/owg/ Olympic Weightlifting General

havent seen one of these in a while edition
ive never made the /owg/ before, so if im missing op stuff im sorry, i dont have any of it
talk about oly lifting, new pr's, whatever you want related to the Olympic lifts
webm is of me c&j 175 over break. i havent trained my oly lifts in a few months and it was originally supposed to be a clean and push press, but i fucked up and it turned into a shitty c&j, i know the footwork is bad
>fuck my shit up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZE2nQZseJYc
owresource.com/books.php
youtube.com/watch?v=j4t-XRwBs9E
barbend.com/iwf-khadzimzrat-akkaev-tests-positive-2012-olympic-games/
barbend.com/chinese-weightlifting-face-1-year-competition-ban-positive-retests/
barbend.com/charis-chan-four-year-doping-sanction/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's not a clean. That's a muscle clean.

yeah i know its shit form, like i said ive not really worked the oly lifts for a few moths and this was one of my first attempts
>pls no bully

Horrible first attempt.

Also do a push jerk instead. Push press with a jump

will do from here on
i know it was bad and i feel bad and really more than anything i needed something to start the thread

Look up on the archives or make a webm of klokov, Clarence, or some Asian guy

damn clarence would have been good fuck
and i tried looking for archives and honestly i didnt really want to put too much effort in, where have the normal posters been? usually the general is up almost 24/7

> usually the general is up almost 24/7
I know. I feel ashamed that I didn't get good advice when people here still did Olympic weightlifting. Now whenever there's a /owg/ thread there's at most 20 replies until some thread about BRAAAP gets posted and kicks it down.

well hopefully we get some more posters in here now, i'd really like for some other guys to offer some advice to my buddy. he started lifting not too long ago and he's having issues with his cleans and i'd like to post some videos here to help him out a bit, otherwise he said he's gonna post on fuckin leddit

fixing my form a bit, have always been a bit too hip heavy and don't get enough leg extension so I do this massive jump back and fail to get as much height on it as I could be.

Also trying to widen my grip for both sn and clean, but I hate it. My form looks better, just feels way less explosive. Still though, numbers haven't dipped massively which is ok.

Tbh I can help you out, I train couple of people with their oly lifting.

But I don't really have the time to keep the general up.

What specifically does your friend need help with?

pls rate my piece of shit power clean, im trying to into owg. ty 40kg @80kg

ok. ill try to upload some of the videos soon

Tbh it's pretty good, your jump is nice. Not too high and don't jump forward or backwards. Also your catch is nice, make sure it doesn't bounce when it lands. Also good to see that you're only guiding the bar with your arms, rather than trying to make your arms do all the work.

I'd say to work in your explosive power from your thighs before you up the weight too much.

So overall 8/10 on form

Okay cool, I'm heading to gym now so I'll be available all night.

Also it looks like you wink a little when you first pull. Make sure you tighten your back and extend your legs at the same time when the bar leaves the ground

Change in form, even for the better is always gonna feel weird at first like you're unable to put much power into the bar.

When I got a new coach my snatch form changed a heap, first few months it was a bit of a step back but after 5 months I put 15kg onto my power snatch (hip injury so haven't been able to test full snatch, just getting back into it)

true, i prob wasnt really focusing on that bc it was so light

>explosive power from your thighs
so like during the first pull?

Yeah I know lightweight makes form a little more iffy since you don't think you need to worry too much, but you should focus on that always, otherwise you'll be doing a big pull one day and fuck your shit up.

Try to make it second nature, grab bar, go down to starting position, tighten back and core, first pull remain on balls of feet, ect ect

>during first pull

Yes, during the first pull up until you land the jump. Try to remain on your thighs. It'll feel odd if you are usually using your other leg muscles.

