisions within Islam and geography.

The Berbers failed to assimilated and stubbornly stuck to their independence, and eventually formed a confederation to defend themselves from European and Egyptian aggression

Both Levantines and Persians adopted Islam because they were discontent with Christianty and Zoroastrianism, and it proved to be popular to the masses. Maybe light green is some sort of Turkic empire, doesn't have to be Persian.

The Arabs were no empire builders, so they devolved into tribal squabbles, leaving the Islamic world split.

The Byzantines mostly stabilized and set up their frontier on the Tarsus mountains with the two caliphates, profiting from the Bosphorus trade and subjugating most of the Balkans.

Yes

>Orgasms

r8

Vomit/10

Worst timeline

Literally only Portugal and Denmark look good
The rest of Europe is so fucking awful though that I have to conclude that those two countries are only good accidentally, and that you are beyond retarded
Seek medical help

Bár császárrá tudta volna koronázni magát....
Nem lett volna olyan siralmas minden ami a halála után történt.

This is mine:
>British Empire
Has control over Rhodes's belt and Hejaz. One of the most dominant European powers, however I denied them Malta and Cyprus to balance the Mediterrenean.
>French Empire
Annected Wallonia, but I denied them their colonies in Morocco and Tunisia for further balance.
>Iberian Union
The union of Spain and Portugal. They have high controll over the colonial regions outside of Europe. I additionally gave them Morocco to make them even more relevant.
>Italy
Has Nice and Corsica, and also Tunisia. Quite less pathetic than the original one.
>Scandinavia and United Baltic Duchy
Germanic superpower having great fleet and controll over the Baltic. Basically a Kalmar-like union and a Baltic duchy formed on the basis of Courland and it's pre-1795 dynasty.
>German Empire
Great inland power with manny buffer states, which are de facto it's vassals. Weak in the colonies though.
>Russian Empire
The same, however I weakened them in the Caucasus and Finland. They would have Alaska instead though (not shown on the map)
>Byzantine Empire
Hellenistic Empire controlling Greece, Anatolia, Cyreneica. Huge regional power and the main frontier of Europe.
>Persian Empire
Islamic empire for the balance. They controll Syria, Kurdistan, have access to Black and Mediterrenean seas. Highly dependent on the Western powers though.
>Netherlands
Small, yet colonial empire. Also a Franco-German buffer.
>Czechia, Hungary, United Kingdom of Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania
Buffer states and pretty much a German sphere of influence.
>Arab zone
Anglo-Persian buffer.

Entente:
>UK, France, Russia, Spain, Persia,
Anti-Entente ("Central Powers"):
>Germany, Scandinavia, Byzantium, Italy, Czechia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia,
Unaffiliated, or rather Crypto-Entente:
>Netherlands, Serbia, Arab zone

my sides

Outer Isles master race.

So I cleaned my previous version and added some theoretical capitals. What do you think?

what are you saying

Alright, but why no independent Baltic or Balkan states?

Although he could have crowned himself with an emperor ....
It would not have been so dreadful for everything after her death.

At least that's what google translate says. It's Hungarian.

The Balkans were split between the Byzantines and the cream state, which I'll say is an alternate Hungary. This Hungary is much more Slavic influenced but still "Hunnic" in character. The Balkans in the Byzantines have been very heavily Hellenized.

A pseudo-Commonwealth rules with Polish oversight, where Baltic culture still thrives. This is different from Scandinavia where merchants culturally assimilated the Balts and Finno-Ugrics, and "Russia" where they've been oppressed for centuries.

roast me

Bulgaria and Romania look fine, the rest is cringe.

>germany east of the oder

>Celtic Union
>Dalmatia
That's all you need to look at to realize the quality of this map

good post, fuck g*Rmanoids.

>Capital of Germany
>Prague

Is actually Greater Bohemia

If you give to Italy everything inside the Alps, then I think it's perfect

I thought Switzerland was incorporated into the Confederation of the Rhine no?

How'd I do? (I didn't spend much time on the Balkans because they're gonna go to war anyway)

Bad template
Can someone combine some blank maps from different periods?

Giving away southern poland doesn't make any sense honestly. It was always Polish.

It can accurately represent every border of the last century, I think it's pretty good desu.

I'm not even as bugged by the cancerous borders, it's the vomit inducing color scheme... Just why?

only applies to nation-states

That's the whole point of this thread dingus.

Huh?
a state =/= nation state

That was a mistake, I meant to correct it but forgot

Explain plox desu

>it even has reclaimed Constantinople

deus vult

>inb4 triggered grobgermcucks

>United States of Greater Austria
>Germoid puppet states
>Habsburg Italy, Poland, Ukraine, Flanders
>D*tchoids BTFO
>Istanbul is an international zone, Ottomans remain to keep the peace in the Islamic world
>Carlist Spain, integralist portugal
>Kingdom of France
>Kalmar Union
>Russian Empire
All countries are semiconstitituonal monarchies

And forgot Jacobite England

how do I play with templates?

paint

what did you do to Finland

>Bulgars Get Macedonia and Thrace

Also
>Cancerous H*bsburg blob

I don't know about Thrace but Macedonia is ethnically Bulgarian

Just gave them Soumi areas of Karelia, vyborg etc.

All I care about is rightful English clay

>t. Kaiser Etzel
Die you dirty LARPer, life is not a paradox game and noone wants to live under germans

Greece is already pretty homogeneous, I don't understand why you balkanized them like that

Here's a perfect world, there is literally no reasonable complaint possible about it.

Modern day colonial empires would be extremely inefficient and violent

Ex. Portugal

>hating the HabsBULLs

Are you some dutchie?

>Brussels as exclusively part of Flanders
>Flanders as part of the Netherlands
Yeah, that certainly wouldn't cause a civil war lmfaoo

if only
this makes me sad euroanons
we could rule the world again if we were united

>Macedonia is ethnically Bulgarian
the northern part yes, the greek part is greek

>Latin Catholic crusader phrase
>restoring the borders of Greek Orthodox, plus a bunch of random pet provinces from all across the Med