Is it possible to pull an all nighter to reset a nocturnal sleeping schedule?

Is it possible to pull an all nighter to reset a nocturnal sleeping schedule?

Anyone here done it?

polite bump

Idk what that means but my sleep schedule changed I have to be up at 6am i usually do 10am. you adapt man. Its just sleep bro its no big deal

Unfortunately I'm pretty confident it doesn't work. I used to be nocturnal and tried that many times. The best way to fix a nocturnal schedule is to cut your sleep by 2 hours by waking up earlier than normal.
Then the next day try to sleep 2 hours earlier, if it doesn't work, just wake up the same time you did the morning before (use alarms obviously). In about 4 days your schedule should be fixed.

seriously? yes it's possible lol I've done that dozens of times. Probably not great for you though. And you'll sleep like a fucking bear the following night.

Ive done it b4. works well but eventually i always go out with friends and get home 5-6am and its all fucked again.

no sleep debt is real and you will pay for it the following days.

How old are you? It works fine for teenagers, but if you're even in your twenties then chances are you'll just fall asleep in the afternoon and wake up at night, and still have a messed up schedule.

There are some tricks you can try to wake up super early: Eat twelve hours prior to when you want to wake up and don't eat again until breakfast. (That one tends to work for me.) There's the Bart Simpson method of drinking a ton of water before sleeping and waking up early to take a leak. (When I tried this one I ended up waking up at 2am. Same problem as the no sleep method.) Then there's gradual adaptation, waking up a bit earlier every day. (For some reason, I have never had luck with this one.)

I recommend eating twelve hours prior to when you want to wake up, and just dealing with being really groggy the next day. It's still not as bad or groggy as you'd feel trying to stay up for a super long period of time.

Yes it is. But only if you go to sleep at 22.00 and wake up at 08.00 the next day AND keep a very tight sleeping schedule afterwards. So tomorrow go to bed at 10, even if you aren't tired. And from then on always go to bed at a set time and wake up at a set time, you can maybe extend it by half an hour but not longer. Again if you're not really tired go lay in bed anyway. Then set your alarm clock at 8 and when it goes off get out of your bed, no fucking snoozes and no turning around to sleep on otherwise it'll fuck your sleep schedule again. This might be hard for a few days but your body will be totally used to it after a week and you'll be sleepy at your set time and sometimes even wake up 10 min before your alarm goes off.

is it possible? yes. but if you even fuck up just little it's back to square one. eat some melatonin and mentally exhaust yourself. no movies music or tv. and you should get tired.

I do this all the time, but it's not very effective and it feels like it's fucking my brain hard.

This sounds like a better idea.

Literally did it 2 days ago.

It's easy as fuck OP, tonight just stay awake all night, just watch a bunch of movies or something. Then tomorrow just go about your day, you'll be tired but you shouldn't have to do anything too important (Sunday for you tomorrow right? Just chill out and don't bother running errands or anything like that)

Have a coffee if you feel like it, read a book, just don't go to sleep during the day. Then around 9 or 10 at night go to bed, you'll pretty much just drop and fall asleep instantly, you'll wake up tomorrow feeling fine and you'll be back to a normal sleeping schedule

chem student here. I'm a bit of an insomniac and I do this all the time. Sometimes I get into a routine where I am up for 2 days then sleep the next day. This method definitely works if you put some effort into it, but it's quite taxing.

I would suggest waking up 2 hours earlier than normal each day, and sleeping earlier until you have your ideal sleep schedule, it's easier on your body and mind.

When I pull all nighters I drink lots of coffee and modafinil. It's quite difficult to pull them off sober.

I cover myself in extra blankets so I always wake up when the sun comes out and it starts to get hot
It's summer here by the way

While this seems to be appropriate for a chem student, doesn't that lead to mental health complications? user, you should try to get some more rest. I'm worried about you.

pulling an all nighter you will get whats called a sleep debt. and simply sleeping the next day won't fix it.

best advice in the thread

Here is what you do user. You go to bed one to two hours earlier every two to three nights.

i did it semi-accidentally a while time ago. here's how i did it:

>get drunk as shit at 11 am in the morning
>[scene missing]
>come to and realize it's 10:30 at night
>stay awake and kill time
>go to sleep around 2:00 am in the morning
>wake up around 10:00 am

that was about a year ago and i've been able to consistently get to sleep between 11:00 pm - 2:00 am and wake up between 7:30 am - 9:30 am.

thank fuck for gainful self employment while i figure out what kind of bachelor's degree to pursue.

i would suggest something healthier and safe than binge drinking in the morning, however.

Try melatonin. Sweet fuck that shit should be illegal it works so good

I'm doing it right now because I have to go back to college next week. It works, just do it a week in advance and stay awake until at least 6pm, wake up at say 4am, then the next day go to bed at 7pm and wake up at 5am. Keep doing that until you're back to normal. Kind of a backwards way of doing it but it works for me.

> tfw live in Australia

all we have is some shitty herbal melatonin