Because you're already in oly shoes it'll make it easier, basically try to remain light on the balls of your feet when you jump

> basically try to remain light on the balls of your feet when you jump

gotchaaa ty

All good man, need anymore help just ask

yeah every new coach always has a different idea of what is right. The biggest difference seems to be in whether they recommend internal or external rotation in the pull

my hip has been fuckaroo'd too, probably the worst injury I can remember. Stupid SI joint

The issue with a lot of the coaches I've seen and worked with is that they are very ego-central. They think their method of teaching is the only right way and will try to make a client completely relearn their technique even if it isn't too technically incorrect.

alright, heres the first video of my friend. he's obviously falling forward and he seems to be having some issues with racking it. his flexibility isnt really an issue at least not for squatting, how should we go about fixing all this?

another of his pulls

Bump to keep it alive

I'll post more in depth in a little bit, but basically he should work on the individual pulls and movements on the clean then when he has then down pat put them all together.

Also he doesn't let the bar touch his upper thighs when he pulls

He's using is arms. Neither his ankles, knees or hips are in extension when the bar leaves his thighs, which it isn't touching either. In fact the bar doesn't seem to touch him at all from the moment it leaves the floor and ends up on his shoulders.
Try doing high pulls and just focus on the triple extension.

got it. any advice on his balance issue? i've been thinking about having him do a few sets of front squat every time he squats to help him get more familiar with the rack position and the way the weight feels

Try some overhead press while ass to grass in the squat position.

That should help his balance

He's forward because the bar is never in the right place during the lift. He pulls around his knees and his chest is already behind the bar at the knees. The bars forward because of this.

olympic lifts are in kg not lbs you fucking cheeseburger

Shut the fuck up spaghetti/ weinerschnitzel/ vodka

looks to have the same form as me when I tried doing cleans yesterday lol. Does anybody have some good resources for learning to clean (+other olympic stuff)? Not looking to be spoon fed, just give me something to read or watch.

look at alan thrall's video on power clean, theres a video of rippletits coaching it on youtube too, idk if its on his channel or i think it might be the videos he did with art of manliness
clarence is good to watch for good form, other than that something that really helped me is watching olympic athletes in slow motion. you can really break the lifts down and see what they look like then

okay thanks. I'll check thrall and ripple out. Thrall is smarter than me, but I can't stand his meme persona.

I just got into olympic weightlifting, how often should I train powerclean form? Last week I trained with just the bar at the end of my workout for about 20 mins to get the technique until Friday where I done 5x5 70kg cleans. Is this okay?

now see i like a lot of what thrall is doing. im a metal head and i used to have long hair and lift so i guess i feel for the guy or something, he genuinely seems like a nice guy and he puts out really good stuff, and he hasn't begged me to buy or try his latest meme fucking supplements or programs like literally every other channel, so i cant be mad
like that guy
these guys know a bit more than i for sure, but i know in high school we had a heavy training day and then a "clean development day" where we would do things like rack pulls, front squat, etc. and work on form. so aux work to build a better clean, and form work to help have the right idea of what to do with that strength
also, 5x5 is ok for now, but once weight is higher you might want to drop to higher sets lower reps

My back hurts after high bar squats, a pain that runs down my back left leg. I train ankle mobility and hip mobility every day.

Alright sounds good, I am so lucky that I go to a small, powerlifting style gym where the personal trainer guy (who was taught by an Olympian how to clean) gives me free form checks. Would 3 x 8 or something work in the future?

>The issue with a lot of the coaches

>THE ISSUE WITH RETARD NEW LIFTERS IS THEY THINK THEY KNOW SHIT COMPARED TO A GUY WHO"S BEEN COACHING FOR YEARS

i think you mean 8x3, but yeah that should be fine
if you think that guy wouldnt mind helping you ask him sometime, getting advice from people is one of the best ways to improve. also, video yourself so you can look back at your form and see issues, and you can always post here or somewhere else for advice

Yeah he is a total bro, he was the one who got me into OLY lifting after I asked him how to do it and he showed me with a barbell.

>Competing next weekend
>At 77 because no time to bulk
>Lifts shit because beginner

I'm gonna fucking embarrass myself but hey maybe I'll hit a C&J PR.

having a couple of issues with my lifts atm, can power clean 100kg but am horrendous at getting under the bar. hang cleans and cleans from the hip would help with this no? the only problem with these is that i dont feel like i'm fully extending when i do those exercises to improve on getting under the bar.
have the same issue with the snatch. And finally is it normal for your jerk to lag 15 or so kilos behind your clean?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZE2nQZseJYc

HAHAHHA lul
couldn't stop laughing

I remember there was a /owg/ sticky bad in the day. Someone help a grandpa out and give it to me please?

