Do you meditate?

Do you meditate?

I've heard good things about meditation but I remain cautious that it's just a meme.

Can it help to alleviate social awkwardness?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_on_meditation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It can help in a lot of different ways. I used to meditate for an hour before going to bed every night to sleep better. As you get better at it you can become more relaxed easier in different situations.

Does being introspective and reflexing while you have nothing better to do count as meditating?

Lol im not too sure, but i think if you enter and try to attempt with that attitude, you wont reap any long term benefits from it. Also if you are thinking about a lot of stuff and your brain is running continuously, it isn't healthy meditation.

No it does not.

Why would it be a meme? Meditation has a very real physiological mechanism that impacts one's mood, attention, anxiety and depressive symptoms, and biological variables such as blood pressure.

Social awkwardness? Perhaps. Are you awkward because you're anxious and come off as an autist? It may help if you meditate. Try doing mindfulness for 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. You'll see benefits within 8 weeks.

It helps with social autism

what routine should I use?

Just jack off. The endorphins relax you mentally and physically. Helps you think clearer. Meditation for hippy fags.

Mediation does help, it's mental gains.

Can someone just tell me how to meditate? I have heard you just focus on your breathing but that doesn't do shit. Like what do i actually do?

You can meditate all day if you feel like it, sit in full lotus, erect spine (enough to have good posture), close eyes, take a deep breath, empty mind, focus on your breath (nose is best), try to think about nothing but your breath

Breathe normally during meditation

Sit down in a comfortable position, and focus on your breathing.
Then allow yourself time to adjust to your brain's thoughts, and try to make sure you aren't constantly thinking about things.
The key for this is to make sure that, instead of pushing out thoughts, you watch them freely flow by.
This takes some practice but once you get used to it, it feels great when you're finished meditating

Wtf does this even mean?

How do I empty my mind?

Become thoughtless

The only way to understand, is to sit down right now and try it. When you sit down and focus on your breathing, you'll start to realize you're thinking about different things and your conscience voice is running. Once you realize, don't be quick to push those thoughts out of your head, instead, once you start thinking about anything, remind yourself and slowly drown out the thoughts, then refocus on breathing.

I've found that for beginners you have to deal with just a deluge of random thoughts when you first start. You'll try to think of nothing and just get a bunch of bullshit. This is normal. Keep mediating. When you meditate focus on yourself breathing in and breathing out. Try to think about nothing but the sound of that. It's difficult to explain but it's just like paying close attention to someone talking in a loud area. Focus on that one thing and hopefully you can learn to drown out the other noises.

So I just focus on breathing for an hour? Sounds pretty cuck to me. Am I supposed to reach some state of nirvana by just focusing on breathing or something?

>sounds pretty cuck to me
Very unlikely you will try this out or ever attain much from it withe that attitude. The point isn't to obtain nirvana, unless you're into the religion. It is to focus your mind, attain more willpower, become more spirtual if that is your purpose. Mind, body, and spirit should all be worked out to peak efficiency

>he doesn't know about having to reach nirvana
not going to make it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_on_meditation

I'd start off with reading the researched benefits of meditation.

This is purely speculation, but I think just the fact that humans are constantly thinking everyday, now especially with our phones and computers, we've lost the basic skill of relaxing our brain.

I mean if you see any other animal, they spend A LOT of time just sitting around and relaxing.

I think meditation is similar to the gym, but instead of honing the body, it hones the mind.

And not necessarily a state of nirvana, but the tired but conscious feeling of contempt. When you learn to meditate, that feeling will pour into other aspects of your life, and you won't even realize it.

Do you ever have those small moments where you just feel content? You're making breakfast or something similar. There is nothing in the background besides maybe some light music, you aren't trying to distract your mind, but you just feel happy. No? Tucking meditate you faggot, you're brain needs time to relax just like your body

No

Reflexing? Is that some new thing where you reflect while flexing? Nice, brah.

It's a meme user. Don't ever study, research, or attempt it ever cuz it's a meme.

>nirvana isn't here and now and never was or ever will be

Thanks. This did it. I meditated. Fucking sick.

Is actually standing in front of a baseball machine and avoiding the balls
I have kind of cured my autism with it. I just remember all the socially awkward shit I have done, try to explain why I did it and how to proceed to not do it again, also I can't relax properly unless I am very tired and in that case I fall asleep

How did it feel?

It can, after practicing meditation in private you can start to apply it in social situations, when you feel the Anx bubbling up, you can use it to chill you out, taking bathroom breaks to meditate briefly works too

i heard meditation described like as the gym and fitness plan but for the mind/consciousness, and so after meditating, in all situations does the mind stay more relaxed and alert. like the body stays more fit after the gym.

we will all make it.

No, that's quite the opposite actually. The purpose of meditation should be to rid the mind of thoughts and anxieties not fill it.