Is it possible to eat too much protein?

Is it possible to eat too much protein?

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/convert
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

Yes

Maybe if you ate 3x per lb of bodyweight you would have some negative benefits.

You'd just turn it into glucose otherwise.

Yes. The guy in the movie Into the Wild died of protein overdose from the type of meat he was eating

I subsist solely off of protein powder And a fish oil tablet a day and I'm fine

Yes. I had a cousin who ate so much protons that he got an overdose and had to spend 2 whole weeks in hospital, because there were no humanity left in his body.

Never read the book, but in the movie he dies from a poisonous plant though.

yes protein is a meme. muscle gets big because of hormones and fat and carbs regulate those much more powerfully than protein. protein would be as important as muscle industry says if everybody was an infant.

dumb veganposter

You can break your kidneys with the excess that you cant break down. You wont do it instantly but if you force them to filter too much protein they start to have troubles over time

no. your body converts the excess and uses it or stores it.

Of course, haven't you ever seen a bukkake video? Actresses often seem pissed afterwards. Men don't though.

how come some tribes diet only consists of fish which is basically only fat and protein yet they are more healthy than the average person? shouldn't they have kidney issues if what you're saying is true?

Idk OP but your mom comes pretty close to the limit on a friday night

You can't store proteins

who said anything about storing proteins? read it again

They probably don't eat enough to have issues. To break your kidneys you need to consume a lot of protein. Not just more than you need, but more than you can handle.

You read it again you fucking retard IT LITERALLY SAYS "YOUR BODY STORES IT" YOU BRAINLESS FUCK

yes, it's called rabbit poisoning (named after some explorers or some shit only ate rabbit for a long time and died of it) generally you will be fine though as long as you don't get more than ~40% of your energy from protein for an extended period of time.

however, if you are getting way more protein than nessecary for muscle growth you are a retard because such a protein rich diet is much more expensive than a regular diet with enough protein.

Converts excess protein into glucose, then stores it. Go get learned.

yeah, its not very healthy for your kidneys if you get too much protein

>converts
dictionary.com/browse/convert

i eat my bodyweight in protein everyday and i am fine

>Converts excess protein into glucose, then stores it. Go get learned.
Stop acting retarded, and stop this fucking meme. Body never converts protein to carbs, except when it's under heavy stress of malnutrition in a life or death situation. Only then will the body covert protein to carbs to consume it. Never store. Please kys

Of course. It's also possible to drink too much water. Or even to breathe too much oxygen (though that requires some mechanical assistance).
Everything can be over-done.

same way as excess vitamins that are harmful to body don't get expelled through urine? stop being an idiot

@40028673
>Comparing vitamins to protein
Either this is a ebin b8 or you're retarded. Either way no (You) for you

% speaking they eat plenty of protein (and fat, so basically carb free diet, which isnt that uncommon), but quantifically they dont eat too much of it.

False

fat soluble vs water soluble vitamins exist, dont do that

He died because he couldn't get fat into his diet. Its called rabbit starvation.

Yes.

Someone that I know passed out and almost had his liver shut down from consuming too much protein. Honestly 1g/day is fine.

Too much protein is hard on the liver.

How long do they live, generally?

1g/day is way too low dude

Yes. Anything in excess can be fatal.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning

There is no known level of too much protein. I have yet to see a single person show sources proving otherwise. As long as you get enough fats, water, fiber, and micronutrients, (true for literally any diet) you can eat as much protein as you want. Go crazy.

At what amount does too much protein harm you? Make sure to cite it. Protip: you can't eat too much protein.

>Protein poisoning (also referred to colloquially as rabbit starvation, mal de caribou, or fat starvation) is a rare form of acute malnutrition thought to be caused BY A COMPLETE ABSENCE OF FAT.

So it's not the protein, it's insufficient fat. You didn't prove shit.

>>You didn't prove shit.
>I can't read
Ok.

google rabbit starvation

>Excess protein is sometimes cited as the cause of this issue; when meat and fat are consumed in the correct ratio, such as that found in pemmican (which is 50% fat by volume), the diet is considered nutritionally complete and can support humans for months or more
>However, given the lack of scientific data on the effects of high-protein diets, and the observed ability of the liver to compensate over a few days for a shift in protein intake, the US Food and Nutrition Board does not set a tolerable upper intake level nor upper acceptable macronutrient distribution range for protein.[5] Furthermore, medical sources such as UpToDate[6] do not include listings on this topic.

Rabbit starvation is caused by insufficient fat you dumb ass.

These are the kind of morons giving you advice, OP.