>tfw my best back squat is 185kg and my best front squat is 155kg
>tfw my best clean and jerk is 102kg
>tfw I see guys grinding out a 160 back squat and I see them clean and jerking 115

CRAWWLINNGGG INNN MY SKINNN

looked through my bookmarks, this is the best i could find
owresource.com/books.php

even if this general is shit with no one helping each other i won't be dragged down with it
sounds like you're inefficient user

>sounds like you're inefficient user

WOW ONLY A GENIUS WOULD KNOWTICE

its almost like you should stop whining about it on an anonymous joseon card trading forum and do more pulling and jerking work

i am strongest then u retard

obviously you're not strongest in the right positions user

I know a dude is international team member totals close to 300 @ 69 and has max bs is 180

No one will give a fuck and regardless what you lift people will encourage. Real life lifting isn't anything like the cunts here. Just make a total and enjoy it.

everyone will be thrilled that you're even there, just go out do your best meet some guys and have a good time user, get it man we're all gonna make it brah

This is what a majority of the fags on here look like

Not really desu

ya can't just be a set of legs, user

I back squat 140 clean and jerk 110 hehe

lads what % of your Jerk is your The Press? Is there an ideal % you should aim for?

I don't know because it's irrelevant and doesn't matter desu so nothing specific to aim for

>I don't know because it's irrelevant and doesn't matter
So ohp doesn't carry over to the jerk? is that what you're saying? i find that hard to believe, f a m

Didnt he lose lower back tension at the bottom there?

>tfw just now you realize clarence has the same deadlift number as the current IPF raw squat holder and he doesn't even train that as his main lifts

Srs Q: is clarence kennedy natty?

no but neither is the other dude

lmao no. He is 5'10" and weighs 220lbs while being incredibly lean and strong. Plus guy in this thread claims to have trained with him and that uses test suspension plus dbol.

Nah not really it doesn't. Why would it. Unless you need to strengthen the supporting structures once the weight is overhead, push press would be much better carryover

no

>So ohp doesn't carry over to the jerk?
no

I know someone who competed against him at jnrs and they said even then his face was a bloated red mess which is a big sign of dbol if ur lean everywhere else

You're not actually replying to me, although I did get a chuckle from your and anons witty back and forths

A 300kg C&J? I'm confus

I can clean pull up to 160 with relative ease, it's just making the most of my power position and getting the turnover right that I suck at

Extremely jelly, I've been training 2 years squatting high bar alongside DL and bench.

As of a few months ago I started squatting and doing the oly movements exclusively, probably explains why my back squat is massive relative to my C&J+Snatch.

No, but it's a result of dbol + immense amounts of overtraining + stupid good genetics. He wouldn't survive too long if he had to face the mutants in the 94/105kg area with the likes of other state sponsored dopers like The Fridge and Nurudinov.

Well I can't do any thing without a video. Try reworking technique. Do you stomp in the third pull already?

if my experience is anything to go by it they should shoot up to a more adequate level pretty soon

If clarence can get that strong olympic lifting as a hobby + small doses of bathtub chemicals made in a 3rd world country

imagine how strong he'll get training/recovering 24/7 in government training facilities getting injected by state-produced steroids made in a lab.

Someone tell him to change nationalities already so he can be a true freak of weightlifting

youtube.com/watch?v=j4t-XRwBs9E

One I uploaded a couple of months ago, made a few major changes in the past couple of weeks that have helped.

I now manage to keep my back straight and I grip the bar narrower but they haven't made a massive difference.

>barbend.com/iwf-khadzimzrat-akkaev-tests-positive-2012-olympic-games/
>barbend.com/chinese-weightlifting-face-1-year-competition-ban-positive-retests/
>barbend.com/charis-chan-four-year-doping-sanction/
AKKAEV BTFO.
CHINA BTFO.
CHARIS CHAN BTFO.

I'm surprised Mattie doesn't have a bigger ass considering how much she lifts, but I'd still very much like it if she sat on my face for an extended period of time.